U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is headed towards being the king of Suburban mega-regions?
Orange County 41 52.56%
NOVA 37 47.44%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 07:12 PM

15,404 posts, read 24,380,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
^^^^^
Roots for the SF 49ers of San Jose/Santa Clara, makes fun of the LA Angels of Anahiem.

Comical
I don't try to pretend Santa Clara would have that team w/o SF unlike your delusions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 07:48 PM

815 posts, read 663,422 times
It's peculiar that Wizard keeps commenting about how good-looking the people of Orange Coutny are. From an East Coast perspective, they look kinda trashy. The bueatiful people of the DMV are more sophisticated looking. To me that's sexier than highlights and fake boobs.

That being said, I can see how OC would be more desirable to more prople than NoVa (even though most on this coast probably think that Orange County is in Florida).

Old 08-11-2017, 07:51 PM

1,876 posts, read 1,913,351 times
Quote:
And OC is a lot less economically dependent on LA than NoVa is on DC. OC gets nearly as many commuters from LA county as it gives. Silicon Valley and OC are pretty much the only suburban areas in the country that are not very dependent on the Alpha city of their regions.
Nova is the largest employment base in the area.... and people in OC are not that hot... people in NYC are hotter imo but it's subjective isn't it? Shallow much? OC is nice but Nova is also nice. We can pull the whole OC and Housewives card to note how shallow and superficial the area is if you'd like?

Old 08-11-2017, 07:53 PM

3,438 posts, read 2,244,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
It's peculiar that Wizard keeps commenting about how good-looking the people of Orange Coutny are. From an East Coast perspective, they look kinda trashy. The bueatiful people of the DMV are more sophisticated looking. To me that's sexier than highlights and fake boobs.

That being said, I can see how OC would be more desirable to more prople than NoVa (even though most on this coast probably think that Orange County is in Florida).
The best looking people live where the fashion and entertainment industries are located.

That's why the best looking people live in LA/OC and NYC. Sorry but good looking people do not flock to NoVa or DC.

Good looking people want to work their industry, and live in the big city or lay on the beach. Not hang around the suburbs of the nation's Capitol.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:57 PM

3,438 posts, read 2,244,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I don't try to pretend Santa Clara would have that team w/o SF unlike your delusions.
And yet Santa Clara manged to have a team, with out SF. Most of the fans and corporations affiliated with the 9ers are not in SF.

No one in the city of LA roots for the Angels or Ducks. Nor do any businesses in LA work with them. That's entirely an OC media market, and has nothing to do with the city of LA.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:42 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
3,458 posts, read 2,998,808 times
Quote:
And what would NoVa be with out DC? It would be just be a giant historical plantation site. So I am not exactly sure what you are getting at. And OC is a lot less economically dependent on LA than NoVa is on DC. OC gets nearly as many commuters from LA county as it gives. Silicon Valley and OC are pretty much the only suburban areas in the country that are not very dependent on the Alpha city of their regions.

Either way, it is the most fully loaded suburban area in the country

The best looking people in the world, top tier university, amazing weather, great beaches, mountains, low crime.

NoVa is a nice enough place, but it can't hold a candle to OC. OC is where wealthy plutocrats move to, AFTER having to live/work in the DC metro.

NoVa is really generic and not any different than say, suburban philly, chicago, long island, etc.
Definitely stuck in the bubble there, not to mention completely uneducated on NOVA.

First of all the best looking people in the world, don't even live in the US that title would go to some foreign country somewhere like Brazil or Spain or even South Africa etc. Too many surged up faces with fake butts and fake boobs to say the best in the world. OC isn't known for having naturally beautiful black women at least from my experience like the South or East Coast. So take that point with a grain of salt.

Second Tysons Corner alone is the 12th largest business district in the country, and larger than any single business district in OC while growing larger. There was already a thread about Tysons vs Seattle in 20 years and which would be the bigger business district. This doesn't even include 4 or 5 other major business districts throughout NOVA, and the DC metro area has more office space than anywhere in the country outside of NY metro. NOVA's traffic practically rivals LA's due to the fact of it being such a focused place for business outside of DC.

In some small sense NOVA is too the alpha of maybe the entire Washington-Baltimore region, with regards to business having the most Fortune 500's, two major airports, the largest population, shopping probably on par with the rest of the metro combined, the tallest skyscrapers etc. Now the core city's themselves have other factors that make them alphas too of the region like sports teams, museums etc, but that is another category, NOVA holds its own in others.

I think another poster said it best, once you get off of that coastline in OC the deeper you go in those suburbs are pretty generic as the rest of American suburbs look too.

Last edited by the resident09; 08-11-2017 at 09:02 PM..

Old 08-11-2017, 08:50 PM

27,725 posts, read 24,748,456 times
Quote:
And what would NoVa be with out DC? It would be just be a giant historical plantation site. So I am not exactly sure what you are getting at.
What I'm getting at is that both areas are suburban enclaves that largely owe their wealth and prominence to the presence of the region's principal city. That's not so hard to understand, is it?

Old 08-11-2017, 09:11 PM

2,058 posts, read 1,086,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poquoson7 View Post
A question mark and exclamation point does not illustrate "upset" in my world. Your statement that OC had less suburban sprawl than NOVA pretty much floored me with it's cluelessness, that was the reason for my ?!

I have no horse in the race between OC and NOVA but I do react to ridiculous observations.
Oh shove it

Old 08-11-2017, 09:19 PM

15,404 posts, read 24,380,612 times
Quote:
And yet Santa Clara manged to have a team, with out SF. Most of the fans and corporations affiliated with the 9ers are not in SF.

No one in the city of LA roots for the Angels or Ducks. Nor do any businesses in LA work with them. That's entirely an OC media market, and has nothing to do with the city of LA.
Uh no they changed their name to market as an LA team and expand their reach.

Old 08-11-2017, 09:29 PM

860 posts, read 468,304 times
Quote:
The best looking people live where the fashion and entertainment industries are located.

That's why the best looking people live in LA/OC and NYC. Sorry but good looking people do not flock to NoVa or DC.

Good looking people want to work their industry, and live in the big city or lay on the beach. Not hang around the suburbs of the nation's Capitol.
Miami says hello. And beauty is subjective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City