U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM

188 posts, read 151,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAReastcoast View Post
but how can you deny, that across the boardm in urban areas, African American Families place less emphasis on education than White or Asian families? I just don't see it.
I can deny it because I'm an ACTUAL African American who's grown up around other economically disadvantaged African Americans who placed a GREAT deal of emphasis on education despite not living in the most desired or affluent areas. Even more, I ended up in an actual college in an athletic conference of like colleges with tens of thousands of African Americans from disadvantaged backgrounds who reached those colleges BECAUSE their families and themselves placed a GREAT emphasis on education.

Contrary to popular belief, we're not a monolithic group who acts, behaves, thinks, and moves the same. There are MANY shades of Black. You should explore them sometime...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM

12,973 posts, read 21,083,337 times
Atlanta
Grady Cluster
North Atlanta Cluster
City of Decatur
Druid Hills Cluster
Lakeside Cluster
Chamblee Cluster
Riverwood Cluster

(emerging) --> Jackson Cluster

Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM

52 posts, read 4,621 times
NYC has a mix. There are a lot of really bad ones, but there are quite a few really good ones as well. Stuyvesant, Bronx Science, Staten Island Technical, Townsend Harris, you get the idea. Of course, these are all selective in their admissions process. NYC also has a lot of very good private schools too, but that's not the purpose of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or