U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2019, 06:23 AM

1,094 posts, read 289,582 times

Advertisements

Are we talking about sexiness of people or the city in general?
As far as people go, I'm a straight male so I can only comment on the women, but NYC is really not dominated by any particular type of women.
I think from a visual standpoint, NYC does have a sexiness to it with all the prewar, purely urban architecture. It gives up a gritty but sexy vibe to me. Or actually straight up fancy in many cases
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 09:00 AM

4,412 posts, read 2,667,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I always thought LA had a sexiness to it. Something about the hazy red night background with those long palms that do the trick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDfinest View Post
I'll be biased here but I'll say for me DC. There's that certain "je ne sais quoi" when you walk around certain parts of Central DC which is almost reminiscent of Paris especially night.
Yes

Old 02-28-2019, 10:18 AM

545 posts, read 530,315 times
Miami- warm weather, beautiful Latinas, open marinas with yachts- very sexy

Atlanta- beaming with beautiful African-American women, everywhere....Saw a group of beautiful African American women downtown taking a picture with the skyline in the backdrop...sexy

Austin and Nashville and Memphis- music scene, music blazing through the streets, hips shaking and twisting...sexy!

Old 02-28-2019, 10:29 AM

8,623 posts, read 5,958,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryfan View Post
Miami- warm weather, beautiful Latinas, open marinas with yachts- very sexy

Atlanta- beaming with beautiful African-American women, everywhere....Saw a group of beautiful African American women downtown taking a picture with the skyline in the backdrop...sexy

Austin and Nashville and Memphis- music scene, music blazing through the streets, hips shaking and twisting...sexy!
Agreed on Atlanta. Stunning black women there.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:23 AM

2,628 posts, read 1,810,090 times
Besides Latinas (which I wholeheartedly agree), don’t forget about the stunning Russian beauties in Miami.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:07 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,822,843 times
All of this discussion and I think the OP had it right on the money 1. Miami 2. LA 3. NYC

Old 03-03-2019, 06:31 AM

Question, not brought up so far...does having a frequent presence of famous people (athletes, musicians, film/TV celebrities, etc) add to the sexiness of a city??

Old 03-03-2019, 12:37 PM

1,094 posts, read 289,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Question, not brought up so far...does having a frequent presence of famous people (athletes, musicians, film/TV celebrities, etc) add to the sexiness of a city??
Not at all. It's the sexiness of the city that draws those people, not the other way around

Old 03-04-2019, 03:17 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,323,185 times
Sexiness is different for everyone.

Some see
- celebrities an models add to a city's sexiness.
- jock-types and cheerleaders (showing my age)
- strip-clubs and a huge Club-Scene.
- very professional looking and educated if either sex dressed in suits and skirts.
- others a very casual attire as if a day at the park, or beach or golf course or Country bar.

The list could go on .....

I will reserve mine for another post.

Last edited by DavePa; 03-04-2019 at 03:27 PM..

Old 03-04-2019, 06:01 PM

I, for one, think it’s cool to have run into Derek Jeter and his SI swimsuit cover wife on multiple occasions at my local Starbucks and have a decent conversation with him; work out next to Lebron and other visiting NBA players at my Equinox; smoke a cigar and bullsh*t with Tyson Beckford; have a drink next to Bon Jovi at a hotel bar, all in Brickell....to have caught an impromptu performance by someone of Lady Gaga’s stature (not really a fan of hers but respect the talent) at The Gramercy Park Hotel NYC last May...to sit a table over from Bruce & Demi with Michael Keaton behind me at Ago or smoke a cigar and chat with Jimmy Smits at The Conga Room in LA years ago...to run into by accident and go up to Joe DiMaggio at a local drug store and running into members of the Grateful Dead and Journey many, many years ago at Marin Joe’s resto in Marin County, (SF) or Arnold Schwarzenegger at Stars resto in SF.

Somehow, I think these encounters would have been far less likely in Des Moines, St Louis, or wherever and one will be more likely to spot a celebrity hanging out in more happening and “sexy” cities.

As for us regular folk, I certainly find the Latinas where I live not only are sexy with more curves than Lombard St in SF but, like a few other cosmopolitan cities, they dress with class and style...I will take that all day long over the tomboy look or “CFM” / $500 per hour hooker outfits....and I prefer cities and establishments that have and enforce dress codes at nicer establishments.

Last edited by elchevere; 03-04-2019 at 06:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or