U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 12-25-2018, 06:30 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
4,892 posts, read 3,225,826 times
Reputation: 4132

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
And college football? People are into sports in the south because they donít have or canít think of anything better to do. Thatís how we think.
You can't be serious here.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-25-2018, 06:59 PM
 
2,353 posts, read 2,106,449 times
Reputation: 1657
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
What a joke, but so typical of you. You could fit about 20 Delores Parks in Piedmont Park. Delores doesn't have a lake, a public pool with Event space, trails, large expanses of virgin woods or multiple active sports fields.

You couldn't be more dishonest in your pathetic attempt to discredit Atlanta if you tried.
Exactly my point. A park a fraction of the size has more "energy" on any given day.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2018, 07:18 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
2,769 posts, read 3,472,197 times
Reputation: 1900
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
You can't be serious here.
I like college football a lot, but stadiums sell out in Auburn, Athens, Clemson, and Tuscaloosa in part because they donít have much else going on. Georgia Tech fans have choices. Do they sell out?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2018, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
4,892 posts, read 3,225,826 times
Reputation: 4132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Exactly my point. A park a fraction of the size has more "energy" on any given day.
Of course it does, this makes zero sense. Comparing Delores to Piedmont is like comparing Delores to Golden Gate. It's an invalid, stupid comparison.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2018, 07:39 PM
 
2,353 posts, read 2,106,449 times
Reputation: 1657
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Of course it does, this makes zero sense. Comparing Delores to Piedmont is like comparing Delores to Golden Gate. It's an invalid, stupid comparison.
Ok then I was just showcasing how a small park can demonstrate "energy" but that seems to rub you the wrong way bc Atlanta has no rival.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2018, 07:46 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
4,892 posts, read 3,225,826 times
Reputation: 4132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
So I assume you cant name any thus your original comment can be discreted? You're sticking to your notion that Atlanta has foot traffic like SF/DC?

Lol as usual but keep being the savior for Atlanta everytime someone says something you dont like about it. Atlanta doesn't need to fit the mold everytime a topic is introduced you know I've lived there and dont like it and for some reason you cant seem to accept that reality. It aggravates you and I dont mind it at all
Anyone that's been around here for more than a day is familiar with your agenda, and your posting history clearly confirms it. You are drawn to any thread that mentions Atlanta like a moth to a candle. You have caused countless posts to be deleted and many threads to be closed due to your hatred of a city. It's beyond ridiculous at this point, and you deserve to be called out.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2018, 07:48 PM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
23,718 posts, read 22,674,098 times
Reputation: 29027
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
We tend to wake up early and we workout frequently. We like to stay fit, eat healthy and hike on weekends. Our energy is used differently than the east coast where they use their high energy to go to bars, drink, and watch other people playing sports/exercising. Weíre more participatory.
I can't even imagine how you came up with this answer. You think that people on the east coast don't walk, run, cycle, hike, go to a gym, camp, chop firewood, or do anything that requires them to get out of their ergonomic office chair?

You're wrong about that.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2018, 07:49 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
4,892 posts, read 3,225,826 times
Reputation: 4132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
Ok then I was just showcasing how a small park can demonstrate "energy" but that seems to rub you the wrong way bc Atlanta has no rival.
And yet more doubling down with a beyond ridiculous premise. It's obvious you just can't help yourself with these delusional arguments.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2018, 07:51 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
4,892 posts, read 3,225,826 times
Reputation: 4132
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
I like college football a lot, but stadiums sell out in Auburn, Athens, Clemson, and Tuscaloosa in part because they donít have much else going on. Georgia Tech fans have choices. Do they sell out?
Yes, Tech sells out most games.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2018, 07:54 PM
 
2,353 posts, read 2,106,449 times
Reputation: 1657
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
And yet more doubling down with a beyond ridiculous premise. It's obvious you just can't help yourself with these delusional arguments.
So where's your areas that rival SF/DC in foot traffic and/or a park that rivals the energy seen at Dolores park?
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top