Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I've been to at least two of these areas and prefer this one for overall quality of life:
Johnson County, KS (Overland Park, etc.) 13 27.08%
Hamilton County, IN (Carmel, Fishers, Zionsville, etc.) 9 18.75%
Reseach Triangle, NC (Raleigh, Durham, etc.) 26 54.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 10:46 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,869,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JocoLover View Post
You just totally made that up. You can’t just make up nonsense. Downtown KcMo has 3 million square feet less of office space now than it did in 2007. Job growth percentage is higher on the Kansas side , sorry but you should do research first. Even with cerner being built in Missouri , Kansas side is growing at 1.9 percent and Missouri at 1.8 percent. And basically none of that is downtown. The only thing downtown is small start-ups resturaunts and coffee shops. The only reason Missouri almost tied Kansas in job growth is because of Brownbacks taxes and the growth of Cenrer, along with layoffs at sprint. but that won’t last long, here is an actual slice from the Bureau of labor statistics instead of your made up nonsense. Most of the job growth on the Missouri side is logging and mining. Joco is still leading in business and financial by a ways, sure I guess kcmo is attractive for logging and mining ,, please edumecate yo self before you talk wack bra https://www.bls.gov/regions/mountain...kansascity.htm
Jobs tank in Kansas, surge in Missouri in Kansas City area.

It has not gotten any better...

Logging and mining. Um okay.

You live in a state that added a whopping 816 people last year. If I lived in Kansas, I would worship JoCo too. It's all you got. Too bad the only reason it exist is because of KCMO.

https://www.census.gov/data/tables/t...nal-total.html

Also, the MO side has consistently added more residents and has issued more building permits than the KS side for many years now. Now that's for the entire MO vs KS side as JoCo is still the single fastest growing county in the metro (with Jackson not far behind). But JoCo is the only county on the KS side that sees significant growth. MO side growth is more consistent across the entire MO side.

FYI:
MO side added 61,783 residents from 2010-2017
KS side added 60,324

MO side has issued 8846 building permits from 2017 to present.
KS side has issued 7967 building permits from 2017 to present.

The MO side is doing just fine.

And I never said anything about Downtown having more office space. It's pretty normal for an entire county as large as JoCo to have more office space than 20 blocks of a downtown core.

Last edited by kcmo; 01-09-2019 at 11:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 04:23 PM

4 posts, read 2,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Jobs tank in Kansas, surge in Missouri in Kansas City area.

It has not gotten any better...

Logging and mining. Um okay.

You live in a state that added a whopping 816 people last year. If I lived in Kansas, I would worship JoCo too. It's all you got. Too bad the only reason it exist is because of KCMO.

https://www.census.gov/data/tables/t...nal-total.html

Also, the MO side has consistently added more residents and has issued more building permits than the KS side for many years now. Now that's for the entire MO vs KS side as JoCo is still the single fastest growing county in the metro (with Jackson not far behind). But JoCo is the only county on the KS side that sees significant growth. MO side growth is more consistent across the entire MO side.

FYI:
MO side added 61,783 residents from 2010-2017
KS side added 60,324

MO side has issued 8846 building permits from 2017 to present.
KS side has issued 7967 building permits from 2017 to present.

The MO side is doing just fine.

And I never said anything about Downtown having more office space. It's pretty normal for an entire county as large as JoCo to have more office space than 20 blocks of a downtown core.
JOBS TANK!! wow you’re just talking nonsense that’s exactly what I said due to Brownback taxes as I stated previously and still Kansas side has more job growth. btw KCMO has 320 square miles so it’s not even much smaller than Joco and almost has the same population density which is pathetic. As far as growth , yes that was due to Brownbacks tax experiment which failed. As far as permits the Missouri side has about 60% of population so it’s all relative. You have to measure by percentage of new building permits and also the size of each construction. 5 permits for 5 houses in Missouri vs 1 permit for a giant apartment building in Johnson county. I can see you’re probably the crap head who posted that 816 people thing on reddit Kansas City. Well atleast Kansas isn’t a bunch of methheads who like shooting up Westport the plaza and troost ave.

Last edited by JocoLover; 01-10-2019 at 04:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City