Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 10:09 PM

8,745 posts, read 6,664,611 times

Advertisements

Seattle (home)
Portland
San Francisco
New York
Boston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 11:53 AM

2,556 posts, read 3,595,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I just saw your old post and that Boston moved to honorable mention and Ann Arbor went to top five. What’s up in Ann Arbor? Also, have you ever been to Madison?

Went to UofM. Not sure why I did not include it in my first assessment.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:55 AM

2,556 posts, read 3,595,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
Love this thread and I can count to five too!

1. Los Angeles- grew up in OC and still find the city fascinating, from such varied areas like Hancock Park, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood to Mount Washington, Koreatown and Silver Lake. When I return I love to take off roads like Imperial Hwy to my destination instead of the freeways just to see the extreme diversity of the areas. Some parts of LA are indeed ugly, and some beautiful, but none boring in my book. Dodger Stadium +1.

2. Chicago- What a beautiful city. From the booming Loop, spreading south and west, to the Magnificent Mile to the Gold Coast and through Lincoln Park and Lakeview, the city is interesting, clean and livable. The lakefront from the Hancock, Navy Pier and the Planetarium are out of a picture album. Terrific riverfront on Chicago River. Great suburbs. Pockets of crime and poverty as well. Wrigley Field +1

3.Boston-Love the charm of Beacon Hill and Back Bay, the touristy Quincy Market, the roughness of Dorchester, the nearby suburbs of Cambridge and Brookline, the collegial feel, access to the Cape, Marblehead, and the islands. Legal Seafood, Boston accent, Fenway Park +1.

4. Detroit- Love the old architecture coming back to life after years of abandonment. Interesting town full of history and what ifs, a town that collapsed, going from 2 million residents to 700,000, with a skyline that is Gotham like. Neighborhoods like Boston Edison others which were home to auto moguls in their heyday, great suburbs like Birmingham. An underdog whose downtown is roaring back, so fun to see.

5. New York- A town full of superlatives, massive in size dwarfing every other city. Great skyline and great history, full of life and people, and full of extremes from Manhattan to the Bronx. Great ethnic diversity, and in the greater NY area a greater diversity from Connecticut to New Jersey and the Westchester and Rockland County suburbs, to Long Island. Truly an Alpha city. To me though, not as beautiful as alot of cities, more gritty and dirty than i like.

Great descriptions. Repped you.

Old 10-05-2018, 11:58 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,021,672 times
In no particular order:
Duluth, Minnesota
Portland, Oregon
Phoenix, Arizona
Salt Lake City, Utah
Eugene, Oregon

Old 10-05-2018, 12:37 PM

2,453 posts, read 2,354,729 times
For urban feel :Chicago
For nature: Merced, Ca halfway from the ocean to my favorite park( Yosemite)
For Women: Austin
For Shopping: Miami
To relax: Colorado Springs

Old 10-11-2018, 10:04 PM

55 posts, read 41,746 times
Have I already posted on this thread ?

Not sure ..

1. San Francisco
2. New York
3. LA
4. Chicago
5. Boston

Old 10-12-2018, 04:37 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,338,101 times
1.) Charlotte (obligatory, hometown)

2.) Miami
3.) San Francisco
4.) Long Beach
5.) Sarasota, FL

I love living in DC though. I feel like living, DC, NYC and Philly are my choices. But I love warm weather and beaches. I should’ve been born in Barcelona or Rio de Janeiro or something. I want NYC action with Miami weather and beaches.

Old 10-17-2018, 03:52 AM

12 posts, read 9,696 times
El paso tx .

The woodlands tx .

Austin tx.

Seattle w.

Denver co.

Old 10-17-2018, 04:29 AM

13,945 posts, read 8,793,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
1.) Charlotte (obligatory, hometown)

2.) Miami
3.) San Francisco
4.) Long Beach
5.) Sarasota, FL

I love living in DC though. I feel like living, DC, NYC and Philly are my choices. But I love warm weather and beaches. I should’ve been born in Barcelona or Rio de Janeiro or something. I want NYC action with Miami weather and beaches.
(emphasis added)

In July?

I think that if I lived in Miami, I'd head somewhere less hot and humid in the summer, like Minneapolis.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:03 AM

41,940 posts, read 36,711,281 times
Madison
Burlington VT
San Francisco
Chicago
Boston
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City