Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most overrated city in the US
New York City 340 21.82%
Los Angeles, California 336 21.57%
Atlanta, Georgia 351 22.53%
Orlando, Florida 243 15.60%
Washington, D.C. 107 6.87%
Miami, Florida 197 12.64%
Chicago, Illinois 163 10.46%
San Francisco, California 168 10.78%
Austin, Texas 298 19.13%
Las Vegas, Nevada 269 17.27%
Honolulu, Hawaii 73 4.69%
Other 135 8.66%
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 11 0.71%
New Orleans, Louisiana 9 0.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1558. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 09:31 PM

287 posts, read 340,851 times

Advertisements

New York gets underserved attention. Philadelphia, on the other hand is underrated. Philly has the best arts scene and yet nobody even notices it!

Old 03-11-2013, 03:28 AM

1,076 posts, read 1,395,507 times
Nashville is overrated. It's "Music City" nickname is a total joke in the eyes of people who aren't fans of country music. Many other cities have more diverse music scenes than Nashville. Let's not forget that they anointed themselves "Music City" without taking the temperature from the rest of the nation.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:31 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,152,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceter View Post
Nashville is overrated. It's "Music City" nickname is a total joke in the eyes of people who aren't fans of country music. Many other cities have more diverse music scenes than Nashville. Let's not forget that they anointed themselves "Music City" without taking the temperature from the rest of the nation.
I've been to Nashville and bedsides Belle Meade Broadway and the area around Vanderbilt I wasn't too impressed by it.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:44 AM

725 posts, read 1,211,252 times
Atlanta..... Very overrated..

Old 03-11-2013, 11:01 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,579,676 times
I love Dallas and Austin, but for some reason Houston doesn't do it for me. Too sprawly.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:39 PM

19 posts, read 31,051 times
Atlanta is one of the most overrated and overhyped cities in here in the US. Just about eveywhere I go or everytime I'm get on this computer or when I turn on the tv or when I read a magazine or listen to the radio there's always someone boosting up Atlanta's image and advertizing Atlanta's growth and all it's attractions. I mean from people talking about this building a new Atlanta Falcons stadium to bringing just about every headquarter company to Atlanta and building more apartment buildings and building more shopping centers. And when I go on a page about sports like football or basketball there's always a mention about Atlanta and it's success in the sports world and how every male athlete wants to play for an Atlanta team because Atlanta is where it's at all of a sudden. I'm also getting sick of all these Atlanta based reality tv shows and all these films being filmed in Atlanta. I'm sick of people putting Atlanta on a pedestal every chance they get just to get people irritated, I'm talking about people that don't like Atlanta like me. I'm one person that doesn't like Atlanta at all. I'm sick of people mentioning Atlanta on tv sitcoms. People have gotten out of hand over Atlanta and people have ran Atlanta into the ground. People just keep saying stuff like Atlanta is going to keep growing and adding more attractions and people are going to keep moving to Atlanta forever and ever because Atlanta has a lot going for it and Atlanta is going to continue prospering. People love to say this about Atlanta and people love to say that Atlanta has the biggest airport and the biggest aquarium and that Atlanta and Georgia as a whole has the most companies and has the most headquarters in this country. And people have also said that Georgia Tech is one of the best colleges in this country for everything and they've also said that about 95% of young people in this country want to go to Georgia Tech. Georgia as a whole has gotten the most attention out of any other state. People need to stop focusing all their attention on Atlanta and Georgia as a whole. People need to stop putting Atlanta and Georgia as a whole on a pedestal and stop trying to make Atlanta and Georgia as a whole so high, mighty and powerful.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:32 PM

27,560 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravegirl View Post
Atlanta is one of the most overrated and overhyped cities in here in the US. Just about eveywhere I go or everytime I'm get on this computer or when I turn on the tv or when I read a magazine or listen to the radio there's always someone boosting up Atlanta's image and advertizing Atlanta's growth and all it's attractions. I mean from people talking about this building a new Atlanta Falcons stadium to bringing just about every headquarter company to Atlanta and building more apartment buildings and building more shopping centers. And when I go on a page about sports like football or basketball there's always a mention about Atlanta and it's success in the sports world and how every male athlete wants to play for an Atlanta team because Atlanta is where it's at all of a sudden. I'm also getting sick of all these Atlanta based reality tv shows and all these films being filmed in Atlanta. I'm sick of people putting Atlanta on a pedestal every chance they get just to get people irritated, I'm talking about people that don't like Atlanta like me. I'm one person that doesn't like Atlanta at all. I'm sick of people mentioning Atlanta on tv sitcoms. People have gotten out of hand over Atlanta and people have ran Atlanta into the ground. People just keep saying stuff like Atlanta is going to keep growing and adding more attractions and people are going to keep moving to Atlanta forever and ever because Atlanta has a lot going for it and Atlanta is going to continue prospering. People love to say this about Atlanta and people love to say that Atlanta has the biggest airport and the biggest aquarium and that Atlanta and Georgia as a whole has the most companies and has the most headquarters in this country. And people have also said that Georgia Tech is one of the best colleges in this country for everything and they've also said that about 95% of young people in this country want to go to Georgia Tech. Georgia as a whole has gotten the most attention out of any other state. People need to stop focusing all their attention on Atlanta and Georgia as a whole. People need to stop putting Atlanta and Georgia as a whole on a pedestal and stop trying to make Atlanta and Georgia as a whole so high, mighty and powerful.
Wow, where do you live that you constantly hear about Atlanta like that? I almost never do IRL.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:07 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
Atlanta is over rated. It's an ok place but I don't get tired of hearing about it. It will be interesting to see how well Atlanta age now that it's an established city.

I'm surprised Nashville is getting as much hype as it is. There are other cities that are the same size that has more culture and more variety of things to do and better paying jobs that are safer. I guess it's kind of the new kid on the block as far as coverage goes.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:15 AM

1,076 posts, read 1,395,507 times
Yeah, they've been shoving Atlanta down our throats for a minute. I don't get it. There's nothing fascinating or intriguing about Atlanta whatsoever.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:27 AM

2,856 posts, read 4,617,717 times
Overrated city....in other words, I wish the city I lived in was as popular and had the image as the city I'm calling "overrated".

Reminds me of superstars in sports.....Someone will always find a reason to call the superstars overrated....Meanwhile, it's jealously...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City