U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is best for young adults?
New Orleans 12 16.00%
St. Louis 15 20.00%
Nashville 48 64.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:53 PM

4,320 posts, read 3,391,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesarstl View Post
I agree, kinda, as well to a point, as the previous posters were also more talking about urban living, cultural institutions, public transportation, arts/architecture and such which yeah, I think St. Louis def still competes with those cities.
I agree too. It will be interesting to see how New Rising cities compete with older, established cities when population, gdp, amenities etc. start to match or exceed those cities. I also think that just because a city competes with one another does not imply they are evenly matched, or trying to be.

Old Today, 06:53 PM

5,255 posts, read 5,612,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
I agree too. It will be interesting to see how New Rising cities compete with older, established cities when population, gdp, amenities etc. start to match or exceed those cities. I also think that just because a city competes with one another does not imply they are evenly matched, or trying to be.
Your answer comes when you look at St Louis and compare it to Charlotte of the 90s and where it is today and where it will be in a few years. St Louis use to be a peer to Minneapolis and Denver. Better yet, look at Seattle of the 90s and it is easily considered as a national model for a up and coming city today.

Like I mentioned before, look at the convention business in Nashville and Indianapolis. They have left St. Louis. That doesn't mean they are superior cities. However, St. Louis will be catching up in the next few years.

Atlanta is a superior city but when it comes to live theater, St Louis runs with them easily.

I live in Vegas now and the club scene and total picture of nightlife blows St Louis out of the water. Is it a superior city? No.

Old Today, 07:37 PM

11,632 posts, read 31,875,434 times
This thread has veered way off topic from the original 3 cities. Time to close it.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or