Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 10:02 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,385,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post
Ah, so you show even more of your true self. You're not above it at all or balanced in your thoughts, so quit with that act. You show your bias just by the lengths you are going to try to discredit my thoughts about El Paso.

Again, none of this would've happened had you not attacked me first. I said nothing to you until responding to your attack post immediately after my second post to this thread above. (You pointed to it and everything!) It's as plain as day and anybody who reads the thread can follow the chain of events.
the fact that you think that it's a personal attack and you keep going on as if it's some kind of a war and to wanting to come out on top is all that one needs to look at. Continue and you will lock the thread.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 10:13 PM

1,741 posts, read 2,625,801 times
It is a personal attack. You said untrue things about me and characterized me as somebody who had a bad reputation on the forum. All because you couldn't handle my thoughts on El Paso. This is apparently a grudge you've held against me since the other thread.

Old 10-28-2017, 10:27 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,385,490 times
sEXACTLY, proves I was right! This guy can't let go putting down ELP! Must really hate it and he surely loves ABQ but he's not biased at all! He had a long war of words on this forum with another member where they would go on and on and on and now he's itching for more and wants to grind it in! Now he will claim personal attack LOL.

I am not about to put down ABQ but you members that are interested can search ABQ crime, education, poverty etc . But wait, ABQ can only be great so anything your read must be false!

Last edited by WildWestDude; 10-28-2017 at 10:36 PM..

Old 10-28-2017, 10:49 PM

Your mischaracterizations of me continue. You seem to be obsessed with me.

I responded to attacks on me and Albuquerque from a previously banned troll in that other thread. He was subsequently banned two more times after making no less than six more accounts during the course of attempting to trash me and Albuquerque in that thread.

If you aren't biased and so even-handed then why aren't you going after the poster now trashing Albuquerque in this thread?

I will continue to reply to counter his and anybody else's attacks and lies against Albuquerque.

Old 10-29-2017, 09:38 AM

111 posts, read 176,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
s

EXACTLY, proves I was right! This guy can't let go putting down ELP! Must really hate it and he surely loves ABQ but he's not biased at all! He had a long war of words on this forum with another member where they would go on and on and on and now he's itching for more and wants to grind it in! Now he will claim personal attack LOL.

I am not about to put down ABQ but you members that are interested can search ABQ crime, education, poverty etc . But wait, ABQ can only be great so anything your read must be false!
Haha poor albq is heading that way. You all pretty much lost intel, sandia labs and Kirtland are getting cuts every year with rumors that Holloman might shut Kirtland down. You lost Northrop Grumman. And companies refuse to move there die to it's reputation. Amazon has pretty much ruled at hq2 in albq. And when it comes to poverty and weight albq is usually top 5 lol nice try

Old 10-29-2017, 02:42 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,447,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post
New Mexico may have a state income tax but Texas and El Paso have extremely high property taxes. You'd be a fool to think you will avoid taxes any place in the United States. Governments need money to run and they will get it somehow.
Don't forget that most of the tax money will go to the three major metro areas in the eastern part of Texas after they are collected in Austin. You may see only pennies on the dollar being spent on El Paso by the state compared to whole dollars in Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. The far western part of Texas is treated like Illinois outside of Chicagoland, much forgotten.

Old 10-29-2017, 03:07 PM

I see lying is an El Paso booster's trademark.

Northrop Grumman hasn't gone anywhere:

Jobs | Albuquerque | northropgrumman.com

Raytheon just opened its expansion in Albuquerque, bringing 60 more jobs:

Raytheon Opens New Engineering Facility In Albuquerque | PR Newswire

Kirtland isn't going anywhere and has not received any cuts. Holloman has no bearing at all in what happens at Kirtland, so I don't know from where you pulled that out of. Kirtland is responsible for the nation's nuclear arsenal and home to some of the most important Air Force institutions, including the Air Force Reasearch Laboratory, which recently expanded its reach beyond base to Downtown Albuquerque's tech and innovation hub Innovate ABQ:

Innovate ABQ's UNM Lobo Rainforest Building To House Air Force Research Laboratory | Albuquerque Business First

Innovate ABQ has also recently attracted an office from General Atomics of San Diego:

General Atomics Setting Up Shop At Lobo Rainforest | Albuquerque Journal

Sandia National Labs is run by a contract the federal government awards every few years and which is always bid on by some of the top universities and companies in the country. The University of California along with Lockheed Martin just recently ran it. Honeywell and Northrop Grumman won the current $2.6 billion contract to run it last year and will get assistance from UNM. (What were you saying about UNM and Northrop Grumman again?) 19 groups vied to run it this time, including such companies as Boeing and Lockheed Martin along with universities like Purdue and Texas A&M. Sandia National Labs employs over 9,500 people and has an annual budget of $2.9 billion.

Sandia National Laboratories Contract Awarded UNM Will Play A Role | Albuquerque Journal

Facebook is currently employing over 1,000 construction workers to build its massive data center in Los Lunas. Facebook will invest more than $1.5 billion in the Albuquerque metro for this project:

Facebook Data Center Construction Ramps Up | Albuquerque Journal

Intel is indeed reduced, but still running with about 1,700 employees currently in Rio Rancho. That's still a lot of good jobs that El Paso only wishes it had.

Albuquerque has a better chance to lure Amazon than El Paso does just based on it better meeting the requirements of an educated and skilled workforce, an international airport with nonstop flights to New York City, Washington, DC, San Francisco and Seattle and being closer to having 1 million people in its metro.

Albuquerque also has a leg up as a place with a culture and lifestyle Amazon desires and its employees want. It has a foodie culture, great and distinct local cuisine, one of the best and most award-winning microbrewery scenes in the country, a great coffee scene that has received write-ups by the likes of the New York Times, an artistic vibe and great arts scene, an outdoorsy culture with great recreation opportunities in and around the city and natural beauty that is hard to beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City