U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Whatís your favorite Coast ?
East Coast 16 61.54%
West Coast 6 23.08%
Other 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 03:29 PM

5 posts, read 973 times

Advertisements

Hey all!

Iím originally from the east coast, but Iíve been living in Texas for a few years. Now Iím ready to buy a house, and I have the opportunity to relocate back to the east coast for work but Iím having trouble deciding on a good location but I definitely want to move back to the east coast to be closer to family members. We like Charlotte, Orlando, Atlanta, Tampa but also like Texas too. I have 4 children, so I definitely want to be someplace thatís safe with good school districts. And that has an affordable cost of living.

Iím definitely interested in hearing some opinions on this. Which east coast city do you love & why ??

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 05:18 AM

2,718 posts, read 1,193,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyt2019 View Post
Hey all!

Iím originally from the east coast, but Iíve been living in Texas for a few years. Now Iím ready to buy a house, and I have the opportunity to relocate back to the east coast for work but Iím having trouble deciding on a good location but I definitely want to move back to the east coast to be closer to family members. We like Charlotte, Orlando, Atlanta, Tampa but also like Texas too. I have 4 children, so I definitely want to be someplace thatís safe with good school districts. And that has an affordable cost of living.

Iím definitely interested in hearing some opinions on this. Which east coast city do you love & why ??

Thanks in advance!
I actually like all 4 metros you just mentioned a lot. I live in Charlotte and lived a year in Orlando. I really liked Orlando and, at the time, pleasantly surprised at just how much there was beyond the tourist areas. We love Charlotte so much, my wife and I plan on staying here for good. I've been to Tampa and Atlanta numerous times over the decades and have very high regard for them. Though rents are high in Tampa and Orlando, homes are affordable. Charlotte and Atlanta get you better Buying Power (cost of living vs. average annual income) and their climates are more moderate and geared toward 4-seasons. The Tampa/St. Petersburg/Orlando corridor has a huge number of incredible recreational assets that's hard to beat. World class theme parks, some of the best beaches anywhere, NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL, zoos, aquariums, lakes, gulf coast, parks/greenways, great golfing, etc. I love all 4 areas. It just depends on what you want. All 4 rank well nationally in many publications and rankings (including my own), so I'm cool with any of them. Good luck wherever you land.

Old Today, 10:03 AM

1,230 posts, read 1,016,131 times
I'm a Northeastern and Mid Atlantic type of guy, that said Philly and Baltimore suburbs are affordable and have good schools. NYC and DC area metros may be too expensive for you.

Old Today, 10:08 PM

26 posts, read 41,558 times
East Coast is an easy choice for me. I don't think the west would feel like home. Atlanta is cool and beautiful and has nice suburbs. I might pick Charlotte over us just because it has so much less traffic than we do and still has a similar feel to Atlanta. I feel as if Tampa is safer than Orlando but both seem good as well. Texas has many good parts too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City