U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2018, 05:29 PM

22 posts, read 7,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
I have been to Idaho, been to Yellowstone and the Tetons, saw the conifer forests. However, they pale in comparison with the greenery you see in the South.

True, it does cool down on summer nights, but that is actually a negative to many people. Most people want warm nights during the summer so they can go out and enjoy a concert or fireworks in the park without huddling under jackets or blankets.
I am assuming that you have visited both places? The reason i ask is because everyone has pretty much voted for Idaho, even though I was leaning more towards TN. What's your opinion between the 2?
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:37 AM

39 posts, read 27,078 times
I am in a similar situation as Eatpraylovemom. The info. here has been very helpful and the replies have been very kind and unjudgmental which is so refreshing! Being a CA native, I consider myself a weather "wimp" who fears really cold or humid weather, but will have to get used to one or both. I'd like to know about the bugs in TN. I assume they aren't much of an issue in dry ID, but how much of a nuisance are they in TN? When I visited SC in June, there were lots of "no-see-ems" and mosquitoes. Is that the same in TN? What kind of bugs are there and what months are they out? Are they only out certain times of day, like at dusk? Is there any difference in the bugs/humidity in Knoxville area vs. Chattanooga area?

Also, is Chattanooga area warmer in general than Knoxville area since it is further south? Would you say that makes the winters less snowy and cold and the summers hotter and more humid? Also, any more advice on Knoxville suburbs vs. Chattanooga suburbs would be great...such as middle/high schools, weather, safety, scenery, amenities...
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City