U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is the best?
Dallas 56 27.59%
Minneapolis 75 36.95%
St. Louis 14 6.90%
Atlanta 58 28.57%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2017, 10:52 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,336,466 times

Advertisements

Which city is the most attractive to move to?

People friendliness:
Thriving neighborhoods:
Economy:
Scenery:
Crime:
Food:
Cleanliness:
Overall best:
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 11:03 PM

15,679 posts, read 3,112,310 times
Dallas get my vote.I find the people to be friendly there.The economy is good and diversified.Scenery is not the best but I still like it okay.Dallas get my vote for food too because it has Krispy Kreme,Braums,Waffle House,Pappas restaurants like Pappadeaux's and Pappasito's.Obviously, Atlanta has Waffle House too.I also like that it has cheddars.I dont know how clean it is but it seemed okay.Your mileage may vary.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:54 PM

1,015 posts, read 738,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
People friendliness: Dallas or Atlanta
Thriving neighborhoods: Minneapolis
Economy: Dallas and Minneapolis
Scenery: Minneapolis and Atlanta
Crime: All of these cities have above avg crime, but St. Louis is by far the worst
Food: They each have some strengths, but overall this is a tie. None of these are a top tier food city.
Cleanliness: Minneapolis
Overall best: St. Louis is probably last, but for the other 3 it depends on your situation. Hate cold weather? That's going to drop Minneapolis. Work in finance? That's going to boost Dallas. Middle Class African American? Atlanta is most likely the top choice.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:57 PM

1,709 posts, read 691,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
People friendliness: Dallas or Atlanta
Thriving neighborhoods: Minneapolis
Economy: Dallas and Minneapolis
Scenery: Minneapolis and Atlanta
Crime: All of these cities have above avg crime, but St. Louis is by far the worst
Food: They each have some strengths, but overall this is a tie. None of these are a top tier food city.
Overall best: St. Louis is probably last, but for the other 3 it depends on your situation. Hate cold weather? That's going to drop Minneapolis. Work in finance? That's going to boost Dallas. Middle Class African American? Atlanta is most likely the top choice.
Seems pretty on point.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:18 AM

5,469 posts, read 5,774,125 times
Oh did you just set this one up for Minny? :P

People friendliness: Dallas and Atlanta people are overall very friendly. Beats Minnesota nice.
Thriving neighborhoods: All four have them. Dallas and Atlanta I think have more overall.
Economy: Minneapolis, Dallas, Atlanta, STL. I put Minneapolis first because jobs pay extremely well and it's an overall low cost area. MPLS credit scores are the best in the nation. Lots of discretionary money floating around and not much corporate or private welfare compared to the others. It is the richest city of the four both in terms of median household income and per capita income. Atlanta is a somewhat distant second.
Scenery: Hands down, MPLS
Crime: Hands down, MPLS
Food: Dallas
Cleanliness: Again, no contest. MPLS is ranked globally for its cleanliness.
Overall best: Minneapolis. Honorable mention: Dallas.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:17 AM

2,058 posts, read 1,086,993 times
People Friendliness: Minneapolis
Thriving Neighborhoods: Atlanta, and Minneapolis
Economy: 3 way tie any but STL
scenery: Atlanta
Crime: Minneapolis
Food: Dallas
Overall Best: Minneapolis, Atlanta. Minneapolis wins based on this criteria. Personally I'd probably chose Atlanta though because I prefer the climate, hilly scenery and their job market has more stuff in my field. I also have to say STL doesn't have a chance in this competition.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:52 AM

5,223 posts, read 5,575,414 times
People friendliness: I am going to have to go with St. Louis on this one. I guess I've had the most experience in St. Louis. Minneapolis was friendly too. Dallas seemed to be extremely business and status oriented population that wasn't necessarily unfriendly but not what I expected from Texas. Atlanta doesn't do it for me.

Thriving neighborhoods: I love the variety that St. Louis has. I haven't had that much experience in exploring Minneapolis neighborhoods outside of Downtown, but I've heard great things about the city. Dallas and Atlanta has nice areas but there isn't much charm or anything. There isn't anything unique that set them apart like the Hill, Dogtown, Tower Grove, The Grove, Lafayette Sq and Soulard in St. Louis.

Economy: I would think Dallas and or Minneapolis

Scenery: Atlanta.

Crime: All are pretty good all around except St. Louis. The state of Missouri is horrible, St. Louis as a city is always going to be in the top 10 due to jurisdiction boundaries. But there again plenty of safe options available in the St. Louis area. All at the MSA level are all pretty decent.

Food: Not impressed with Waffle Houses and any type of chains. I am going to say St. Louis due to the number of Bar B Q, burger joints, frozen custard and soul food places. Not to mention the number of phenomenal Italian eateries. There is definitely a local culinary scene in St. Louis that I haven't experienced in the other cities listed.

Cleanliness: I wouldn't consider either one dirty. I would go for Minneapolis because its new and clean. Atlanta seemed dirty for the last 10 years for some reason.

Overall best: Minneapolis seems to be the new up and coming city that actually feels city-fied. I do love living in St. Louis as well. Dallas is pretty cool to. I wouldn't mind living there either. I guess it depends upon the mood i am in. Atlanta hasn't done it for me since the 2000's.

Last edited by mjtinmemphis; 09-01-2017 at 09:00 AM..

Old 09-01-2017, 09:15 AM

27,739 posts, read 24,748,456 times
Atlanta would be my #1 choice, followed by Dallas. Minneapolis would be an easy #3 for me if it weren't so cold, but I'd probably still pick it over St. Louis.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:43 AM

1,706 posts, read 946,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
Dallas get my vote.I find the people to be friendly there.The economy is good and diversified.Scenery is not the best but I still like it okay.Dallas get my vote for food too because it has Krispy Kreme,Braums,Waffle House,Pappas restaurants like Pappadeaux's and Pappasito's.Obviously, Atlanta has Waffle House too.I also like that it has cheddars.I dont know how clean it is but it seemed okay.Your mileage may vary.
I agree. Dallas FTW.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:49 AM

3,626 posts, read 8,390,854 times

People friendliness: Atlanta, St.Louis
Thriving neighborhoods: Minneapolis, Atlanta
Economy: Atlanta, Minneapolis
Scenery: Atlanta, Minneapolis
Crime: St. Louis has the most crime
Food: Atlanta
Overall best: Minneapolis, Atlanta...

Haven't been to Dallas....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or