U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If Santa Fe is my ideal, but it's not a realistic option right now, what is my best real option?
Albuquerque 20 45.45%
Denver 4 9.09%
Other (please write in) 5 11.36%
Just move to Santa Fe, stupid. 15 34.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 11:05 PM

857 posts, read 1,346,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Thanks for the post, Tom. I agree, if I were to move to New Mexico, I would live in Albuquerque and see Santa Fe and the rest of the state on the weekends. Not for the reasons you state though, but rather because I'm under the impression I'd find a lot more young people my age in Albuquerque, whereas Santa Fe is more of a retirement town. As for Placitas-- scenic place, but no thanks. And it's not like I have several $,$$$,$$$ lying around to buy some grand estate there either. I would live in Albuquerque itself.
In reply:
1. Yes Albuquerque average age is much less than Santa Fe. According to Clear Channel (a media company) in 2007, they surveyed 180,000 persons between 18 and 34 years of age in ABQ.
2. Not all places in Placitas are that expensive, and some can be rented - including casitas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 03:26 AM

2,561 posts, read 4,869,411 times
Vegas..I just saw this thread as I was searching another unrelated New Mexico topic:..While of course I am not a citizen of the state of New Mexico; in the past I have had what one might consider a fairly insiders tour to the state by my uncle who was a former county agent for Las Cruces.Rio Rancho..Estancia/Native American laison, and a rather high profile republican figure in state politics.He's taken me to many cultural events at the University in Las Cruces,taken me to sacred Native American places that very few white people have been permitted to see..art openings at some galleries in Santa Fe..lot's of cool things. Any way after fourty+ years of living there he's returned back to Denver area...now living in a new house in Littleton Colo. His move back to Colorado was really more about being close to family and less about any dislike of sorts for ALBQ, his only real chief complaints were the same as the ones we hear in Denver..invasion by outsiders,stronger political divides,crime, but he also cited the lack of greenery there ..not much greenery here, but we do have more. Personally I think Santa Fe is gorgeous...love Tusuque,Albq and always enjoy seeing a fifteenth century constucted kiva still in tact complete with a tv,microwave and fridge..LoL..Love the Santa Fe Opera, and love the tram ride up Sandia followed by dinner up at High Finance. I think ALBQ. would be a great fit if that's where you end up; it's got a lot to offer the outdoor minded SouthWest enthusiast such as yourself..hell it's got to be better than South Central..Also close enough to see your parents once in a while..Sounds like the place for you if you don't stay in Denver..Thanks for letting me ramble..Any way what I was looking for was the Val Kilmer for Gov. thread..that's always interesting..

Last edited by Scott5280; 04-20-2009 at 03:46 AM..

Old 04-20-2009, 11:23 AM

5,607 posts, read 20,188,106 times
Thanks for your post, Scott5280. I agree-- there's really only two places that interest me as of the moment-- Denver, and Albuquerque. No way of knowing whether I would want to live there over the long haul, but I look at Albuquerque as a place I definitely wouldn't mind living in for the time being (or in a few years down the road, perhaps), at least to "try it out." And until I actually have accepted a job offer and start the first day of work, it's still uncertain how this all is going to work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City