U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2008, 09:03 AM

11,972 posts, read 26,853,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Yes. I was born and raised in Chicago and I still own property in the heart of the city.
Absentee slumlord? I can't stand people who own property but never set foot on it...

Old 06-24-2008, 09:10 AM

3,567 posts, read 7,515,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Absentee slumlord? I can't stand people who own property but never set foot on it...
Well, as both a troll and an absentee slumlord, I'm really interested in stealing children to work in my methlabs on the south side

You're pathetic. Learn to take criticism like an adult.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:11 AM

20,005 posts, read 67,960,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineKnownAsLosAngeles View Post
thats laughable, when most people in just california think all of illinois is flyover country
What do you expect from the "whoa duuuuude, lets like, smoke a bowl, duuuuude and then listen to Bob Marley duuuuuude, and then watch E! Entertainment allll night, duuuuuude, and worship Lindsay Lohan, duuuuude" crowd?

You should be concentrating your efforts on fighting one of the current 800 wildfires in CA instead of spouting stupid crap like that. Bon voyage! Oh, dont forget your Bob Marley CD on the way out, duuuuude.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:33 AM

11,972 posts, read 26,853,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Well, as both a troll and an absentee slumlord, I'm really interested in stealing children to work in my methlabs on the south side

You're pathetic. Learn to take criticism like an adult.
Struck a nerve with that absentee landlord comment, didn't I? There must be an inkling of truth to it...

I wasn't responding to any criticism of me, by the way. I'd say it's much more pathetic to troll around a forum about a city you don't live in just to slam it every chance you get. Hey, we understand--you left Chicago because of the winters. Accept the fact that everyone isn't like you, and move on. I hated living in Milwaukee, but don't hang around that forum slamming it every chance I get. And you want to talk to me about acting like an adult? Please...

Old 06-24-2008, 03:52 PM

569 posts, read 1,592,097 times
First off, LA's skyline is a joke. You don't have to be there to see it, just look at your mother-in-law's postcard from spring vacation. And you want to know what makes a crappy skyline worst than it has to be? That the east side of downtown Los Angeles houses seven to eight thousand homeless people in make shift shanties dubbed "skid row." I couldn't believe my eyes. Also stucco mansions in Beverly Hills don't hold a candle to a Chicago brownstone. Save your camera for the beach.

Old 06-24-2008, 04:11 PM
j33

4,625 posts, read 12,635,395 times
Now now, there is some fascinating architecture in California and LA, it isn't fair to entirely dismiss that city.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:10 PM

20,005 posts, read 67,960,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Now now, there is some fascinating architecture in California and LA, it isn't fair to entirely dismiss that city.
This is true. However, comparing L.A.'s architecture to Chicago's is like comparing a Chevy to an Aston Martin.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:06 PM

10,149 posts, read 18,131,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
This is true. However, comparing L.A.'s architecture to Chicago's is like comparing a Chevy to an Aston Martin.

I dunno, there have been many very interesting looking Chevys.

LA will be most famous for it's "Dennys" coffee shop architecture which was a great influence on early Las Vegas. But then most of that great early Vegas stuff has been knocked down anyway.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:15 PM

580 posts, read 1,491,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKen0109 View Post
I'm from Chicago and I love this city! I'm going to LA next month (I might go to school there) to visit. I'm just curious Witch city is safer, healthier, scenic and better? Just between these two cities.
I guess that would be a tough choice to determine ( I think ) but I've been to Chicago more than La ( also have family from/ live in Chicago ) so I guess maybe Chicago. It experiences all seasons, and is next to the great state Michigan.

I also hear about Chicago being one of the top major cities going green or something like that, which may fall in under healthier/ scientific.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:04 PM

3,567 posts, read 7,515,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
What do you expect from the "whoa duuuuude, lets like, smoke a bowl, duuuuude and then listen to Bob Marley duuuuuude, and then watch E! Entertainment allll night, duuuuuude, and worship Lindsay Lohan, duuuuude" crowd?

You should be concentrating your efforts on fighting one of the current 800 wildfires in CA instead of spouting stupid crap like that. Bon voyage! Oh, dont forget your Bob Marley CD on the way out, duuuuude.
This is just as ridiculous and stereotypical as me saying that you only hang out with blue collar yokels from the midwest who have Polish accents.

You've been extremely negative and hostile towards elements you cannot compete against. This is a Los Angeles vs Chicago discussion, and I've freely admitted that there are many areas LA cannot compete with Chicago against, both in this thread and others.

It is equally truthful that Los Angeles has weather and scenery like heaven on earth, and Chicago will always be flat, featureless and mostly gray. Get used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City