U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better, based on the categories?
Las Vegas 50 46.73%
Nashville 57 53.27%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 08:03 PM

4,345 posts, read 3,415,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
There's beautiful landscape right in and outside of Vegas. That does little for the economy but it's something that Nashville doesn't really have.
I think Nashville is good for a certain demographic but you couldn't convince me to go back to a southern city in the bible belt. The QOL is subjective, but I will agree that the general QOL is higher than in Las Vegas.
Thanks for your perspective. I didn't mean the thread was unfair, just the characterization of minimizing Las Vegas as just the strip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 08:49 PM

68 posts, read 39,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentIpromise View Post
Never met an international tourist in Nashville. McCarran Airport pretty much sums up their reach. FYI - I am not from or have any hard connections to either of those cities so please don't jump down my throat about my unbiased opinion.

What in the world were you doing? Were you actually going around asking people for their passports? You ought to be embarrassed implying something so asinine that Nashville doesn't get international tourists. It's absolute nonsense.

On top of that what makes an international tourist any better than a national tourist? The answer is nothing.

Last edited by QuinnMill; 09-19-2018 at 08:58 PM..

Old 09-19-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
1- 10 is a greater percentage increase than 101 -110. Vegas has been doing what Nashville is beginning to do for years. They have and will always have a higher prior year base number to 'spring board' from than that of Nashville.
That's another unenlightened statement.

What towers has downtown Las Vegas been developing?

Are you implying that Nashville just began having conventions and tourism? If so that's more absurdity.

What is this "higher prior year base number to spring board from" statement? What does that even mean? The statement doesn't make any sense.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I visit Nashville several times a year and live in Las Vegas for the past month. I think I prefer Vegas over Nashville both as a tourist and living.

*Better tourist attractions
Vegas
There is so much more to see as a tourist. The average tourist could spend 4 days here easily but they would spend a lot of money being entertained. Nashville doesn't have the diversity or the number of attractions to hold most peoples attention that long.

Then why are Nashville hotels consistently booking rooms for 4-day weekends?

Old 09-19-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
*Better bars and clubs
I am not a clubber or a bar person but I would guess Vegas. People from all over the place come to Vegas to party. I still don't see that happening in Nashville outside of country music.
Then why are so many people who are not country music fans coming to Nashville?

The country music meme has played out. Nobody outside of city forum dorks takes the bait on that.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:49 PM

32 posts, read 9,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinnMill View Post
That's another unenlightened statement.

What towers has downtown Las Vegas been developing?

Are you implying that Nashville just began having conventions and tourism? If so that's more absurdity.

What is this "higher prior year base number to spring board from" statement? What does that even mean? The statement doesn't make any sense.
Hurt much? Read the comment I was responding to, then it might make sense. If it still doesn't then sorry I can't help you.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:55 PM

32 posts, read 9,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinnMill View Post
What in the world were you doing? Were you actually going around asking people for their passports? You ought to be embarrassed implying something so asinine that Nashville doesn't get international tourists. It's absolute nonsense.

On top of that what makes an international tourist any better than a national tourist? The answer is nothing.
Looks like I offended the wrong guy? Bro, I have never lived or ever want to live in either of those cities. Interestingly, I've been going to Nashville at least once a year for the past 4 years and I frequent Vegas as well for both work and pleasure. I was just stating my observation, which stands corrected, but please relax on your efforts to prop up Nashville.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:59 PM

Every 2-3 weeks there's an announcement of a new tower in Nashville.

Every day of the week there are at least three concerts, at least one comedy show, and at least one theatrical in Nashville.

Cities are going head to head with Nashville sports teams and events and have lost.

Cities have gone head to head against Nashville for corporate relocations and have lost.

People can't handle it because it violates their made up hierarchy. But so what.

Nashville is box office.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:00 PM

751 posts, read 273,217 times
I’ve only been to Nashville once in late September, maybe early October, back in 2013 I believe for a Chargers/Titans game. A group of us would go to an away game every year and Nashville, against my wishes, got the draw. I will say don’t judge a book by its cover, I was pleasantly surprised by it. I found it to be more enjoyable than most cities in that part of the country, including Atlanta. In fairness I haven’t spent much time in that region.

With that said Nashville and Las Vegas aren’t even in the same league. Just the entertianment and dining options alone puts Vegas on a level most cities in this world can’t compete with. I’m not saying I want to live there, but there is much more to the city than the strip. I have friends that grew up there and I’ve been to their friends and families houses. It just like most cities with strip malls, neighborhoods, and parks, but with all the world class amenities within close reach.

Let’s not forget Las Vegas is a very cheap 1 hour flight, or 4-5 hour car ride to the beaches of Southern California, and cities of Los Angeles and San Diego. I’m biased, but that alone would give it my vote. I will say it again that Nashville is a great city though.

Old 09-20-2018, 02:09 PM

4,028 posts, read 2,411,578 times
Quote:
Looks like I offended the wrong guy? Bro, I have never lived or ever want to live in either of those cities. Interestingly, I've been going to Nashville at least once a year for the past 4 years and I frequent Vegas as well for both work and pleasure. I was just stating my observation, which stands corrected, but please relax on your efforts to prop up Nashville.
#southernpride.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or