U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Best Skyline??
Chicago, IL 150 32.47%
New York City, NY 169 36.58%
Boston, MA 2 0.43%
Seattle, WA 33 7.14%
Miami, FL 10 2.16%
Los Angeles, CA 9 1.95%
Houston, TX 20 4.33%
Dallas, TX 9 1.95%
Denver, CO 13 2.81%
San Fransisco, CA 14 3.03%
Other 33 7.14%
Voters: 462. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-31-2008, 05:54 PM
 
Location: North Central Indiana
980 posts, read 2,859,114 times
Reputation: 285

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Houston, because our skyline is not limited to just the CBD. It is spread out across the city in several locations which means a great view from no matter what part of town you are in (except the east side)
Houstons skyline sounds intresting i'd love to see some pics if you have them.

 
Old 08-01-2008, 02:21 AM
 
Location: tattooine(SoCal)
85 posts, read 90,130 times
Reputation: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoHW View Post
Houstons skyline sounds intresting i'd love to see some pics if you have them.
I would also like to see some pictures of Houston i never seen Houston in a diffrent vantage point.
 
Old 08-01-2008, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Houston
6,846 posts, read 12,394,479 times
Reputation: 5771
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoHW View Post
Houstons skyline sounds intresting i'd love to see some pics if you have them.
i'd love to put up some pics but i have no idea how to do that with my mac. when i had a dell it was alot easier but i'm still trying to figure out the functions on the mac. but i'm sure you can find some great pics with a google search. may i suggest looking up these skylines in the city...uptown, greenway plaza, texas medical center, greenspoint, and westchase district. you might find some cool pics with that...and of course downtown.
 
Old 08-01-2008, 04:28 PM
 
Location: North Central Indiana
980 posts, read 2,859,114 times
Reputation: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
i'd love to put up some pics but i have no idea how to do that with my mac. when i had a dell it was alot easier but i'm still trying to figure out the functions on the mac. but i'm sure you can find some great pics with a google search. may i suggest looking up these skylines in the city...uptown, greenway plaza, texas medical center, greenspoint, and westchase district. you might find some cool pics with that...and of course downtown.
Thanks
 
Old 08-01-2008, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Phoenix metro (Scottsdale), AZ
147 posts, read 331,449 times
Reputation: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Houston, because our skyline is not limited to just the CBD. It is spread out across the city in several locations which means a great view from no matter what part of town you are in (except the east side)
Good point! Houston has a very nice skyline, and yes, it does seem to be scattered about in several different areas. Of course the downtown area has been the vocal point for where my eyes centered though.

Overall though, I am going to have to go with NYC. I don't care if it isn't as "balanced" or "even" as Chicago's is. It is so much wrapped up into on city that it really takes your breath away the first time you see it. I can remember the first time I walked around Time Square. The energy, the pace, the excitment, the noise, the people, the....everything was amazing!!! If I had taken the position in Detroit I woud be in NYC almost once a month. But instead I now travel to LA once a month, and that works for me too. Of course being in downtown LA isn't quite the same as NYC, but both are trully great world cities IMHO.
 
Old 08-02-2008, 07:16 PM
 
149 posts, read 145,541 times
Reputation: 37
New York's skyline is the best in the world. I've been EVERYWHERE and New York's always impresses me. New York is soo beautiful.



http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/2246/2195504825028fa3f078bvqln0.jpg (broken link)


 
Old 08-02-2008, 08:43 PM
 
Location: North Central Indiana
980 posts, read 2,859,114 times
Reputation: 285
New York's Skyline is Nice but then there is CHICAGO!!!


Panorama Shot of Downtown, GNU Version 1.2


Chicago at Night



Chicago's skyline is also rapidly changing, with the addition of many new buildings.
 
Old 08-02-2008, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque, NM - Summerlin, NV
3,436 posts, read 5,786,273 times
Reputation: 682

New York? Beautiful...they need to fix the pollution problem first
You cant see those buildings.. crap i dont thing chicago is that bad

Thats all i can tell from this picture ..YIKES!
 
Old 08-02-2008, 08:52 PM
 
149 posts, read 145,541 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
New York? Beautiful...they need to fix the pollution problem first
You cant see those buildings.. crap i dont thing chicago is that bad

Thats all i can tell from this picture ..YIKES!
Actually, it was taken on a beautiful snowy snowy day, that's why it's blurry. Duh.
 
Old 08-02-2008, 08:55 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque, NM - Summerlin, NV
3,436 posts, read 5,786,273 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by soho111 View Post
Actually, it was taken on a beautiful snowy snowy day, that's why it's blurry. Duh.
Snowy...haha thats funny looks like a foggy day, i think your lost..maybe the pollution is getting to ya you dont have to be such a jerk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top