Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 12:07 AM

25 posts, read 18,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texamichiforniasota View Post
Your questions about LA traffic and how it impacts lifestyle- if you make enough money that you can live within a few miles of work, then the traffic isn't a deal breaker. You will probably find you spend more of your time in a smaller geographic area. I probably leave a 5 mile radius from my home in Central LA a couple of times a month to do stuff, not because traffic traps me, but just because there's so much to do in that area that there is no need to leave. There is definitely a lot of cool stuff outside that area, and I do try some new places, but there is so much stuff I haven't even explored in my own neighborhood in the last decade that I don't feel compelled to leave.
I feel like the worst part about LA is being stuck in neighborhood you don't want to be in due to work. I was looking more so on the West side of La instead of the East (Echo park, silver lake, etc). Not that anything is wrong with those areas but If I wanted a spot that wasn't by the beach and filled with hipsters, I might as well go to Austin lol. Your basically confined and all I can do is cross my fingers and hope the job is around a desirable vicinity to live. There's a lot of jobs available so I'm sure at least a couple will be on the west side. If not, I probably would still go with echo park though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2019, 06:49 AM

1,996 posts, read 3,161,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungShakeAndBake View Post
Hey guys, I made a forum not to long ago discussing whether San Diego or Chicago was for me. I've learned Chicago is DEF without a doubt, not for me. However, I don't think San Diego is either.

Things about me (little more detailed than the last)

- powerlifter/bodybuilder
- I'm a mixed guy, I don't know if that matters (I'm native american and black so I kind of look Hispanic but me being taller kinda gives it away)
- looking for a Pretty good nightlife (good not "ok")
-I like white/Hispanic girls HOWEVER I am very open to all races.

No Go's

Atlanta
Lol no. As much as it hurts to say this but I don't really resonate with most of the black culture. I LOVE Hip hop/rap and I love my race and culture, but I've been called "white boy" by the white kids in my high school growing up so me fitting here, just can't see it. Not really into to black chicks either.

Austin seems nice but I fear for the dating scene. From what I hear, it seems like girls here and LA typically go for that WASP look from what I see on here. I'm not here to b$#@# and moan ab how lifes not fair (like some of these posters do) , I just think you make yourself look the most attractive you can and shoot your shot, whatever race. Simple. I just want to have a pretty good dating/hook up scene.

The Atlanta comments are strange. Atlanta has about 6 million people, of which only 2 million are black, so there are plenty of white and hispanic!

The Austin comments are weak sauce! If you are tall and a bodybuilder, and have a little game, you should have no problems at all. Not at all!

Concerning San Diego's nightlife, have you heard of the Gaslamp Quarter??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRcPw_fVveA

Also, I recommend Nashville for Caucasian ladies, Tampa for white/hispanic! Tennessee and Florida have no state income tax, so that also helps with the lower earnings.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:35 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadsuper55 View Post
You've obviously never ever ever set foot in LA if you believe white women don't go for Black men. Same with Austin but LA would be paradise for you if women is that important. I don't know where you're getting this crazy information from or if you're trolling but sounds like LA San Diego or Austin would be perfect. You don't have to be black to enjoy Atlanta lol Whites make up a large % of Atlanta and they seem to like it too.
I was about to say the samething. There's still a great number of Whites in Atlanta metro. Even though ATL is renowned as a Black hub, there are parts of the metro and city that are White as hell.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:20 PM

25 posts, read 18,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usroute10 View Post
The Atlanta comments are strange. Atlanta has about 6 million people, of which only 2 million are black, so there are plenty of white and hispanic!

The Austin comments are weak sauce! If you are tall and a bodybuilder, and have a little game, you should have no problems at all. Not at all!

Concerning San Diego's nightlife, have you heard of the Gaslamp Quarter??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRcPw_fVveA

Also, I recommend Nashville for Caucasian ladies, Tampa for white/hispanic! Tennessee and Florida have no state income tax, so that also helps with the lower earnings.
lmao ok so i was wrong about Atlanta, I should have researched it some more. Thanks for the confidence in me! I appreciate it! and I have heard of San Diego's Gaslamp quarter, however I don't know how much it stacks up against other cities. Pretty good nightlife is important to me. I've heard San Diego has the vibe of a sleepy beach town.

As Cad said, San Diego is like LA but less intense and tbh I'm not all that sure in what that means exactly. I'm young and I didn't really get the chance to party and live it up in college so I'd DEFINITELY want a lively scene. I'm just not sure if San Diego can offer that.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:28 PM

10,066 posts, read 14,444,601 times
Why don't you consider some of these metros:

Las Vegas
Phoenix
Tucson (may be a *bit* too small though)
San Antonio
Houston
Orlando
Honolulu
New Orleans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City