U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Overall best foodie location?
Atlanta (Greater Atlanta) 14 15.91%
Dallas (Greater Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex) 2 2.27%
Houston (Greater Houston) 43 48.86%
Miami (Greater Miami/Fort Lauderdale) 9 10.23%
Washington D.C. (Greater Washington D.C.) 20 22.73%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 02:39 PM

18,236 posts, read 25,935,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
wow, you're just a doll, especially considering you just said the below about Atlanta, you turn into a hypocrite and do the same to Miami.

Back on the topic of food, I always thought Dallas was really famous for it's BBQ? I don't have first hand experience but it's something I always heard.
It's known for it but I don't know about famous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2017, 02:50 PM

77 posts, read 32,922 times
Quote:
wow, you're just a doll, especially considering you just said the below about Atlanta, you turn into a hypocrite and do the same to Miami.

Back on the topic of food, I always thought Dallas was really famous for it's BBQ? I don't have first hand experience but it's something I always heard.
Fort Worth in the Dallas area definitely.

I think overall, all of Texas has good BBQ but it's central Texas, particularly Austin, that's most famous for their BBQ. I know they're a tourist trap but Franklins had the best brisket I ever tried. Too bad the line to get in is so atrocious.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:44 PM

20,950 posts, read 32,935,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve87 View Post
Envy just hurts the jealous individual.

#pathetic
Sorry you don't have the imagination to come up with a better epithet than that.
Hashtags are dated and lame there days; thought you knew.

Last edited by Iconographer; 08-14-2017 at 03:56 PM..

Old 08-14-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
wow, you're just a doll, especially considering you just said the below about Atlanta, you turn into a hypocrite and do the same to Miami..
Because I lived there, and know what a hellhole it really is.

Quote:
Well, then, chat away based on your own complete lack of experience.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Sorry you don't don't have the imagination to come up with a better epithet than that.
Hashtags are dated and lame there days; thought you knew.
I don't know anything about you - except your insecurity over Atlanta and your jealousy towards Miami - so I can't insult you more creatively.

I'm just commenting on what I read, it was pathetic. But do continue. It's somewhat amusing.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:53 PM

1,876 posts, read 1,916,870 times
Quote:
Because I lived there, and know what a hellhole it really is.

Well, then, chat away based on your own complete lack of experience.
I lived in Atlanta before... it was the worst of the places I've lived in. Your point? Come again? It looks as though you're transitioning from insecure to offended to now just bitter. What a ride.. thanks for proving the point earlier about Atl homers.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve87 View Post
I don't know anything about you - except your insecurity over Atlanta and your jealousy towards Miami - so I can't insult you more creatively.

I'm just commenting on what I read, it was pathetic. But do continue. It's somewhat amusing.
I'm sure it is amusing to those of you in the wading pool.
Jealousy over Miami? Gross. That's like being jealous over a fat combover with hair on his back.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
I lived in Atlanta before... it was the worst of the places I've lived in. Your point? Come again? It looks as though you're transitioning from insecure to offended to now just bitter. What a ride.. thanks for proving the point earlier about Atl homers.
Meanwhile, enjoy that Dallas BBQ that you've never actually enjoyed in Mama's basement.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:06 PM

1,876 posts, read 1,916,870 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, enjoy that Dallas BBQ that you've never actually enjoyed in Mama's basement.
You live in Atlanta and complain about it not getting it's fair shake yet bash the hell out of Miami.... you're no peach at this point. Your insults and insecurity are written all over this thread, thanks for making it public. And in my original post regarding Dalllas BBQ, there was a question mark meaning I'm asking a question.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Completely off topic but I also lived in Atlanta. I'm not going to say it's the worst place I ever lived but I feel Miami is the "sexier" and more exciting city. To use cars as an example, Miami is an Lamborghini and Atlanta is a Toyota.

Miami has it's problems, one of them is high paying jobs (the lack of them) in relation to COL. This is a city for entrepreneurs or people who made their money in other cities. 9-5 guys here are squeezed dry.

Let's not pretend that there isn't a lot of racism to people who hate Miami. A lot of white people don't like living in a Latin dominated city even if those Hispanics are white themselves. They complain and move to Broward or out of South Florida altogether.

But anyways back on topic. Atlanta has a 'decent' food scene but doesn't shine in any one category. Miami does Latin/European cuisines better, DC does African cuisines better and Houston does Desi/East Asian better. Which is why I left Atlanta off my original comparison.

My guess is this Atlanta booster hasn't sampled enough restaurants in these cities to be lobbing spitballs or even voting. But, what can one do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or