U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these eastern Midwest cities are the most interesting for a visit?
Columbus, OH 2 10.00%
Cincinnati, OH 14 70.00%
Indianapolis, IN 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM

710 posts, read 775,255 times

Advertisements

Hello folks. The second week in June me and my family are planning to visit St. Louis for several days due to my father having a conference there. I've never been there and have only drew by Indy/Columbus on the way home for Chicago, but I'm wondering which of these cities are the most fun for a first-time visitor for spending two nights on a Friday/Saturday night. Consider the following options:

Nightlife
General entertainment
Dining
Shopping
Attractions
History
People
Safety
Scenery
Architecture
Festivals (6/8-6/10 weekend)

Other things to consider:

I'm in my mid-30s and generally like to explore the most interesting parts of a city. I'm not too crazy into teen/college-age culture at this point, but a mix for something my age, my parents age (Boomers), and even old-time entertainment for bygone generations. My late 20s younger sister tends to like a bit more of the younger stuff, while my parents of course prefer the old-time stuff. Keep in mind my mother has a low tolerance for crime, and complains even at the slightest hint of danger, which is why she tends to be a bit scared to travel to some of these cities.

Thanks for your assistance!

Last edited by Borntoolate85; Yesterday at 12:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM

336 posts, read 198,459 times
I’m sure they’re all fun for a weekend no wrong answer but of the three I liked Cincinnati best. It’s a pretty setting with the river and hills all around, great downtown and food, too.

Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM

613 posts, read 723,733 times
I chose Cincinnati, much older city with interesting historic districts, a strong local culture and great suburbs with shopping and entertainment too, ie NKY.

Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM

2,287 posts, read 1,292,207 times
Cincy out of those. But I'd say Cleveland for overall city in that region. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Best downtown. Plus if you go in the summer you can hit up the beach

Old Yesterday, 02:06 PM

8,335 posts, read 13,819,884 times
For a weekend any of them would be fine. June 8 is the pride festival in Indy, so that will be going on downtown that weekend.

As an Indy resident, Cincy is our weekend getaway city of choice. Louisville deserves consideration too.

Old Today, 07:54 PM

24 posts, read 3,575 times
I honestly think it depends when you go. every city has events and things to do depending on whats on the calendar. yes Cincinnati sits by the water and OTR is nice and theres a nice food scene. but to be honest you can find nice bars and nightlife in most cities. I see a lot of bias for cities where people are from and most haven't visited the cities their talking down on. this site is clearly not the place to go to get a true view of a city.think about this for a moment. all three have their strengths and weaknesses but out the three which one host the most conventions and hosted a super bowl and will host the NBA AllStar game in 2021? ill give you a hint,it isn't either of the cities in ohio lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or