U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 09:25 PM

194 posts, read 89,469 times

Advertisements

If you were a single male 34 years old, and had a choice to live between the DFW (Dallas Fort Worth Texas) or Colorado Springs? Which would you chose? I have a good job in Colorado Springs as a teacher, but some family wants me to move back to the DFW area. I once lived there for nearly 17 years until some of my family moved to Colorado Springs. I'm kind of baffled. My family doesn't live here, most of my friends moved or have been busy since they are married with kids. I want to be closer to my brother and I don't mind the DFW area. Just am kind of confused. Colorado Springs is a great area but don't know if I want to stay here forever. The views are great, I don't do marijuana, and the weather is awesome. But DFW maybe has better jobs? I'm in the educator sector as a high school math teacher. Kind of depressed without so many friends or family around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 09:58 PM

2,677 posts, read 1,677,913 times
Sounds like you miss your family. Move back. You followed them up here previously, so follow them back there now.

IMO, DFW vs Cos, is not a comparison. They are totally different in every way.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:49 AM

6,628 posts, read 12,126,541 times
Maybe you should consider making the move up I-25 to Denver. I've only been to Colorado Springs a few times, but every time I've been, it's felt like if someone isn't involved with the military, they're 70+ years old. If you're born & raised in the area, then I understand it's home (and you're right, the mountains nearby are gorgeous), but if you're an outsider who has moved to Colorado Springs without a real connection to the area, it's struck me as an area which may be tough to become accustomed to.

Denver is younger and more vibrant, and it's booming as far as jobs go. It's an easy place to like, and you'll have plenty to keep you occupied along with a lot of transplants who are discovering the city just like you. However if you're looking to be near your family, then definitely get back to DFW. No matter what, based on your post it sounds like you'd be best served if your time in Colorado Springs comes to an end. Time for a fresh start.

Old 07-22-2017, 02:40 AM

1,880 posts, read 1,004,977 times
There's a huge size difference between Colorado Springs and DFW. Denver is barely comparable to Dallas alone.

Old 07-22-2017, 05:29 PM

15,721 posts, read 3,131,823 times
I would choose the Metroplex.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:29 AM

6,628 posts, read 12,126,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
There's a huge size difference between Colorado Springs and DFW. Denver is barely comparable to Dallas alone.
Size-wise yes, but I'll take Denver over Dallas 10 times out of 10.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:32 AM

1,720 posts, read 695,725 times
DFW easy.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:27 AM

13,403 posts, read 20,312,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Size-wise yes, but I'll take Denver over Dallas 10 times out of 10.
Denver was never part of the thread until you brought it up.

Unless scenery and outdoor activities are a huge part of the equation, I don't see how Dallas isn't superior in every possible way.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:33 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,310,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys fan in Houston View Post
Denver was never part of the thread until you brought it up.

Unless scenery and outdoor activities are a huge part of the equation, I don't see how Dallas isn't superior in every possible way.
I agree with this post.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:30 AM

2,677 posts, read 1,677,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Educator1982 View Post
I'm kind of baffled. My family doesn't live here, most of my friends moved or have been busy since they are married with kids. I want to be closer to my brother and I don't mind the DFW area. Just am kind of confused. Colorado Springs is a great area but don't know if I want to stay here forever.

Core the issue is above whether it is in Cos, or Denver for that matter. The OP followed family to Cos, they left, his friends are bailing or changing their lives and they want to be closer to family. Decision is made, their fishing for confirmation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or