U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 08:59 AM

21,223 posts, read 22,721,240 times

Advertisements

Looks like learning Spanish and going to Miami is the best plan. It much more closely hits what you like than SD and the cost for Spanish lessons will likely be less than the cost of living differences between SD and Miami—plus, you’ll have learned a new language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 10:19 AM

25 posts, read 7,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Looks like learning Spanish and going to Miami is the best plan. It much more closely hits what you like than SD and the cost for Spanish lessons will likely be less than the cost of living differences between SD and Miami—plus, you’ll have learned a new language.
Oh Christ.....this is gonna be fun

Old 02-08-2019, 10:30 AM

2,580 posts, read 1,792,817 times
one pool party at SLS South Beach on a weekend afternoon or a stroll during the work week looking at the luscious Latinas on Brickell Ave and it could be game over....I'm fairly certain you could be persuaded to learn some Spanish--or Portuguese-- awfully fast

Old 02-08-2019, 10:38 AM

14,584 posts, read 18,453,486 times
I don't think either city is right for you. I mean, San Diego is obviously warmer in the winter than Chicago, but Chicago is actually warmer than San Diego June through August. Actually Chicago is on average about a degree warmer than San Diego in May too, and Chicago is a degree or so colder than San Diego in September. So basically May through September Chicago is as warm or warmer than San Diego. October, Chicago is in the low 60s, San Diego is in the low 70s. And then it's downhill from there.

So basically if you really want somewhere HOT, year round, then look at somewhere else like Miami.

Also, Chicago is probably the only place you've lived in the midwest, but it's not the worst weather believe it or not. Those temperature and weather swings in spring especially are completely normal everywhere in the midwest. I remember in Minnesota one year, it was like 85 and sunny one day in October. Literally the next day it was windy, 32 or 33 degrees, and snowing. There are other places colder, with more snow, and even worse temperature swings. Go live in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, etc for a few years and you'll realize Chicago is not close to the worst of the midwest weather-wise.

But yeah, I mean if you like HOT weather, then Chicago year round isn't right for you, but neither is San Diego

Old 02-08-2019, 12:25 PM

355 posts, read 346,537 times
Houston or Austin could also be potential cities. St Pete/Clearwater also are fun cities with easy access to water and beaches

Old 02-08-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwsavemoney View Post
Houston or Austin could also be potential cities. St Pete/Clearwater also are fun cities with easy access to water and beaches
I feel like at 26, I may feel too old for that city. Is that a city I could still be fine as far as dating in my early 30s? I feel the same about the nightlife as well.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungShakeAndBake View Post
I feel like at 26, I may feel too old for that city. Is that a city I could still be fine as far as dating in my early 30s? I feel the same about the nightlife as well.
I was referring to Austin btw lol

Old 02-08-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
one pool party at SLS South Beach on a weekend afternoon or a stroll during the work week looking at the luscious Latinas on Brickell Ave and it could be game over....I'm fairly certain you could be persuaded to learn some Spanish--or Portuguese-- awfully fast
I want it so bad

Old 02-08-2019, 05:21 PM

284 posts, read 161,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungShakeAndBake View Post
Oh Christ.....this is gonna be fun
You could always live around the Miami area and commute north to Broward or Palm Beach County if you are really that worried about it. Those counties are much more english speaking than Miami-Dade county. I know a few people who do that exact thing and it works out well since you'll be going the opposite direction that most people are going during the rush hours. It's really not as big of a deal as most people make it on this forum anyways and the people in Miami-Dade county are quickly learning english more and more every day.

Last edited by pinytr; 02-08-2019 at 06:14 PM..

Old 02-09-2019, 10:52 AM

21,223 posts, read 22,721,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinytr View Post
You could always live around the Miami area and commute north to Broward or Palm Beach County if you are really that worried about it. Those counties are much more english speaking than Miami-Dade county. I know a few people who do that exact thing and it works out well since you'll be going the opposite direction that most people are going during the rush hours. It's really not as big of a deal as most people make it on this forum anyways and the people in Miami-Dade county are quickly learning english more and more every day.
Maybe he can use the Brightline rail service that connects the downtowns of Miami, West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or