U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Top City Where Wealthy African Americans Can Easily Integrate Into Elite White Society
New York 7 10.29%
Washington, DC 17 25.00%
Los Angeles 10 14.71%
Atlanta 22 32.35%
Chicago 0 0%
Houston 5 7.35%
Miami 1 1.47%
Philadelphia 4 5.88%
Baltimore 1 1.47%
Memphis 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 11:37 AM

37 posts, read 9,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Green is all that matters huh? What's that green going to mean to you at the end of your life? Aiming for the "Richest Corpse in the Cemetery" award?
The goal of money isn't for you to take it with you, it's for you to pass down to future generations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 11:51 AM

211 posts, read 82,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGreggs55 View Post
I don't think whites hate blacks because they're black, I think they are cautious around them, because their community as a whole is poor, and the high crime rate per capita is a by-product of poverty, in fact whites treat blacks better than poor whites
Quote:
I disagree, rich whites are good people, we live in a capitalist society, the only race that matters is green
With this sort of thinking you should probably pass on Atlanta. It's good to "keep hope alive", as they say.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeTraveler View Post
With this sort of thinking you should probably pass on Atlanta. It's good to "keep hope alive", as they say.
in Atlanta I've seen rich whites and rich blacks are more integrated than LA

Old 01-25-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
in Atlanta I've seen rich whites and rich blacks are more integrated than LA
They must be awfully segregated over in LA then.

Old 01-25-2019, 12:19 PM

4,589 posts, read 3,627,714 times
Other

Old 01-25-2019, 12:32 PM

4,246 posts, read 2,578,629 times
Not sure why this is important.

Old 01-25-2019, 12:37 PM

77 posts, read 19,384 times
It all depends on where and how you fit in. I, for example, do not really fit well with wealthy blacks, neither click very well with most higher income whites. Not good either with low income blacks but a bit better with middle and lower income people of all other races. Maybe it is because, as someone recently said to me, that I "don't speak the way I look." I grew up on the West Coast, so that's how I sound, but I look like a common person from public housing and can't really help that - it's just how I was made. People in the upper classes of all races will have nothing much to do with people like myself because we are of no lasting benefit to them.

Old 01-25-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeTraveler View Post
They must be awfully segregated over in LA then.
Are you saying Beverly hills is less segregated than buckhead, I'm not saying La is segregated, it's not, i'm saying Atlanta is more integrated

here is the leadership of a white elite women's group called Junior League, do you see a difference in Junior League of Atlanta vs Junior League of LA

https://www.jlatlanta.org/about/jla-...ors-2018-2019/

https://www.jlla.org/about-new/leade...rdofdirectors/

Old 01-25-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Are you saying Beverly hills is less segregated than buckhead, I'm not saying La is segregated, it's not, i'm saying Atlanta is more integrated
I have no idea about segregation in Beverly Hills.

I do, however, know about the social dynamics of Buckhead (and many other areas of Atlanta) as I worked there for several years.

Quote:
here is the leadership of a white elite women's group called Junior League, do you see a difference in Junior League of Atlanta vs Junior League of LA
Buckhead is 30% black. Beverly Hills is 1-2% black according to stats. So one wouldn't expect them to have an equal amount of black people in any random group.

Old 01-25-2019, 02:46 PM

5,157 posts, read 4,727,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
On the contrary. As a white person, I enjoy interfacing with blacks of all status.

It's the damnable and typically powerful whites who can't stop causing trouble, hence the desire to stay away from their type. The idea that blacks would sell their souls as such is unfathomable. I've thankfully never seen that.
I don't quite understand what you are getting at? Rich black people are nicer than rich white people?

That sound quite naive, in the end we are all people and greed drives people, doesn't matter the color of ones skin. I met and interacted with extremely wealthy people of all types and there is not one or the other that is nicer or meaner, just depends on the person, their values, and partly how they were brought up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or