Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: North or South Carolina?
North Carolina is better 35 61.40%
South Carolina is better 22 38.60%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 12:27 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,489,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
Charleston sucks? I'm sorry, but if someone doesn't like Charleston, that's much more representative of them than of the city.
it is kind of funny how everyone that moves there from a place other than the south hates it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 12:32 AM

806 posts, read 2,959,082 times
No, they don't Pretty stupid generalization from you, but the day those stop may be the day you actually move to NYC ...which at your rate isn't going to happen.

I'm using this experience I have with you from other threads.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:36 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,913,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
i did not have a (one) bad experience. i had a 6 year bad epxerience

also, yes the number of people who like it will outnumber those who don't. That is because 99.9% of the people that live there are from there
Hahahaha tell that little statistic to the thousands of Northerners that have moved there. My parents moved there from out of state. Actually I think the majority of my friends growing up in Charleston had moved in recently from out-of-state.
Exactly where in Charleston did you live btw? Keep your negativity up in whatever little Midwestern town you call home ok?

Old 04-19-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
No, they don't Pretty stupid generalization from you, but the day those stop may be the day you actually move to NYC ...which at your rate isn't going to happen.

I'm using this experience I have with you from other threads.
the redneck location where you are currently located is reflected too much in your post for my taste

therefore, you have been added to my ignore list

Old 04-19-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Hahahaha tell that little statistic to the thousands of Northerners that have moved there. My parents moved there from out of state. Actually I think the majority of my friends growing up in Charleston had moved in recently from out-of-state.
Exactly where in Charleston did you live btw? Keep your negativity up in whatever little Midwestern town you call home ok?
Yes, a couple of thousand northerners have moved to Charleston

However, they are 70 years old and are about to croak at any time.

I know three northern families that have moved to charleston. Two of them have already moved away and the other one is putting there house on the market as soon as it turns around

Old 04-19-2009, 12:45 AM

734 posts, read 2,053,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
it is kind of funny how everyone that moves there from a place other than the south hates it
It's kind of funny how someone can make totally ridiculous generalizations based upon limited anecdotal evidence.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
It's kind of funny how someone can make totally ridiculous generalizations based upon limited anecdotal evidence.
i LIVED in charleston for SIX YEARS. These are not generalizations

Look.... Charleston is fun to visit. But, living there is a different story

Old 04-19-2009, 12:49 AM

734 posts, read 2,053,006 times
No, saying that "everyone that moves there from a place other than the south hates it" is a generalization. Do you not know what the word means, or something?

Old 04-19-2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
No, saying that "everyone that moves there from a place other than the south hates it" is a generalization. Do you not know what the word means, or something?
again...... i have lived there for six years.

i have talked/met MANY people that have moved there from the north.

In general..... the MAJORITY of the people that move there do not like it

the ones that do are around 70 yrs old

Old 04-19-2009, 12:58 AM

806 posts, read 2,959,082 times
I can find a majority of people that like it, I guarantee it. I'm not sure who you talk to in South Carolina, but it seems you attract some of the most bitter people in state.. Perhaps they're attracted to your bitter attitude?

Do you have any fun?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City