Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 03:55 PM

7,407 posts, read 6,537,276 times

Advertisements

Aspen is a good one not mentioned previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
New York City
Miami
San Francisco
Washington
Charleston, SC
Aspen
Boston
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 04:13 PM

17,136 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Aspen is a good one not mentioned previously.
Indeed. Dumb & Dumber was all the proof I needed.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:23 PM

307 posts, read 330,340 times
What do you guys think makes a city more sexy, the people in it or the environment that it's in?

Old 02-21-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinytr View Post
What do you guys think makes a city more sexy, the people in it or the environment that it's in?
A mix of both.
But to an extent, people are generally a product of their environment, so they kind of go hand-in-hand.

Old 02-21-2019, 04:47 PM

1,168 posts, read 775,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinytr View Post
If we're talking about Miami then, for me, it would have to be the environment because it's not the people

But the way the city comes together with the architecture, the palms, the wildlife, the beaches and the water everywhere creates for a very sensuous ambiance. If a city can be "sexy".

Old 02-21-2019, 05:15 PM

7,407 posts, read 6,537,276 times
Both--people and environment....Salt Lake City has some beautiful/sexy women but I would never consider it a sexy city.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:25 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Man, y'all are just being nit picky out of some weird spite for Miami. When the original user who said "Miami had a European Vibe" I'm sure they meant based on tourism and the various European enclaves that dot the barrier islands of the county. Miami does have one of the highest European immigrant populations in the US, along with the top 3 highest for European tourism. The predominance of Latinos in Miami, doesn't take away from the original intent of the statement, given the barrier islands and those enclaves are every bit apart of the Dade County and greater SoFla experience as Little Havana is.

Now if you all wanna be specific about architecture, and built environment then ok, cool...

Stop acting weird...

Old 02-22-2019, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Man, y'all are just being nit picky out of some weird spite for Miami. When the original user who said "Miami had a European Vibe" I'm sure they meant based on tourism and the various European enclaves that dot the barrier islands of the county. Miami does have one of the highest European immigrant populations in the US, along with the top 3 highest for European tourism. The predominance of Latinos in Miami, doesn't take away from the original intent of the statement, given the barrier islands and those enclaves are every bit apart of the Dade County and greater SoFla experience as Little Havana is.

Now if you all wanna be specific about architecture, and built environment then ok, cool...

Stop acting weird...
Or we just don't see it. To each their own though. I guess I got spoiled with where I came from, and the cities nearby.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:25 AM

6,804 posts, read 6,027,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
New York City
Miami
San Francisco
Washington
Charleston, SC
Aspen
Boston
I really don’t think I would call Boston sexy.

“Elegant” maybe on a good day, but rarely sexy.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:51 AM

1,168 posts, read 775,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post

Stop acting weird...
I've said before how the Beach feels like a European outpost. Like how Guadeloupe isn't in Europe itself but it's still a part of France.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City