Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I would prefer to live in the following city:
Houston 164 70.09%
Orlando 70 29.91%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Six Flags Over Texas is larger than Disneyland.
Not by attendance, Disneyland CA and the Magic Kingdom Fl too the list. Matter of fact, the top 16 in the world are all Disney and Universal with only Sea World Orlando edging at 12 and 2 parks in Asia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 08:57 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,762,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Not by attendance, Disneyland CA and the Magic Kingdom Fl too the list. Matter of fact, the top 16 in the world are all Disney and Universal with only Sea World Orlando edging at 12 and 2 parks in Asia.
Following a visit to the then just recently opened Disneyland in Anaheim, California, wealthy real estate developer Augus G. Wynne Jr. decided that his home state of Texas should have a local park for entertainment. That's how Six Flags was created.

This is the original logo of Six Flags Over Texas.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:07 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Following a visit to the then just recently opened Disneyland in Anaheim, California, wealthy real estate developer Augus G. Wynne Jr. decided that his home state of Texas should have a local park for entertainment. That's how Six Flags was created.

This is the original logo of Six Flags Over Texas.
Lol yeah the 6 flags represents all the flags Texas has been under.

But what does Over Texas have to do with Houston & Orlando?

Old 06-25-2010, 09:10 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,762,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Lol yeah the 6 flags represents all the flags Texas has been under.

But what does Over Texas have to do with Houston & Orlando?
Nothing.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:26 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Nothing.
Haha it's cool dude, I just like diving you Dallas dudes heat. You guys are a funny bunch. But you guys probably get a few laughs out of Houstonians too!

Old 06-25-2010, 10:03 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,622,115 times
Quote:
Yeah, that was actually the first theme park I have been too. But it really doesn't come close to Disney World in Orlando though. Orlando has a larger list of attractions and such.
Los Angeles also has a Universal Studio's theme park, but the one in Orlando has got bigger rides. i believe the dueling dragons is the largest coaster in US, right?
Plus they opened up Harry Potter World.

Lol that's cool the first one I went to was Disney World in Orlando loved the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse what's intresting is the Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas was the tallest and fastest wooden roller coaster in the world when it opened in '92 duuno about now though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rattler_(Roller_Coaster)

Old 06-26-2010, 08:58 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Lol, I was actually going to say that they needed to play more consistently. I do feel we benefited from acquiring Ariza. Artest wasn't Houston Rockets material, and I'm glad he found a team he can shine in. He plays better when he's on the same side as Kobe rather than opposed to Kobe.
I don't know. I think if you would ask most Rockets fans, they'd say Artest was. He was tough and was a team player...what the Rockets like. He just went ring chasing...and it worked.

Quote:
Ah! That's good news. My favorite season in recent years has been 2008, 22 game winning streak! And it was my favorite because there was no Yao & Tracy McGrady. That's impressive.
Tracy McGrady was probably the biggest part of the streak once Yao went down after the 11th or 12th game.

Quote:
Theme Parks in Japan are trying too, but you can't really top American creativity. Orlando has got nice amusement parks with a theme. No one can touch American ingenuity at it's finest.
They have some pretty cool stuf at the theme parks in Asia though...particularly Dubai.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:24 AM

2,413 posts, read 5,749,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
The passes come in handy when ever you're bored. Last month I was at my friends house bored, it was about 5:30pm so we decided to hit up Universal for the last hour it was opened (it closed at 7pm that time of year). By the time we got there it was just about 6, as we were walking in massive crowds were leaving so there were no lines to anything.
I do that for Busch Gardens. My friend and I were bored once, so he sells, "hey lets go ride Shikra". We got there, rode one roller coaster and left, lol. But even those passes are quite expensive sometimes.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:47 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,945,661 times
Default Annual Passes, monthly payments.

Disney World Payment Plan Now you can buy Disney World Annual passes with a down payment and monthlies thereafter. This has been offered in Anaheim since 2008 but you are getting far much more with a pass to WDW over Disneyland and CA Adventure. Not a bad deal but I hate payments so I'd just as soon write a check for the full amount .

Old 06-27-2010, 04:48 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,749,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Disney World Payment Plan Now you can buy Disney World Annual passes with a down payment and monthlies thereafter. This has been offered in Anaheim since 2008 but you are getting far much more with a pass to WDW over Disneyland and CA Adventure. Not a bad deal but I hate payments so I'd just as soon write a check for the full amount .
148$ to 521$ for an annual pass?!?! Not worth it for Disney parks, even if they are premium. I'd buy a 70$ Busch Gardens or Seaword pass though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City