Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 11:08 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,538,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
Lol... Not anymore. The Bronx is kinda soft. Cool place tho.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 11:14 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
being hard isnt where its at...
Definitely not. It's pointless.

@John Starks, I'm speaking from my experience.

Last edited by KodeBlue; 12-23-2012 at 11:24 PM..

Old 12-26-2012, 05:37 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,273,120 times
NYC - Better City, not much debate.
LA - Better metro, with some room for debate, but I'm standing behind this one.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:10 AM

867 posts, read 1,397,999 times
5 Boroughs or you effin retarded....

Old 12-28-2012, 05:34 AM

662 posts, read 1,282,050 times
NYC is 8 million people packed together like sardines in a can, who can make over $100,000 and still live like poverty. It's a life of standing in very long lines, all the time. And do New Yorkers do any physical activity other than walking? Like actual outdoor sports? Tennis? Golf? Baseball? Football? That's almost a luxury for New Yorkers. Open courts and spaces are everywhere in southern California.

Power and money is centered in NYC. But let's get real. That has nothing to do with you or living in NY. It's not like Donald Trump's success is somehow also your success. OR that's NY's influence on the stock market means that you as a consequence of living in NY, have influence as well. That's laughable. You won't and you will NEVER get to enjoy their money.

It's about living. And living in a house in LA among the hills is much more attractive than renting space in NYC smaller than a bathroom. No thanks.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:54 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran103 View Post
NYC is 8 million people packed together like sardines in a can, who can make over $100,000 and still live like poverty. It's a life of standing in very long lines, all the time. And do New Yorkers do any physical activity other than walking? Like actual outdoor sports? Tennis? Golf? Baseball? Football? That's almost a luxury for New Yorkers. Open courts and spaces are everywhere in southern California.

Power and money is centered in NYC. But let's get real. That has nothing to do with you or living in NY. It's not like Donald Trump's success is somehow also your success. OR that's NY's influence on the stock market means that you as a consequence of living in NY, have influence as well. That's laughable. You won't and you will NEVER get to enjoy their money.

It's about living. And living in a house in LA among the hills is much more attractive than renting space in NYC smaller than a bathroom. No thanks.
Being rich in L.A. is better than being poor in New York. I'm neither..

But I'd rather live in an urban environment with a true city feel than another sterile suburb. Which is why downtown Los Angeles fascinates me so much. It's like the real part of L.A. Like a limb that didn't get a chance to fully develop..

Old 12-28-2012, 09:30 AM

37,148 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:

You seem to be completely misinformed about NYC.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:58 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,515,553 times
Quote:

It's about living. And living in a house in LA among the hills is much more attractive to me than renting space in NYC smaller than a bathroom. No thanks.
Fixed that for you.

I'm also starting to get confused whether NYC is a better fit for sardines living in a can, or rats living in a hole. To me, these species probably don't get along well, are the rats and sardines in NYC integrated and upwardly mobile?

From your posts and others, it seems that NYC somehow represent the evil villains from Captain Planet... attempting to destroy the planet, living with rats, and trying to get all your money

And LA is supposed to be diverse friendly like this, saving the planet and living in a weather paradise where everybody plays volleyball on the beach and picks up trash on the highway on weekends after doing yoga.

courtesy Turner Networks.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:54 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,713,407 times
LA is cool, but no city in North America beats NYC.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:57 PM

996 posts, read 1,897,450 times
Like I said in the NYC vs SanFran thread, I lived in NYC for 12 years, so I vote NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City