U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-22-2017, 09:30 AM
 
Location: Nashville TN, Cincinnati, OH
1,798 posts, read 978,332 times
Reputation: 2286

Advertisements

They both have NFL teams that is about all I can think of for similarities. Depends if you prefer hot or cold weather.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-22-2017, 12:10 PM
 
52,639 posts, read 75,477,928 times
Reputation: 11627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
They both have NFL teams that is about all I can think of for similarities. Depends if you prefer hot or cold weather.
Or if you like hot weather vs. 4 seasons. One is more uniform in that regard than the other.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2017, 05:46 PM
 
702 posts, read 1,114,484 times
Reputation: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Or if you like hot weather vs. 4 seasons. One is more uniform in that regard than the other.
There's plenty of days where Jacksonville gets cold in the winter. A few weeks in the 40s and even below freezing is not uncommon at all. It gets a lot more weather/temperature variation than people would think.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2017, 06:23 PM
 
Location: PVB
2,388 posts, read 1,210,155 times
Reputation: 2765
Chik-Fil-a is nothing special. Its just a chicken sandwich. We have one 5 minutes away and they sent me a coupon for a free sandwich and I didn't even bother.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2017, 07:25 PM
 
Location: Niagara county
2,729 posts, read 4,437,226 times
Reputation: 1863
Weather has decent this year here. A lot like Florida. Rains then the sun comes out. So there!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2017, 12:06 PM
 
Location: PVB
2,388 posts, read 1,210,155 times
Reputation: 2765
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
Weather has decent this year here. A lot like Florida. Rains then the sun comes out. So there!!!
Lets compare in 4 months

It gratifying to see Buffalo's renaissance after decades of decline. I read the Buffalo News Online everyday. Now if only the Bills make the playoffs and they get a new Stadium you will really have something.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2017, 07:08 PM
 
Location: Niagara county
2,729 posts, read 4,437,226 times
Reputation: 1863
And Jacksonville jags will be relocating one day.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2017, 08:24 PM
 
Location: Heart of Dixie
627 posts, read 310,457 times
Reputation: 1033
An update on the affluence of these metros as of 2016. Jacksonville has 30.7% of residents with bachelor's degrees, to Buffalo's 31.5%. Jacksonville edges out Buffalo with a MHI of $56,840 vs. $53,487. However, Buffalo slides past Jacksonville in per capita income, with $30,777 to $30,377. Lastly, the Median Family income is $68,797 in Jacksonville as compared to $72,354 for Buffalo. Both are very similar in terms of affluence today, with a slight overall edge to Buffalo.
Percent Change 2007-2016 Bachelor's Degrees:
Jacksonville 12.5%
Buffalo 11.5%
Percent Change MHI 2007-2016)
Jacksonville 13.7%
Buffalo 16.8%
Percent Change Median Family Income 2007-2016
Jacksonville 12.8%
Buffalo 17.6%
Jacksonville has attracted educated individuals slight more, but Buffalo's incomes have grown faster.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2017, 08:28 PM
 
52,639 posts, read 75,477,928 times
Reputation: 11627
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjoseph View Post
An update on the affluence of these metros as of 2016. Jacksonville has 30.7% of residents with bachelor's degrees, to Buffalo's 31.5%. Jacksonville edges out Buffalo with a MHI of $56,840 vs. $53,487. However, Buffalo slides past Jacksonville in per capita income, with $30,777 to $30,377. Lastly, the Median Family income is $68,797 in Jacksonville as compared to $72,354 for Buffalo. Both are very similar in terms of affluence today, with a slight overall edge to Buffalo.
Percent Change 2007-2016 Bachelor's Degrees:
Jacksonville 12.5%
Buffalo 11.5%
Percent Change MHI 2007-2016)
Jacksonville 13.7%
Buffalo 16.8%
Percent Change Median Family Income 2007-2016
Jacksonville 12.8%
Buffalo 17.6%
Jacksonville has attracted educated individuals slight more, but Buffalo's incomes have grown faster.
Here is some cost of living information based upon Regional Price Parities from the Bureau of Economic Analysis as well: https://www.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cf...29=104&7090=70 So, based upon this, Buffalo's COL is lower.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top