Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: California or Illinois?
Naperville, IL 25 28.09%
San Diego, CA 64 71.91%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 11:49 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,380,724 times

Advertisements

Cali
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 09:07 AM

422 posts, read 396,801 times
San Diego with out a doubt.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:10 AM

505 posts, read 584,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwj119 View Post
What in God’s name is this thread about?

I wouldn’t choose Naperville to be in my top 20 places to live in Illinois. And none of the top 20, less Chicago itself, compete with San Diego.

Good lord.
You didn't read my PERSONAL criteria about requiring a medical procedure offered in a few states. This thread isn't about YOU or your personal geographical desires. Useless comment.

Thanks to everyone else who commented. Visiting these places has been an eye opener.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:31 AM

15,323 posts, read 23,923,075 times
^ You should be going with whichever place gets you the best medical care for also the best deal, IMO. It's your life afterall. You know the best rated hospital in the US is in Rochester, MN (Mayo Clinic), a city of only 115k people. And yet it doesn't stop people from big cities going there for certain things even though it's a small place. It doesn't even stop celebrities, former presidents, and the royal family of Saudi Arabia from getting care there either. Medical care is about more than just where you WANT to live..I suspect you know this though.

Old 01-04-2019, 09:51 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
^ You should be going with whichever place gets you the best medical care for also the best deal, IMO. It's your life afterall. You know the best rated hospital in the US is in Rochester, MN (Mayo Clinic), a city of only 115k people. And yet it doesn't stop people from big cities going there for certain things even though it's a small place. It doesn't even stop celebrities, former presidents, and the royal family of Saudi Arabia from getting care there either. Medical care is about more than just where you WANT to live..I suspect you know this though.
Their problem is that the medical procedure they need to get is only offered in a handful of states, MN apparently not being one of them.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Their problem is that the medical procedure they need to get is only offered in a handful of states, MN apparently not being one of them.
My point had nothing to do with Minnesota itself. It had to do with the fact that when you need a medical procedure or care, there's more to it than "the most enjoyable place to live." I used the mayo clinic as an example of a not so exciting place that all attracts people for medical care because medical care trumps everything for many people.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:22 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
Quote:
My point had nothing to do with Minnesota itself. It had to do with the fact that when you need a medical procedure or care, there's more to it than "the most enjoyable place to live." I used the mayo clinic as an example of a not so exciting place that all attracts people for medical care because medical care trumps everything for many people.
Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:42 AM

505 posts, read 584,170 times
Quote:
Thank you for the comment. You understand. The procedure is Acessa - radio frequency ablation for tumors and it's a newer procedure with high success rate and low complications. It's the best procedure for my personal health issue compared to other brutal alternatives. I've heard wonderful things about MN healthcare, have a friend up there and have considered it. However, they do not offer Acessa in MN. I've been on the phone repeatedly with the Acessa rep finding doctors and working out insurance. Hopefully this procedure will be more common in 2019.

I currently reside in Las Vegas and the healthcare here is the worst in the US. Medically, Vegas is years behind, we have a shortage of doctors, amongst other problems.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSpark View Post
Thank you for the comment. You understand. The procedure is Acessa - radio frequency ablation for tumors and it's a newer procedure with high success rate and low complications. It's the best procedure for my personal health issue compared to other brutal alternatives. I've heard wonderful things about MN healthcare, have a friend up there and have considered it. However, they do not offer Acessa in MN. I've been on the phone repeatedly with the Acessa rep finding doctors and working out insurance. Hopefully this procedure will be more common in 2019.

I currently reside in Las Vegas and the healthcare here is the worst in the US. Medically, Vegas is years behind, we have a shortage of doctors, amongst other problems.
That's interesting - have never heard of it before but it sounds pretty interesting. Hopefully with a success rate like that it continues to grow in terms of who offers it. What is the recovery time like? Sounds like since it's a factor in what you need, it must not be just a few weeks recovery?

Does Scripps (La Jolla) and Northwestern Medical both offer this procedure? At least looking at the rankings for what category I think this would fall under, they're both pretty similarly ranked. I think though Northwestern is ranked above Scripps in general, overall.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:52 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSpark View Post

Nevada 40th worth state for health care in 2017 rankings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City