U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Santa Barbara vs. Charleston
Santa Barbara 41 61.19%
Charleston 26 38.81%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 08:48 PM

6,091 posts, read 3,197,559 times

Advertisements

This article indicates a lot of poverty in the Santa Barbara area. 1 in 5 in Poverty

Pretty much every city has poverty unless it is a resort town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 08:54 PM

1,798 posts, read 977,439 times
Santa Barbara is way better for visiting than living. 2 million for a small starter house and sky high taxes, no thanks. Charleston is a great city for visiting as well, not my cup of tea for living thou, too small.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:06 PM

5,419 posts, read 8,204,255 times
I have visited both and was happy to spend less than a day in SB. I saw the mission, toured the botanical garden, the lotus garden was closed. I'm not being snarky, what else did I need to see?

I have been to Charleston time and time again. You can tour the plantations and house museums, King and Meeting streets are good for shopping, but mainly I spend hours and hours walking in the neighborhoods. There's an aquarium and a navy ship you can tour. Then there's folly beach which is my favorite, some will prefer isle of palms. How many months can you swim in SB without a wetsuit?

Old 06-24-2017, 02:54 PM

8,372 posts, read 8,442,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
I have visited both and was happy to spend less than a day in SB. I saw the mission, toured the botanical garden, the lotus garden was closed. I'm not being snarky, what else did I need to see?

I have been to Charleston time and time again. You can tour the plantations and house museums, King and Meeting streets are good for shopping, but mainly I spend hours and hours walking in the neighborhoods. There's an aquarium and a navy ship you can tour. Then there's folly beach which is my favorite, some will prefer isle of palms. How many months can you swim in SB without a wetsuit?

Durr! How about its fantastic downtown, city hall complex, beaches, wine country, the paseos, the funk zone, the food, the wine! Nice try. SB is the prettiest city in the US. How many months of the year can you lay out and get a tan on the Charleston beaches!? SBs weather and scenery obliterate Charlestons. So sorry

Old 06-24-2017, 03:38 PM
BMI

6,517 posts, read 3,788,911 times
Santa Barbara.....

If it's good enough for Oprah.......

Old 06-24-2017, 06:03 PM

2,459 posts, read 1,042,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Durr! How about its fantastic downtown, city hall complex, beaches, wine country, the paseos, the funk zone, the food, the wine! Nice try. SB is the prettiest city in the US. How many months of the year can you lay out and get a tan on the Charleston beaches!? SBs weather and scenery obliterate Charlestons. So sorry
All 12 of them.

Old 06-24-2017, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texyn View Post
All 12 of them.

Gets a little nipplie in Dec/Jan and oppressive in summer in Chahlstun

Old 06-24-2017, 08:14 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,297,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
You truly show how uneducated you're regarding other cities...

The coldest average monthly temperature in Charleston, is 60 degrees in January... Which is literally only 5 degrees less than Santa Barbara in January. And to continue, it's a lot warmer in Charleston in th summer, and guess what, you CAN actually swim in the ocean without feeezing like the Pacific Ocean. Good try, maybe do some research before posting something you obviously have no clue about

Old 06-24-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post

The coldest average monthly temperature in Charleston, is 60 degrees in January... Which is literally only 5 degrees less than Santa Barbara in January. And to continue, it's a lot warmer in Charleston in th summer, and guess what, you CAN actually swim in the ocean without feeezing like the Pacific Ocean. Good try, maybe do some research before posting something you obviously have no clue about

Its crappy humid weather, and gets very nippy in winter too. Enjoy....

That's not the only thing SB is superior on, just part....

Old 06-24-2017, 11:37 PM

15,832 posts, read 5,395,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post

Charleston has bigger deviations in winter. They get days with highs in the 40s and sometimes 30s despite the averages, where I doubt Santa Barbara hardly ever sees a high below 50
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or