U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most satisfying new city if moving from a Tier 1 metro.
San Diego 50 26.32%
Jacksonville 6 3.16%
Tampa 7 3.68%
Nashville 19 10.00%
Kansas City 14 7.37%
Charlotte 11 5.79%
Austin 11 5.79%
Atlanta 51 26.84%
Indianapolis 7 3.68%
St. Louis 14 7.37%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 07:57 AM

9,839 posts, read 11,442,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
Does only CBRE make that decision? This is a brokerage firm BTW.

Once again, as a commercial real estate guy that works with CBRE, I find your faith amusing.
If you're a commercial real estate guy, then you should already know what cities are considered Gateway Cities in our industry. I only referenced that link because it actually gave a list for people not in this arena. You already know which cities are Tier 1 and this is understood globally in our industry.

What U.S. city would you, or your company, consider Tier 1 globally that isn't already listed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 08:01 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,275,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
So I take it you've never actually been to San Diego. If you think the bolded is even remotely true, you haven't - or you're lying again to further your anti-Atlanta agenda.

And yet more Ebck120 style 'Fake News.' More than 2 million people have moved here since the 90's, including over 90,000 in the last year alone. Atlanta knows how to market itself quite well, and always has. This is practically an industry here.

The only thing here not being an easy sell is yet another of your passive/aggressive back-handed insults of the place.
Come on. Give me some credit. Of course I've been to SD. Numerous times actually. How is it fake news when I just posed a question regarding marketing about popularity beyond people moving there for COL. You're insecurity in blinding you again. Don't you need to get back to the Philly thread and continue to bash that city?

Old 07-27-2017, 08:20 AM

29,946 posts, read 27,406,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
I specifically said "winning" and its not....and against a city half its size MSA that doesn't even spread out as much, as I said previously amongst cities below its tier. Atlanta not being an easy sell isn't new, I never understandwhy people act surprised. Do you ever think perhaps the city has a marketing problem or it's just not as popular besides cost of living?
LOL...the poll results would largely be the same if you replaced Atlanta with any other inland city except Chicago. You're reading entirely too much into this one poll.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
LOL...the poll results would largely be the same if you replaced Atlanta with any other inland city except Chicago. You're reading entirely too much into this one poll.
I don't really care. I'm just stating it's not the be all end all and actually losing (not #1) and being facetious with JMatl. He gets all riled up

Old 07-27-2017, 08:36 AM

5,296 posts, read 3,515,512 times
Quote:
Come on. Give me some credit. Of course I've been to SD. Numerous times actually.
Liars lose all credit and credibility. And to claim that San Diego doesn't 'spread out as much' is ridiculous, and anyone that has been to both knows it.

Quote:
How is it fake news when I just posed a question regarding marketing about popularity beyond people moving there for COL. You're insecurity in blinding you again.
No. Your insecurity about Atlanta has caused you to reach beyond reality in yet another attempt to discredit the place. It's becoming almost pathological at this point.

Quote:
Don't you need to get back to the Philly thread and continue to bash that city?
Wow, talk about insecure and thin-skinned! I never bashed Philly, is there a reading comprehension issue at play here? I didn't state anything that isn't true, and several locals agreed with me. More Fake News from you.

Has Ellerbe Becket brought Spicey into their D.C. PR department or something? You're not very good at this, maybe he can provide some pointers for you.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatl View Post
liars lose all credit and credibility. And to claim that san diego doesn't 'spread out as much' is ridiculous, and anyone that has been to both knows it.

No. Your insecurity about atlanta has caused you to reach beyond reality in yet another attempt to discredit the place. It's becoming almost pathological at this point.

Wow, talk about insecure and thin-skinned! I never bashed philly, is there a reading comprehension issue at play here? I didn't state anything that isn't true, and several locals agreed with me. More fake news from you.

Has ellerbe becket brought spicey into their d.c. Pr department or something? You're not very good at this, maybe he can provide some pointers for you.
Silly. Take a break, I'm not the only that said negative things about Atl on here... Let's stop with this one and continue onto the next thread Atlanta is included.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:08 AM

503 posts, read 332,129 times
Quote:
Come on. Give me some credit. Of course I've been to SD. Numerous times actually. How is it fake news when I just posed a question regarding marketing about popularity beyond people moving there for COL. You're insecurity in blinding you again. Don't you need to get back to the Philly thread and continue to bash that city?
You can't honestly believe that people are only moving to Atlanta for the sole purpose of having low cost of living lol

Old 07-27-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpier015 View Post
You can't honestly believe that people are only moving to Atlanta for the sole purpose of cost of living lol
Of course I don't but I think it plays a big part into moving there. Atlanta IMO doesn't have that strong of a draw/"cool" factor reminiscent of cities like SD which is why it's losing this poll even though it's double it's size.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:27 AM

494 posts, read 255,175 times
Quote:
Of course I don't but I think it plays a big part into moving there. Atlanta IMO doesn't have that strong of a draw/"cool" factor reminiscent of cities like SD which is why it's losing this poll even though it's double it's size.

Actually Atlanta has a very "cool" factor among certain groups such as African Americans, LGBT, etc. You're really not making yourself look very credible here by stating such obviously false comments. It may not be "mainstream cool" like Austin, Seattle and Denver but that's not stopping the exploding population growth now is it?

Old 07-27-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
Actually Atlanta has a very "cool" factor among certain groups such as African Americans, LGBT, etc. You're really not making yourself look very credible here by stating such obviously false comments. It may not be "mainstream cool" like Austin, Seattle and Denver but that's not stopping the exploding population growth now is it?
Didn't I just say it doesn't have as much of a cool factor as SD. I didn't say it didn't and that COL plays a bigger part in moving there, why don't you read more carefully before trying. Everything on paper; population, GDP, growth etc..would dictate Atlanta should be ahead but it's not hence SD having a stronger lure..

Quote:
Atlanta IMO doesn't have that strong of a draw/"cool" factor reminiscent of cities like SD which is why it's losing this poll even though it's double it's size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or