U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 05:44 PM

2,183 posts, read 1,255,842 times

Advertisements

Like the thread says...which one out of these cities is the most power driven, meaning love for money, status...

Last edited by JMT; 08-03-2017 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: Discussing moderator actions is against the TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 05:58 PM

391 posts, read 651,094 times
All fricking three...., but DC is the worst!

Old 08-03-2017, 06:31 PM

5,059 posts, read 3,477,383 times
NYC. Home of Wall Street. But LA is not far behind. Many many people move to LA to "get famous and make money", and want to live in the hills. Don't agree with DC at all. It is a wealthy city, but you don't necessarily go there with the goal to make millions. I'd say Miami and San Francisco are more "power driven" than DC is.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:36 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
3,458 posts, read 3,000,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
NYC. Home of Wall Street. But LA is not far behind. Many many people move to LA to "get famous and make money", and want to live in the hills. Don't agree with DC at all. It is a wealthy city, but you don't necessarily go there with the goal to make millions. I'd say Miami and San Francisco are more "power driven" than DC is.
Not millions (how many do?) but if you're looking to advance your career to one of the highest pay scale cities, DC maybe first on the list ahead of NYC and LA.

When it comes to wages and highest income DC is rivaled by SF and in some fields NYC or maybe Boston. That's about it, LA is not even in the picture of those with regards to making the most income.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:37 PM

1,415 posts, read 676,319 times
I think status and power would be DC. Love for money is everywhere. Obviously, when you have the largest population, you have the most people "loving" money. That love is certainly not exclusive to NYC or LA, though.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Not millions (how many do?) but if you're looking to advance your career to one of the highest pay scale cities, DC maybe first on the list ahead of NYC and LA.

When it comes to wages and highest income DC is rivaled by SF and in some fields NYC or maybe Boston. That's about it, LA is not even in the picture of those with regards to making the most income.
Eh, I don't agree. I don't think DC is that money driven. Status I can understand, but not money. Power driven only in politics.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Eh, I don't agree. I don't think DC is that money driven. Status I can understand, but not money. Power driven only in politics.
There are many people who live in and around DC that are well off, love money, and not involved in politics, not sure why you have that impression. Maybe too much watching of the tube?

Old 08-03-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
I think status and power would be DC. Love for money is everywhere. Obviously, when you have the largest population, you have the most people "loving" money. That love is certainly not exclusive to NYC or LA, though.
Wholeheartedly agree with this.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
There are many people who live in and around DC that are well off, love money, and not involved in politics, not sure why you have that impression. Maybe too much watching of the tube?
No I didn't get it from "the tube" or whatever. I used to live there, and I didn't see it the way you do. DC's not #1 or #2 to me. Not 3 or 4 either. Oh well.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:11 PM

256 posts, read 144,118 times
Money: NYC
Power: DC

Not to say that all, or even most, who move to these areas are this way, but if I had to pick a U.S. city for each of those categories those would be the three. Not that it's a bad thing to seek success though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or