U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 03:13 PM

350 posts, read 120,266 times

Advertisements

At any point in time there's bound to be several thousand European tourists and 'snowbirds' in the Miami area. It's pretty much the number one destination for Euro tourists in North America. You'll certainly notice that especially in places that tourists frequent like shopping and entertainment destinations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 03:17 PM

7,421 posts, read 5,823,438 times
Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles, Phoenix (sunsets), Las Vegas

Old 02-21-2019, 03:18 PM

1,670 posts, read 840,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinytr View Post
Hey I like Milwaukee just as much as the next person. But facts are facts.
You can't compare Milwaukee to the cities you did. And, yes, there are European visitors, I lived there, and had dinner with some. AND, when Milwaukee has their Harley festivals, trust me, people from all over the world converge.

Old 02-21-2019, 03:18 PM

8,590 posts, read 5,935,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Vincit View Post
At any point in time there's bound to be several thousand European tourists and 'snowbirds' in the Miami area. It's pretty much the number one destination for Euro tourists in North America. You'll certainly notice that especially in places that tourists frequent like shopping and entertainment destinations.
Yes. Tourists. They also flock into Orlando. And all over Florida. The only place with any sort of European vibe in Florida is St-Augustine, and that is strictly on an architectural and historical standpoint. In my opinion (shouldn't have to state this, but just to make sure my opinion is not misconstrued.)

Old 02-21-2019, 03:26 PM

2,607 posts, read 1,801,606 times
unless they're Russian--flocking to Miami for anchor babies (at least we can consider those from Moscow as European):

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-miami-n836121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yes. Tourists. They also flock into Orlando. And all over Florida. The only place with any sort of European vibe in Florida is St-Augustine, and that is strictly on an architectural and historical standpoint. In my opinion (shouldn't have to state this, but just to make sure my opinion is not misconstrued.)

Old 02-21-2019, 03:44 PM

8,590 posts, read 5,935,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
unless they're Russian--flocking to Miami for anchor babies (at least we can consider those from Moscow as European):

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-miami-n836121
Oh wow... This is some funny stuff. On a different note... Oleysa Suhareva is gorgeous lol.

Old 02-21-2019, 03:52 PM

350 posts, read 120,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post

It comes down to the definition of 'vibe'. There's few places in the U.S. where you're as likely to run into a Brit, Russian or German as you are in Miami. Whether that gives it a 'vibe' or not, who knows, but it is a fairly distinctive feature of the area.

Is that comparable to the presence of Latin Americans in the area or even Haitians? Probably not. But the presence of many tourists seeking thrills tends to have a stimulating effect on the area's nightlife and entertainment options, so I'd say that it quite possibly contributes to a perception of Miami as sexy.

Old 02-21-2019, 03:54 PM

1,670 posts, read 840,021 times
Quote:
It comes down to the definition of 'vibe'. There's few places in the U.S. where you're as likely to run into a Brit, Russian or German as you are in Miami. Whether that gives it a 'vibe' or not, who knows, but it is a fairly distinctive feature of the area.

Is that comparable to the presence of Latin Americans in the area or even Haitians? Probably not. But the presence of many tourists seeking thrills tends to have a stimulating effect on the area's nightlife and entertainment options, so I'd say that it quite possibly contributes to a perception of Miami as sexy.
Okay, I'm going out on a limb, here. There's "sexy" and there's "sexy." And, sometimes, sexy can be sleazy. And, that's the impression some cities give.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:13 PM

285 posts, read 162,500 times
Quote:

Are you in Veritas? I noticed you posted in the L.A. forum on your profile.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:44 PM

8,089 posts, read 5,035,125 times
New York City
Miami
San Francisco
Washington
Charleston, SC
Aspen
Boston
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or