U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2017, 08:03 PM

76 posts, read 47,506 times

Advertisements

I really know not a lot about these 2 cities so I want to know about them and which is cooler I know Bend has NDU and Green Bay is loyal packer nation and I also know fairly similar locations. but I want to get in depth

-City Proper
-Local Cuisine
-Amenities
-Tourism (if any)
-economy
-Nightlife
-Housing Stock
-Prestige
-Music/Media/Film

I will not be adding a poll because I really don't think this thread needs one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 10:25 PM

3,626 posts, read 8,402,516 times
Give it some time, especially those who've visited both.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:37 PM

2,695 posts, read 1,023,593 times
In both cases the biggest thing going for it is a prominent football team with a stadium big enough to hold most of the town's inhabitants. But South Bend is more run-down, has a much bigger crime problem, and is in a less interesting part of the midwest. It's a pretty short trip from South Bend to Michigan's lake country but Green Bay is right at the doorstep of Wisconsin's lake country. If I had a gun to my head and were forced to pick one, it would be Green Bay every time.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:38 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,102,913 times
Green Bay is better IMO.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:40 PM
sub

502 posts, read 264,465 times
I could live in Green Bay, easily.
South Bend not so much.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:58 PM

3,171 posts, read 2,910,112 times
Tourism: I've never been to Green Bay but I lived in South Bend for 21 years growing up. I don't think it's a big tourist destination unless you are a Notre Dame fan or you are from the area and going back to visit.

Economy: My friends are all gainfully employed.

Local Cuisine: I can tell you that I've been gone since 1996. I lived in the DC area for 10 years and have lived in the south for 11 years. I had to have some Hacienda the last time I was in town (Mexican place only in the SB- Michiana area) and it lacked flavor/seasoning. I am getting ready to visit some HS friends of mine and I will avoid going to eat at Hacienda.

Nightlife: The bars close to the college are busy especially game day weekends.

Amenities: The East Race. I used to run along the east race when I was in HS.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:14 PM

52,737 posts, read 75,683,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
In both cases the biggest thing going for it is a prominent football team with a stadium big enough to hold most of the town's inhabitants. But South Bend is more run-down, has a much bigger crime problem, and is in a less interesting part of the midwest. It's a pretty short trip from South Bend to Michigan's lake country but Green Bay is right at the doorstep of Wisconsin's lake country. If I had a gun to my head and were forced to pick one, it would be Green Bay every time.
I guess on the other hand, South Bend isn't too far from Chicago and some nice Lake Michigan communities in MI. So, this may come down to proximity an urban center or outdoor amenities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or