Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Cincinnati or Dallas? Which city would you rather live in?
Cincinnati 87 48.07%
Dallas 94 51.93%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 12:48 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,876,066 times

Advertisements

Not a huge fan of either city but I will go with Dallas because it has more options. I used to live Cincinnati it is just okay for me, nothing special about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 12:53 PM

12,822 posts, read 9,541,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
Eh, Austin and Dallas are the most snobby and pretentious places in Texas by far. Houston is defiantly more laid back for sure.
austin people are laid back. You can wear jeans to most of the nicer restaurants. Dallasites dress up and are certainly trendier. Though Dallas has a heavy Affliction crowd.

Old 09-07-2017, 01:04 PM

254 posts, read 257,161 times
I think I would pick Dallas, but I've never been to Cincinnati. I don't know about anyone else, but the only place I hear positives things about Cincinnati is on city-data, I don't think I know anyone who has spent time there. I would like to check it out if I ever find myself in that part of Ohio.

Old 09-07-2017, 02:19 PM

2,134 posts, read 2,115,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
austin people are laid back. You can wear jeans to most of the nicer restaurants. Dallasites dress up and are certainly trendier. Though Dallas has a heavy Affliction crowd.
Not so much anymore. If anything, Dallas has gotten more laid back. Bars and clubs that attempt to go all high end haven't been working out lately. Austin is laid back in a conformist way, not on a live and let live basis. If Cincy is anything like Cleveland, Columbus, or even Pittsburgh, then it's probably more roll out of bed and throw on a sweatshirt.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:27 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,298,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTXman34 View Post
Not so much anymore. If anything, Dallas has gotten more laid back. Bars and clubs that attempt to go all high end haven't been working out lately. Austin is laid back in a conformist way, not on a live and let live basis. If Cincy is anything like Cleveland, Columbus, or even Pittsburgh, then it's probably more roll out of bed and throw on a sweatshirt.
That sweatshirt better say Ohio State on it in Columbus!

Old 09-08-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
LOL Austin is the epitome of live and let live. They flat don't care what you do.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:15 AM

2,134 posts, read 2,115,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
LOL Austin is the epitome of live and let live. They flat don't care what you do.
Neither does Dallas. But you wouldn't know, because you don't live here.

And I know plenty of judgmental Austinites.

Anyways, this is about Cincinnati vs. Dallas. With that said, Cincy's more insular and provincial vibe would lead me to believe you'd run into more small town gossip than what you find in transplant-saturated Dallas.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Neither does Dallas. But you wouldn't know, because you don't live here.

And I know plenty of judgmental Austinites.

Anyways, this is about Cincinnati vs. Dallas. With that said, Cincy's more insular and provincial vibe would lead me to believe you'd run into more small town gossip than what you find in transplant-saturated Dallas.
You were the one that brought up Austin earlier. This is hysterical.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:13 AM

3 posts, read 2,386 times
Default Cincinnati vs Dallas

I've lived in Cincinnati for 16 years. I've been travelling to Dallas for work for over 3 years. I've decided to relocate to Dallas. Here's my objective review of both cities.

Some parts of Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky are more scenic and architecturally wonderful. Some parts of Northern Kentucky look like quaint European towns. But it's very small section, not big enough to define a lifestyle. It has a lot of blighted neighborhoods, where crime rate is very high. Dallas is a thriving metropolis that is growing every year. A lot of top companies are moving to Dallas.

Dallas has a growing economy. Cincinnati has a shrinking economy.

Dallas has better public school system.

Dallas has better nightlife that you can tailor based on your age, race, ethnicity, sexual preference. In Cincy, white folks with Irish/German heritage can really feel at home. Not so much for the rest.

Dallas doesn't have a heroin epidemic.

Dallas has lower crime rate.

Dallas has better weather. Cincinnati is overcast with light rain most of the time. It's become like a $@#$ rain forest here. It doesn't have 4 seasons, just one - monsoon. It's actually VERY depressing!!

Dallas has more open-minded people.You find more well-educated, well-put-together people in Dallas than in Cincy. In Cincinnati, people show up to work like they crawled out of bed.

Dallas has far more upscale neighborhoods than Cincinnati.

Cost of living is better in Cincinnati .. but I guess it's because there isn't a lot much to do in comparison to Dallas.

No state tax in Dallas.

Cincinnati people are very cliquish based on the high school they attended. Very weird.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:37 AM

1,982 posts, read 2,088,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigand View Post
I've lived in Cincinnati for 16 years. I've been travelling to Dallas for work for over 3 years. I've decided to relocate to Dallas. Here's my objective review of both cities.

Some parts of Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky are more scenic and architecturally wonderful. Some parts of Northern Kentucky look like quaint European towns. But it's very small section, not big enough to define a lifestyle. It has a lot of blighted neighborhoods, where crime rate is very high. Dallas is a thriving metropolis that is growing every year. A lot of top companies are moving to Dallas.

Dallas has a growing economy. Cincinnati has a shrinking economy.

Dallas has better public school system.

Dallas has better nightlife that you can tailor based on your age, race, ethnicity, sexual preference. In Cincy, white folks with Irish/German heritage can really feel at home. Not so much for the rest.

Dallas doesn't have a heroin epidemic.

Dallas has lower crime rate.

Dallas has better weather. Cincinnati is overcast with light rain most of the time. It's become like a $@#$ rain forest here. It doesn't have 4 seasons, just one - monsoon. It's actually VERY depressing!!

Dallas has more open-minded people.You find more well-educated, well-put-together people in Dallas than in Cincy. In Cincinnati, people show up to work like they crawled out of bed.

Dallas has far more upscale neighborhoods than Cincinnati.

Cost of living is better in Cincinnati .. but I guess it's because there isn't a lot much to do in comparison to Dallas.

No state tax in Dallas.

Cincinnati people are very cliquish based on the high school they attended. Very weird.
On the topic of taxes, do you feel you are paying more taxes in DFW than in Cincinnati, because of the property tax, or are you paying less now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City