Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 01:36 PM

7,048 posts, read 19,200,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
I just think that I wouldn't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money just on a house. It just doesn't make sense to me. Even if money were no object what would I do with a large house?

The more expensive the home is, the higher the mortgage payment would be.

I have to agree that when it snows, you can do alot of outdoor activities, that is VERY true, I can't argue that.

And I'm sure you know that Boston gets heat with high humidity which can weaken a person faster than the arid climate of Phoenix, and that would be another reason to live out in Phoenix.

And in Phoenix even though there are scorpions and other bugs to deal with, I'd say I could handle being in AZ.
Who said you have to buy a large house?

Old 08-02-2008, 05:06 PM

345 posts, read 463,828 times
Garson said:

"The extreme heat is for a very short period of time"

Uh? OK, if you think three months is a very short period of time. Seriously, my younger bro in Phoenix says 90 degree temps aren't so bad at 9:30 PM. I'll pass.

"People in Boston are very driven and intense which is quite unappealing to me."

Fair enough. But..is that not true of NYC people too?

"People in Boston are all about how much money they make and what kind of car they drive."

Insert LA for Boston and even more true.

"These threads do get a little silly - everyone looks for different things that make them happy."

Absolutely!

"Boston is a great city - just for me it is one to visit and not live in."

Fair enough.

I think we all here are pleased you found your place. All the best!

Do you still like the Red Sox?

Old 08-02-2008, 05:13 PM

345 posts, read 463,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScranBarre View Post
Ouch! You know folks, I hate the sprawl and heat of Phoenix just as much as most other rational people from the Northeast do, but some of your comments towards those who are voting in favor of Phoenix are just downright callous. Melanoma? That's nothing to joke about! Ease off a bit, or feel the wrath of the Italian Stallion!
What's Scranton like? I lived for three years in Doylestown when I was young. Went to New Hope, Lambertville, etc. often with friends on our bikes - cool towns by the river (the ducks crossed that bridge at the same place every few hours) and a nice playhouse to boot. I've heard New Hope got tourist'ed to death (sad). Back in the Jessica Savage days we bicycled all over Bucks County. I get my Jones on for Butterscotch Krimpets and Hoagies/Cheese steaks from time to time, but we know no one makes them like they do in PA.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:12 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,684,919 times
Default Phoenix vs. Boston

Here is yet another reason I'd live in Phoenix and not Boston:

I'd pay money to see the Phoenix Suns rather than those Boston Celtics. The Suns play a fast paced, exciting type of basketball(well at least they did under coach D'Antoni) and although their defense hasn't been good enough to win a championship, I'd pay money to watch them play.

Yes the Celtics are a solid team but Boston's style is too defensive and boring. So Phoenix is once again where I'd want to be!

Old 08-03-2008, 12:05 AM

4,552 posts, read 14,973,334 times
Quote:

I'd pay money to see the Phoenix Suns rather than those Boston Celtics. The Suns play a fast paced, exciting type of basketball(well at least they did under coach D'Antoni) and although their defense hasn't been good enough to win a championship, I'd pay money to watch them play.

Yes the Celtics are a solid team but Boston's style is too defensive and boring. So Phoenix is once again where I'd want to be!

I've watched the Suns play in person and let me tell you---BORING!

Old 08-03-2008, 12:23 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,093,806 times
Quote:

Seriously????

PHX's sports teams cant hold a candle to Boston's, with their ultra-weak followings (minus the Suns) and horrible venues and all. Sports is just another area where Boston holds PHX's head in the turd-filled toilet.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:45 AM

147 posts, read 375,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Seriously????

PHX's sports teams cant hold a candle to Boston's, with their ultra-weak followings (minus the Suns) and horrible venues and all. Sports is just another area where Boston holds PHX's head in the turd-filled toilet.
LOL! Yet even more warm, words of wisdom from Chicago's finest!!

Would anyone mind explaining to this guy what the expression "You sound like a broken record" means?

Old 08-03-2008, 12:53 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,684,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Seriously????

I totally agree that Boston's sports teams are better than PHX, no argument there. But staying on topic, I was just saying that for me, I'd rather be in Phoenix and watch the Suns play, its a personal preference.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:53 AM

134 posts, read 144,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona sunset View Post
LOL! Yet even more warm, words of wisdom from Chicago's finest!!

Would anyone mind explaining to this guy what the expression "You sound like a broken record" means?

Wow, no kidding. This guy has some serious issues when it comes to Phoenix. Man, can you imagine hating a place so much? It's really rather pathetic. Hell, I noticed he even hangs out on the Phoenix forum. What an obsession this kid has.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:56 AM

149 posts, read 198,464 times
Boston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City