U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is the best?
Dallas 56 27.59%
Minneapolis 75 36.95%
St. Louis 14 6.90%
Atlanta 58 28.57%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 01:36 AM
Status: "Soon I'll hear old winter's song.." (set 23 days ago)

5,397 posts, read 2,862,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
Yes I've been to Minneapolis in fact for work like 5x over the last two years. Unless you want to say "its great" because you're a native regards to weather, it's not. It's compared IMHO to Morristown, NJ where winters are miserable and spring stinks.

Compared to Denver or Los Angeles? LOL Dallas beats you out in Winter without a doubt. And in NJ you could sled in January but it sucks otherwise. Nobody goes Ice Fishing - that's a Canadian sport.

You can't deny winters are long and springs are fast. Hence why I say Dallas rules for sanity sake.

What is there to do in Dallas in winter? Nothing. Actually Dallas sucks for the outdoors in general. I like Dallas don't get me wrong but the scenery sucks. Might as well be Kansas but Kansas is actually prettier. Our winters are awesome, sorry you're a freeze baby

And ice fishing isn't a Canadian sport anymore than hockey is. Its a NORTHERN thing. Go rope a cow or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 02:04 AM
Status: "Soon I'll hear old winter's song.." (set 23 days ago)

5,397 posts, read 2,862,911 times
While I would still pick Minneapolis (sorry, biased, I love Minnesota) I wanna visit St. Louis as I've never been and I need to revisit Atlanta and actually spend time there. I liked Atlanta the few times I've seen it. Its scenery I'd rank at 2nd place. One thing I love about the Twin Cities is the abundance of waterfalls that are inside city limits and outside as well. Does Atlanta have waterfalls? I know there's some notable ones in north Georgia but are there any in the city or metro area?

Dallas is just pitiful in water scenery. It takes a flood for the Trinity River to look nice. St. Louis at least has the Mississippi River.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:05 PM

2,893 posts, read 4,213,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Does Atlanta have waterfalls? I know there's some notable ones in north Georgia but are there any in the city or metro area?
Yes. Nothing very tall but still beautiful.

https://www.atlantatrails.com/atlant...-top-10-hikes/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or