Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Denver vs Raleigh
Denver 22 33.85%
Raleigh 43 66.15%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 12:04 PM

213 posts, read 165,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
My mistake. It was Enjoyingthesun who said that. Having come to the Denver area from Champaign, IL, where the standard summer weather forecast is "Hazy, hot and humid", I like the dry. It's still hot in the summer, even with the dryness, especially in full sun.
I honestly prefer the dry summer my self, but every time when I visit Colorado in the winter I get bloody nose. not really the best feeling or something to brag about
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 12:21 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,960,626 times
two things:
1. "I wonder if Raleigh and surroundings will become too "small"..."No. Raleigh is growing as fast as your children.
2. if you visit Raleigh this week or next, and experience the pollen, and you still like it....then Raleigh is the choice.

in fact, that is what i recommend to people who want to move to the the Raleigh "area".
visit during the pollen season, and/or during the Dog Days of Summer.
those are the reliable extremes of weather. yes, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. happen,
but not on a dependable schedule.

Old 04-18-2019, 12:57 PM

56 posts, read 52,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeydance View Post
two things:
1. "I wonder if Raleigh and surroundings will become too "small"..."No. Raleigh is growing as fast as your children.
2. if you visit Raleigh this week or next, and experience the pollen, and you still like it....then Raleigh is the choice.

in fact, that is what i recommend to people who want to move to the the Raleigh "area".
visit during the pollen season, and/or during the Dog Days of Summer.
those are the reliable extremes of weather. yes, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. happen,
but not on a dependable schedule.
That is a right approach. And we follow it. Cannot visit now, during the pollen season, but will be there at July/August when it's hot and humid. I pretty much sure that I have an allergies during the pollen season. So that is known issue.
How is the situation with the allergies in Denver btw?

Old 04-18-2019, 01:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Di3s3l_Pow3r View Post
I honestly prefer the dry summer my self, but every time when I visit Colorado in the winter I get bloody nose. not really the best feeling or something to brag about
Saline nose spray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by permanent alien View Post
That is a right approach. And we follow it. Cannot visit now, during the pollen season, but will be there at July/August when it's hot and humid. I pretty much sure that I have an allergies during the pollen season. So that is known issue.
I don't have any. Anecdotally, from what others tell me, spring is worst.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:16 PM

56 posts, read 52,361 times
Quote:
Saline nose spray.

I don't have any. Anecdotally, from what others tell me, spring is worst.
Why anecdotally though? Spring time is worst for allergies everywhere

Old 04-18-2019, 01:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
I mean, it's what other people tell me. I will say our spring is shorter than many, probably shorter than Raleigh's, so that shortens the time frame.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:01 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,384,986 times
Quote:
Only if pollen is your trigger. Other triggers have different time frames that become an issue.

Old 04-19-2019, 03:56 PM

28 posts, read 30,360 times
Quote:
My mistake. It was Enjoyingthesun who said that. Having come to the Denver area from Champaign, IL, where the standard summer weather forecast is "Hazy, hot and humid", I like the dry. It's still hot in the summer, even with the dryness, especially in full sun.
My comment was really about the traffic trying to get up I-70 to the mountains or the routes to RMNP. I wasn't trying to comment on the park situation in Denver. Like many major metro areas (including R-D), I think Denver has done a good job of carving out space for recreation. The cycling scene is good, and places like Red Rocks are excellent.

Old 04-19-2019, 04:24 PM

461 posts, read 545,624 times
Hilarious. So, some of us belong in CO and some in NC. That's what I learned from this thread. I turned down 2 jobs in Raleigh last year. I liked the area, but the opportunities weren't good enough to bring me back east. I probably couldn't handle the weather anyway. I fled VA for CO and I can't tolerate humidity after living in the cool/cold thin air at 7000 feet.

Old 04-19-2019, 08:04 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
Quote:
With regard to allergies, it depends on what you're allergic to.

For me, personally, allergies here are nearly non-existent. I have a few weeks in the spring where I'm mildly miserable, and a few weeks in the late summer/early fall (when sagebrush blooms) when I'm a little more miserable, but Claritin helps immensely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City