U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 02:31 PM

314 posts, read 346,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Let me know if you need help getting in contact with him. But I think it is useful for you to check out that website anyway cause it has a plethora of useful information and knowledgeable members regarding all things Jax (albeit with a heavy tilt towards the urban core)
Thank you for the contact and website information. I will see if I can get a hold of him. The website looks great!

One of our options is to get a small place to use as a get-away. How do you find the winter temps? I know further south would be better for that, but we like that we can get to Jax in 4 hours. We don't want to go much further than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 02:47 PM

22,177 posts, read 4,671,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNSea55 View Post
If jobs are not a consideration, which metro is better? Currently living in a Charleston suburb 4 miles from the beach. No large shopping malls. No Mayo Clinic. No major cities within 2 hours. Hot, humid summers. Mild, but not warm winters. Don’t want to go further into FL due to hurricanes but would moving 4 hours south (Ponte Vedra) make much of a difference in lifestyle (and winter weather). Or should we just be thankful we live in Charleston like everyone else who seems to be moving here?!

No large shopping malls??? Yes, thére is...what do you want Charleston doesn't have??

No Mayo Clinic??? MUSC is nothing to sniff at...!

Maybe you need to move to Atlanta.,

Old 02-21-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
No large shopping malls??? Yes, thére is...what do you want Charleston doesn't have??

No Mayo Clinic??? MUSC is nothing to sniff at...!

Maybe you need to move to Atlanta.,
Atlanta? No way!!

Not sure when you have been to Charleston last but we don’t have the major retailers that Jax has.
(Take a look at Northwoods Mall)
MUSC is a fine hospital. But in most departments, it can’t compare to Mayo.

Just used shopping and Mayo as examples. No reason in themselves to move. We are now in retirement and exploring options. And the best option could very well be here in Charleston.

Hope you are enjoying where you are!

Old Yesterday, 11:27 PM

6,044 posts, read 6,645,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNSea55 View Post
One of our options is to get a small place to use as a get-away. How do you find the winter temps? I know further south would be better for that, but we like that we can get to Jax in 4 hours. We don't want to go much further than that.
Winter in Jax is approximately 3-4 weeks total of fairly uncomfortable weather, but not intolerable. You'd probably be fine most of the time, but every once in awhile you might plan a "getaway" and then the week in Jax ends up being the same temp as Charleston. But over time the averages should make it worthwhile.

Old Today, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Winter in Jax is approximately 3-4 weeks total of fairly uncomfortable weather, but not intolerable. You'd probably be fine most of the time, but every once in awhile you might plan a "getaway" and then the week in Jax ends up being the same temp as Charleston. But over time the averages should make it worthwhile.
I agree with that! Our weather is fairly close, very often within 5 degrees. It's those days when we really dip down that we wish we would have moved a bit further South! (Although it is already pollen season here in Charleston. My husband has been sneezing all week!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or