Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: North or South Carolina?
North Carolina is better 35 61.40%
South Carolina is better 22 38.60%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 07:51 PM

111 posts, read 143,444 times

Advertisements

It depends on your taste. Im young and vibrant so NC all the way bc of the combination of things to do: mountains, piedmont region (city life), and beach. NC also have a strong economy, which is due to the state's growth. NC city populations have some similarities to Ohio. Colleges (UNC, Wake Forest, UNC Greensboro, East Carolina, Appalachian State, NC A&T, UNC Wilmington, UNC Charlotte, Duke, NC State).

Retail: Southpark, Northlake, Charlotte Premium Outlet, Four Seasons, Friendly Shopping, Smithfield Outlet, Crabtree Valley Mall, North Hills (midtown Raleigh), Triangle Towne Center, Hanes Mall, Cross Creek, Cary Town Center, Carolina Place, Ballantyne, Concord Mills.

Attractions/Entertainment: Great Wolfe Lodge, NC Natural Science Museum, Carowinds, Land of Oz, Wet-n-Wild Emerald Pointe, Biltmore Estate, Levine museum, Romare Bearden park, Wilmington Historic District, International Civil Rights museum, Airborne museum, ACC Museum, Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Hornets, Carolina Hurricanes, Nag Head, Fort Fisher, ACC basketball, Winston Salem arts, NC Music Factory, House of Blues affiliated Cone Denim, EpiCentre, Smoky Mountains, Golf in Pinehurst.

SC is a laidback state. The only city I like in SC is Myrtle Beach. I haven't been to Charleston in 21 years. I wouldn't mind taking a trip there again and to Hilton Head.

I was reading one particular post on this thread. The post came off as being bitter because of Charlotte - false claiming the city as their own and saying Charlotte wouldn't be the city it is bc of SC, and then start bashing the city. Lol, Really!

Last edited by tcm1913; 05-10-2015 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: N/A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 08:30 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,651,502 times
Love Charleston, but N. C. is more progressive.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:57 PM

252 posts, read 349,578 times
You have to go with SC here, Columbia, Greenville and CHucktown have more character than the NC towns.

Old 05-10-2015, 09:39 PM

11 posts, read 16,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcm1913 View Post
It depends on your taste. Im young and vibrant so NC all the way bc of the combination of things to do: mountains, piedmont region (city life), and beach. NC also have a strong economy, which is due to the state's growth. NC city populations have some similarities to Ohio. Colleges (UNC, Wake Forest, UNC Greensboro, East Carolina, Appalachian State, NC A&T, UNC Wilmington, UNC Charlotte, Duke, NC State).

Retail: Southpark, Northlake, Charlotte Premium Outlet, Four Seasons, Friendly Shopping, Smithfield Outlet, Crabtree Valley Mall, North Hills (midtown Raleigh), Triangle Towne Center, Hanes Mall, Cross Creek, Cary Town Center, Carolina Place, Ballantyne, Concord Mills.

Attractions/Entertainment: Great Wolfe Lodge, NC Natural Science Museum, Carowinds, Land of Oz, Wet-n-Wild Emerald Pointe, Biltmore Estate, Levine museum, Romare Bearden park, Wilmington Historic District, International Civil Rights museum, Airborne museum, ACC Museum, Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Hornets, Carolina Hurricanes, Nag Head, Fort Fisher, ACC basketball, Winston Salem arts, NC Music Factory, House of Blues affiliated Cone Denim, EpiCentre, Smoky Mountains, Golf in Pinehurst.

SC is a laidback state. The only city I like in SC is Myrtle Beach. I haven't been to Charleston in 21 years. I wouldn't mind taking a trip there again and to Hilton Head.

I was reading one particular post on this thread. The post came off as being bitter because of Charlotte - false claiming the city as their own and saying Charlotte wouldn't be the city it is bc of SC, and then start bashing the city. Lol, Really!
As far as attractions people from SC can go and do anything that Charlotte has to offer and vise versa because of the access it shares with the cities. The more established beach in the Carolinas happen to be Myrtle Beach oh and you do know NC and SC share Carowinds right?

Old 05-10-2015, 10:12 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Student View Post
You have to go with SC here, Columbia, Greenville and CHucktown have more character than the NC towns.
How so?

Old 05-10-2015, 10:40 PM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
I'll give you Charleston....but to claim Greenville and/or Columbia have more character than Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, W-S, Wilmington or Asheville is...dumb.

Old 05-11-2015, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTaylorWay View Post
As far as attractions people from SC can go and do anything that Charlotte has to offer and vise versa because of the access it shares with the cities. The more established beach in the Carolinas happen to be Myrtle Beach oh and you do know NC and SC share Carowinds right?
Just 15% of Carowinds is in SC. I was referring to the attractions in NC, and my preference. Ppl from SC border line travels to Charlotte, NC alot to get access to those attractions like going to the mall, major sporting events, entertainment districts, etc. Similar to ppl from Delaware, & Camden traveling to Philly, ppl from NC traveling to Norfolk/VA Beach, and ppl from NJ and CT traveling to NYC. Beaches are ok, Myrtle Beach is cool. NC has nice beach, its more laid back. Some ppl have their preferences when it comes to beaches. The good thing about NC regions are the combination of mountains, city life, beach. I'm more prone to city life.

Last edited by tcm1913; 05-11-2015 at 04:58 AM.. Reason: N/A

Old 05-11-2015, 09:07 AM

2,823 posts, read 4,488,840 times
Very true TarHeelNick, what's so special about Greenville? People point fingers at Raleigh/Durham or Charlotte and claim they're "too suburban" or "too vanilla" but it's not like Greenville/Spartanburg or Columbia are any better. Columbia is basically a Deep South version of Raleigh minus RTP. Greenville has a nice downtown, and it's not too far from the mountains, but it's still not in the mountains and most people would probably pick NC major metros over it. Honestly, I don't have a problem with South Carolina, but no one from SC should claim North Carolina lacks character. North Carolina is arguably the prettiest state in the South.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:58 AM

I don't have anything against SC. Some of the people that I've known from that state are very nice people & just as sweet as they can be. Some of my ancestors hail from SC. To point out the difference - IMO, SC has a deep southern culture than NC due to the colonial era, you look at cities like Charleston for instance. SC is more of a laid back state & I like Myrtle Beach : )
NC has that southern culture, and the state is progressing towards a new level due to many people, especially from NY, moving to the area. Each city in each state, whether its in NC, SC, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, New York, Virginia, Washington, Cali, Idaho, or Maryland have their own character, that's what make a city unique.

Old 05-11-2015, 04:33 PM

252 posts, read 349,578 times
NC and SC look exactly like each other so hard to say NC is prettier. I have never seen a clear blue lake like Keowee and Jocassee in NC.

raleigh downtown is pretty bland. i know several people who moved to Greenville from Raleigh.

Wilmington and Souther Pines / Pine Hurst are only downtown areas I lke in NC. Asheville's is disappointing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City