Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2009, 09:48 AM

1,303 posts, read 3,837,670 times

Advertisements

boring = negative thread

Old 05-12-2009, 01:34 PM

49 posts, read 109,906 times
I've been to Cincinnati on 7 occassions within the last 10 months and for its size its really boring to me...

That being said there is nice things in the Nati, but I expected more from a city its size.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 2,064 times
Salt Lake City by far.. I used to think that Detroit was hell on earth (with all the burnt buildings looking on with droopy eyes).. It took a trip to SLC to make me realize that a ugly city where you can see people on the streets is wayyyy better than a shiny deserted town. I was in SLC last Sunday with my wife and the absence of any living being and stuff to do just spooked us. We had our return flight scheduled for 9:30pm and we ran off to the airport at 6:30pm just so that we could see people and actually go to bookstores/bars/etc. I could not believe that I was urging my wife to head to the airport. I usually like to squeeze every minute out of our travel time. Sad!!!!!

Old 06-11-2009, 07:31 PM

330 posts, read 679,025 times
I met a girl who grew up in Fresno, California, and from what she says there doesn't sound like a more boring place in the world.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:32 PM

36,898 posts, read 38,801,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainwayee View Post
Salt Lake City by far.. I used to think that Detroit was hell on earth (with all the burnt buildings looking on with droopy eyes).. It took a trip to SLC to make me realize that a ugly city where you can see people on the streets is wayyyy better than a shiny deserted town. I was in SLC last Sunday with my wife and the absence of any living being and stuff to do just spooked us. We had our return flight scheduled for 9:30pm and we ran off to the airport at 6:30pm just so that we could see people and actually go to bookstores/bars/etc. I could not believe that I was urging my wife to head to the airport. I usually like to squeeze every minute out of our travel time. Sad!!!!!
What's sad is that you guys did not take the opportunity to get naked and copulate in the middle of a major downtown since no one was watching. You could have provided your child with the greatest birth story ever.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:52 PM
MI5

1 posts, read 1,987 times
Columbia, SC. Stay here too long and you will feel as if your life is being drained from you.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:54 PM

259 posts, read 449,949 times
Syracuse or Utica NY

Old 08-10-2009, 10:21 PM

3,639 posts, read 8,270,860 times
Default ignorance

Quote:
Originally Posted by What! View Post
If anyone is going to get offended by this thread then please leave. This thread is not created to offend or anything like that. I made this thread for the purposes of humorous discussion. I don't want anyone getting angry at this. I consider a city to be boring if it lacks significant architecture or scenery; lack of nightlife; you have to drive everywhere to get around the city; lack of interesting things to do, even for intellectuals; and an all around boring feel, like being in a giant library.
Here are my choices for some of the most boring cities in the U.S.:
1. Oklahoma City: What's up with this place? It is dull. I couldn't find jack to do. The scenery is ho-hum. I had to leave and go down to Norman, OK., a much smaller area just to find something to do. I was at the local Wal-Mart and I saw a couple of dudes standing around talking about something-something. I left and then, about three hours later realized I needed to get something more. When I went back they were still there! I asked a local cashier if it bothered her that the customers were just standing around doing nothing. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "People around here do that all the time." Wow!
2. Salt Lake City: Can you find a more dead environment? Yes, there is hiking, biking, and skiing, but what can a person do in the city? Nothing. I was walking around on a Saturday night looking for some clubs to hit but I couldn't find anything. The nightlife is non-existent. You actually have to join a private club before getting booze. *shakes head*
3. Detroit: This place is sooooooo boring. And it actually enduced depression--and this was on a sunny day in May! All those boarded up buildings and burnt houses really depressed me. I wonder when they are going to bulldoze that place. Yeesh. What a dump!
4. Phoenix: It is hotter than Hell here. Even Satan wouldn't move here. This is one giant suburb where you need a car and a ton of air conditioning just to live. I was nearly a victim of heatstroke. I had to duck into one of the many shopping malls to get some rest. My stupid rental car sucked when it came to air conditioning. I seriously do not want to go back to this place.
5. El Paso: No nightlife. And no nothing. All the women are either married, ho-hum, or both. I was here for a couple months because I was working at a seasonal job back in 2005. This was the first city in Texas I had ever been to. I've met people from Texas and they seem cool and they talk about their state like it was paradise. So I thought all Texas was great. El Paso, Texas set the record straight. I was so bored by this place I quit during my job, left the state, and never looked back.
6. Bakersfield, CA: The people there have nothing of note. Overpriced, suburban California--that's in Bakersfield. Why would anyone want to live here? It is not near the beach. And the atmosphere is dead. Sure, I got some tail, but after that I had nothing to do.
7. Buffalo, NY: Like Detroit, they should bulldoze this place down. Yes, they have restaurants here, but what else? Nothing. Gimme a break. The women there are stale. I can't believe I actually thought this would be a good place to visit back in 2007.
8. Rochester, MN: Puh-leeze. This place is crappy. Yes, they have the mayo clinic but they have nothing else. It is typical, dead, boring MN landscape and typical, dead, boring people. If I ever wanted to spend the rest of my life in obscurity I would go here.

So what about you? What's the most boring place in the U.S. you've ever been to?
so....because it was boring you think they should bulldoze it?

gtfoh

-mas23-

Old 08-10-2009, 10:50 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,447,954 times
Boring does equal negative in a way, but to me "boring" has a possible positive connotation. I think a place could be deemed "boring" because

There are relatively few bars or nightclubs.
There are relatively few unmarried young people.
The pace of life is slow.

Which to me can all be good things. I'm a bit of a high strung person by nature so I think excitement is a bit overrated. I find the idea of a city or town that's relaxing and low-stress appealing.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:08 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,435,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by What! View Post
If anyone is going to get offended by this thread then please leave. This thread is not created to offend or anything like that. I made this thread for the purposes of humorous discussion. I don't want anyone getting angry at this. I consider a city to be boring if it lacks significant architecture or scenery; lack of nightlife; you have to drive everywhere to get around the city; lack of interesting things to do, even for intellectuals; and an all around boring feel, like being in a giant library.
Here are my choices for some of the most boring cities in the U.S.:
1. Oklahoma City: What's up with this place? It is dull. I couldn't find jack to do. The scenery is ho-hum. I had to leave and go down to Norman, OK., a much smaller area just to find something to do. I was at the local Wal-Mart and I saw a couple of dudes standing around talking about something-something. I left and then, about three hours later realized I needed to get something more. When I went back they were still there! I asked a local cashier if it bothered her that the customers were just standing around doing nothing. She shrugged her shoulders and said, "People around here do that all the time." Wow!
2. Salt Lake City: Can you find a more dead environment? Yes, there is hiking, biking, and skiing, but what can a person do in the city? Nothing. I was walking around on a Saturday night looking for some clubs to hit but I couldn't find anything. The nightlife is non-existent. You actually have to join a private club before getting booze. *shakes head*
3. Detroit: This place is sooooooo boring. And it actually enduced depression--and this was on a sunny day in May! All those boarded up buildings and burnt houses really depressed me. I wonder when they are going to bulldoze that place. Yeesh. What a dump!
4. Phoenix: It is hotter than Hell here. Even Satan wouldn't move here. This is one giant suburb where you need a car and a ton of air conditioning just to live. I was nearly a victim of heatstroke. I had to duck into one of the many shopping malls to get some rest. My stupid rental car sucked when it came to air conditioning. I seriously do not want to go back to this place.
5. El Paso: No nightlife. And no nothing. All the women are either married, ho-hum, or both. I was here for a couple months because I was working at a seasonal job back in 2005. This was the first city in Texas I had ever been to. I've met people from Texas and they seem cool and they talk about their state like it was paradise. So I thought all Texas was great. El Paso, Texas set the record straight. I was so bored by this place I quit during my job, left the state, and never looked back.
6. Bakersfield, CA: The people there have nothing of note. Overpriced, suburban California--that's in Bakersfield. Why would anyone want to live here? It is not near the beach. And the atmosphere is dead. Sure, I got some tail, but after that I had nothing to do.
7. Buffalo, NY: Like Detroit, they should bulldoze this place down. Yes, they have restaurants here, but what else? Nothing. Gimme a break. The women there are stale. I can't believe I actually thought this would be a good place to visit back in 2007.
8. Rochester, MN: Puh-leeze. This place is crappy. Yes, they have the mayo clinic but they have nothing else. It is typical, dead, boring MN landscape and typical, dead, boring people. If I ever wanted to spend the rest of my life in obscurity I would go here.

So what about you? What's the most boring place in the U.S. you've ever been to?
Sarasota, Florida...unless you enjoy "frying" yourself in suntan oil at a treeless, barren and unfriendly beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City