U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better
Beaufort SC 18 75.00%
Fairhope AL 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:27 AM

22 posts, read 7,509 times

Advertisements

This is true. Great and informative post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:02 AM

1,067 posts, read 327,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
The vegetation between the two areas is, to me, virtually the same: St. Augustine grass, azaleas (notably Formosa and Pride of Mobile varieties), Live Oaks festooned with Spanish Moss, Longleaf Pines and Sabal Palms. I've not noticed a difference in the amount of Spanish Moss between the two areas, but what is true is that Spanish Moss can be very mercurial in its growth patterns. There was a period some decades back in coastal Georgia when the moss all but disappeared from the oaks. No one knew why (some blamed car exhaust LOL), but eventually it came back with a vengeance. So my guess is that the growth patterns of Spanish Moss are inconsistent throughout the coastal South.
Spanish moss grows as far west as McAllen, Texas, where mesquite trees also grow!

Old Today, 01:25 PM

13,080 posts, read 17,462,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
I'm pretty sure the Gulf Coast is more humid than anywhere else except Florida's Atlantic Coast, and Spanish moss is everywhere in New Orleans and Biloxi and Mobile. The Gulf also tends to be even more rainy than the southeast coast.
A lot of people don't realize that the panhandle of Florida is wetter than the peninsula on average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City