U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2012, 09:54 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,834,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExitNY View Post
Imagine natives of a city whose family go back in that city for for 150+ years being criticized for lamenting the change of the city. Would the same critique be leveled at a non-white person lamenting the dilution of his/her culture by the same person? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spare me the leftist "if you white you aint right" baloney. The disappearance of any culture is a sad thing, even if it is white.
So you were talking about white culture?

I thought you just meant your city's character/culture being washed away due to transplants?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 11:51 PM

54 posts, read 68,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliSon View Post
LOL I knew there was some hidden agenda in your first post, ok now imagine having thousands of years of heritage in a nation with no borders and one day some pale skin, blue eyed men come to the shores of this land and divides it up for himself, and casts you out, rapes the land that your people have called home for thousands of years for a profit, kill off the majority of your people......get my drift
A genius in our midst. As per your intelligent assessment, blue eyed men coming to the shores to conquer lands of the indigenous brown eyed people is evil. So how long do the blue eyed people need to be living in a place before an invasion of another brown eyed people actually constitutes an invasion? Millions of years would not satisfy fools like you. Your sanctimonious, condescending treatment of non whites is revolting. I would bet that it makes you feel good, though, huh. That's all that counts, in the end, doesn't it?

Oh, I get your drift, Get my drift?

MMMM, nah.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:57 PM

54 posts, read 68,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyman11 View Post
So you were talking about white culture?

I thought you just meant your city's character/culture being washed away due to transplants?
I really was. The NY culture that is celebrated in the media is the old Italian/Irish/German/Jewish/Black/Puerto Rican, with some homage to Chinese. The regrettable circumstance is that the offerings of each culture have become more of tourism shtick than authentic experience. Its sad as a native to witness the disappearance of the authentic experiences. Idiots take this criticism as racist, but its not. idiots will be idiots.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:04 AM

3,680 posts, read 4,384,485 times
ok..um..just see my post in the NYC vs Chicago thread

Old 02-03-2012, 12:14 AM

897 posts, read 897,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExitNY View Post
A genius in our midst. As per your intelligent assessment, blue eyed men coming to the shores to conquer lands of the indigenous brown eyed people is evil. So how long do the blue eyed people need to be living in a place before an invasion of another brown eyed people actually constitutes an invasion? Millions of years would not satisfy fools like you. Your sanctimonious, condescending treatment of non whites is revolting. I would bet that it makes you feel good, though, huh. That's all that counts, in the end, doesn't it?

Oh, I get your drift, Get my drift?

MMMM, nah.
Actually yes thank you I feel great after reading that, I forgot to add that the invasion of the American culture is not welcomed in the majority of Islamic countries and have even gone to great lengths and measures to prevent it and protest against that invasion I'm sure that's something you must admire and something that you might want to aspire to.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:18 PM

157 posts, read 126,206 times
Let's end it here with a final answer! LA smashed NY with tons more things like the Original Farmer's Market at the Grove in W. Hollywood, Hollywood with its entertainment in its core, Melrose Ave with shopping, Third St. Promenade in Santa Monica, the village in Malibu with the hottest and most beautiful ladies ever(thanks to a knockout from New Zealand, Denmark and some from Oregon and Michigan), N. Hollywood with its Citywalk and Universal Studios, Silverlake and Echo Park neighborhoods with shops/restaurants, Old Pasadena, Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, newly revived Mid Wilshire business district with mixed used high-rises next to subway system, Westwood and Manhattan/Hermosa Beach. NY has absolutely nothing on LA. LA rules and Provides. It's back now better than ever!

Old 07-15-2012, 08:19 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,035,637 times
One of THESE again?

Old 07-15-2012, 09:04 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,028,870 times
Another new york vs L.A thread wow does this ever stop
Finance new york
Buisness new york
Fashion tie
Transportation new york
Food tie
Scenery L.A
Weather L.A
Sports L.A
Women L.A
Entertainment, L.A
Nitelife new york
lower crime new york
Diversity tie
Better location L.A,
T.v films L.A
Theater new york
Fun for kids L.A
skyscrapers new york
Influence tie
Hip hop new york
Rock music L.A
Times square or hollywood blvd
Pac or biggie
Lakers or knicks
Yankees or dodgers
Snow or palm trees
Lmao

Old 07-15-2012, 09:34 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,028,870 times
Lol so L.A defeated the 3 headed monster new york city well if any city can be better than new york it is L.A but let me break it down my dad is from brooklyn my moms from manhattan they came out here to los angeles because my father was shipped to california in his military work they came out here and had me lmao a L.A kid with new york parents how wierd but I've been back in forth my whole life and I'm not gonna be biased L.A got better looking women by far and weather it's more laid back new york is a fast paced city feel L.A can be fast paced in some areas also when you go to new york it can shock you culturally due to the giant skyscrapers and loud noises coming from the taxis L.A people got like a gotta look good attitude stay healthy keep a nice car nice body vibe new york is more dirty by far outside of manhattan is where nyc starts to lose buzz while L.A is like the most diverse place in the world because of the mountains and oceans so really it's based on opinion 8 million people make new york home 9 million people make L.A county home they're neck and neck both world class cities both can say they're the best in the world apple and orange can't compare tho

Old 07-15-2012, 10:40 PM

313 posts, read 275,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
Lol so L.A defeated the 3 headed monster new york city well if any city can be better than new york it is L.A but let me break it down my dad is from brooklyn my moms from manhattan they came out here to los angeles because my father was shipped to california in his military work they came out here and had me lmao a L.A kid with new york parents how wierd but I've been back in forth my whole life and I'm not gonna be biased L.A got better looking women by far and weather it's more laid back new york is a fast paced city feel L.A can be fast paced in some areas also when you go to new york it can shock you culturally due to the giant skyscrapers and loud noises coming from the taxis L.A people got like a gotta look good attitude stay healthy keep a nice car nice body vibe new york is more dirty by far outside of manhattan is where nyc starts to lose buzz while L.A is like the most diverse place in the world because of the mountains and oceans so really it's based on opinion 8 million people make new york home 9 million people make L.A county home they're neck and neck both world class cities both can say they're the best in the world apple and orange can't compare tho

[YT]?v=m_mDTLphIVY[YT/]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or