Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 12:08 AM

1,734 posts, read 5,688,823 times

Advertisements

People should really start putting a "neither" option on these things. lmao

Old 08-03-2008, 11:04 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingthecow View Post
Wow, no kidding. This guy has some serious issues when it comes to Phoenix. Man, can you imagine hating a place so much? It's really rather pathetic. Hell, I noticed he even hangs out on the Phoenix forum. What an obsession this kid has.
In case youre wondering, Im contributing to PUBLIC FORUM with MY OPINION. Sorry, but I dislike PHX and am very vocal about it. Sure beats roaming around the boards (ie you and az sunset) and following me everywhere. Just curious guys, how do you find the time to get off your mothe, er, couches and attack me everywhere? Hmmm? Talk about "obsessions".

Oh and, uh, get a life. And if youre lucky, escape the PHX area, it might be good for you. Heck, you might even gain a few IQ points by just leaving the city limits!

Old 08-03-2008, 11:34 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,610,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
Here is yet another reason I'd live in Phoenix and not Boston:

I'd pay money to see the Phoenix Suns rather than those Boston Celtics. The Suns play a fast paced, exciting type of basketball(well at least they did under coach D'Antoni) and although their defense hasn't been good enough to win a championship, I'd pay money to watch them play.

Yes the Celtics are a solid team but Boston's style is too defensive and boring. So Phoenix is once again where I'd want to be!
Yeah, after what the Celtics did to the Lakers I think Boston will keep the championship for a while. Suns are a tough team & can never be ruled out of the finals.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:03 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,962,618 times
Seems to me, it's all a matter of personal preference. Boston clearly has it all over Phoenix when it comes to history, art, culture, business, but I'd take Phoenix which despite 4 months of sizzles has a wonderful climate and tons of sunshine. Boston is the better city, but Phoenix is more desirable to me....

Old 08-03-2008, 02:14 PM

389 posts, read 1,095,823 times
Boston, hands down.

I dislike Phoenix on principle.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:55 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,009,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
In case youre wondering, Im contributing to PUBLIC FORUM with MY OPINION. Sorry, but I dislike PHX and am very vocal about it.
But yet you have been to Phoenix many times.

If I hate a place, I'm not going to make a point to return, especially with my precious vacation time.

The incessant hate and verbal diarrhea you and ScranBarre spew (pun intended) about Phoenix gets between you and ScranBarre makes me believe that both of you are envious of our city.

If you and ScranBarre's opinions are opinions most people shared, people wouldn't be moving to the Valley in droves.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:59 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,009,624 times
I personally hate Boston. The weather is horrible. The people who live in Boston think the city is much more important than it actually is. The price of housing is out of control. The city is too congested. The accents are horrid. The sports fans are obnoxious.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:04 AM

5,816 posts, read 15,915,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
Here is yet another reason I'd live in Phoenix and not Boston:

I'd pay money to see the Phoenix Suns rather than those Boston Celtics. The Suns play a fast paced, exciting type of basketball(well at least they did under coach D'Antoni) and although their defense hasn't been good enough to win a championship, I'd pay money to watch them play.

Yes the Celtics are a solid team but Boston's style is too defensive and boring. So Phoenix is once again where I'd want to be!
There's nothing boring about a championship.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:06 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
I would definitely choose Phoenix over Boston. I actually had to choose between going to college in either of these two cities almost five years ago, and I went with ASU. I think it was a good choice. I'm sure Boston is an excellent place for many people, but Boston is just too old, too old world, too snobby, too left wing, and too grimy for me. However, given the choice, I'd way rather live in some of the nice parts of LA (if money was no issue and I could actually afford it), San Diego, Denver, Albuquerque or Tucson before I'd live in Phoenix again. Heck, I'd even consider several cities in the midwest first before I'd jump back to Phoenix. The #1 reason I left Phoenix is I couldn't stand the never ending, barbaric heat. I had enough and tossed in the towel. The city is okay; I like some of the old 1950s/60s era neighborhoods (Arcadia, downtown and south Scottsdale, and Tempe were my favorite areas) that have been kept in pretty good shape, but when you consider its size, the city is just not awesome enough for me to want to put up with the heat just to live there. If the climate there was even just a little bit cooler I would still live there, but it's plain over-the-top too hot. Especially last year, I felt like I was throwing my life in the garbage can for half the year. Phoenix was a great location to put an agricultural valley (what it was for most of its modern existence), but a pretty lousy location to put a city of 4 million people. But I love the southwest so much I would still put up with Phoenix over Boston.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:31 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,695,773 times
[quote=miamiman;4720197]I personally hate Boston. The weather is horrible. The price of housing is out of control.

Of course, I also think when you have to put up with snow, ice and strong winds, that isn't the most comfortable weather condition to be in. I have heard Boston is REALLY expensive too.

I am in complete agreement with what you just said as I could not have said it any better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City