U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Santa Barbara vs. Charleston
Santa Barbara 41 61.19%
Charleston 26 38.81%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-25-2017, 07:41 AM
 
106 posts, read 58,079 times
Reputation: 66

Advertisements

Santa Barbara sucks they are a bunch of anti human green zealots!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-25-2017, 08:58 AM
 
Location: Placitas, New Mexico
1,111 posts, read 1,913,549 times
Reputation: 967
Two of my favorite cities, but if i had to choose I would easily choose Santa Barbara. I'm not comfortable with living in the South, and the risk of hurricanes and flooding would weigh on me also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2017, 09:58 AM
 
Location: South Padre Island, TX
2,459 posts, read 1,046,172 times
Reputation: 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Charleston has bigger deviations in winter. They get days with highs in the 40s and sometimes 30s despite the averages, where I doubt Santa Barbara hardly ever sees a high below 50
There are winter days with highs in the 40s/30s, yes, but those are a handful at most typically; there are plentiful other days in the 60s/70s. So in the end, warm weather can be seen in all 12 months of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2017, 11:36 AM
 
Location: I is where I is
1,922 posts, read 1,302,672 times
Reputation: 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Charleston has bigger deviations in winter. They get days with highs in the 40s and sometimes 30s despite the averages, where I doubt Santa Barbara hardly ever sees a high below 50
In SB, days in the 60's and nights in the 40's, not much difference

Again, enjoy the cold a$$ water that you have to wear a wetsuit year round to be in... No thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2017, 11:38 AM
 
Location: I is where I is
1,922 posts, read 1,302,672 times
Reputation: 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Its crappy humid weather, and gets very nippy in winter too. Enjoy....


That's not the only thing SB is superior on, just part....
You live in a fantasy world about Santa Barbara...

Sure, it's not bad to visit, but you make it out to be the 8th wonder of the world, when it's nothing special. Just another coastal California town with a boardwalk, homeless, and cold water
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2017, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Nashville TN, Cincinnati, OH
1,798 posts, read 980,701 times
Reputation: 2286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
You live in a fantasy world about Santa Barbara...

Sure, it's not bad to visit, but you make it out to be the 8th wonder of the world, when it's nothing special. Just another coastal California town with a boardwalk, homeless, and cold water
True it is great city but too expensive to live, more for visiting unless you are a multi millionaire retiree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2017, 01:50 PM
 
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
15,832 posts, read 5,411,672 times
Reputation: 4643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
True it is great city but too expensive to live, more for visiting unless you are a multi millionaire retiree.
I have an old boss who lives out there now, and went back to driving truck, and he isn't a millionaire.

The catch is that his family owned a house out there, and he bought a 25% share of it in order to live in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2017, 01:53 PM
 
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
15,832 posts, read 5,411,672 times
Reputation: 4643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
In SB, days in the 60's and nights in the 40's, not much difference

Again, enjoy the cold a$$ water that you have to wear a wetsuit year round to be in... No thanks
This last winter, Charleston's coldest high was 41, while Santa Barbara's coldest high was 55. I know which one I would rather experience (hint: I hate cold)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2017, 02:01 PM
 
Location: I is where I is
1,922 posts, read 1,302,672 times
Reputation: 2102
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
This last winter, Charleston's coldest high was 41, while Santa Barbara's coldest high was 55. I know which one I would rather experience (hint: I hate cold)
You're basing this off of the single "coldest" day. Overall, there isn't much difference
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2017, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
15,832 posts, read 5,411,672 times
Reputation: 4643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg10556 View Post
You're basing this off of the single "coldest" day. Overall, there isn't much difference
I couldn't handle the dewpoints in the 70's that Charleston averages in the summer, just gross
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top