U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most overrated city in the US
New York City 340 21.82%
Los Angeles, California 336 21.57%
Atlanta, Georgia 351 22.53%
Orlando, Florida 243 15.60%
Washington, D.C. 107 6.87%
Miami, Florida 197 12.64%
Chicago, Illinois 163 10.46%
San Francisco, California 168 10.78%
Austin, Texas 298 19.13%
Las Vegas, Nevada 269 17.27%
Honolulu, Hawaii 73 4.69%
Other 135 8.66%
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 11 0.71%
New Orleans, Louisiana 9 0.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1558. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:24 AM

2,311 posts, read 4,081,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Yes.
It's my opinion... what's your problem?
No problem. It was ironic, that's all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Old 03-19-2013, 01:37 PM

8,287 posts, read 11,474,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey mouse is dead View Post
Orlando by far! Ask anyone in any other city who have never been to Orlando, and they will automatically think that it is endless amounts of fun! Like if Mickey Mouse would wake up next to you and make you coffee in the morning! Orlando is a mid size city with a bunch of house developments, an ok downtown and strip malls everywhere you look! It's not bad, but its not the capital of entertainment.
Couldn't have said it better myself! Once you move away from the theme parks and International Drive, Orlando descends into this sprawling strip mall city with absolutely no semblance of a real city except for it's very small downtown. Seriously one of the ugliest city I have ever lived in.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:00 PM

14,006 posts, read 21,956,970 times
The Orlando area has nice landscapes. It has hilly areas that aren't found in other parts of Florida.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:32 PM

264 posts, read 789,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravegirl View Post
Atlanta is one of the most overrated and overhyped cities in here in the US. Just about eveywhere I go or everytime I'm get on this computer or when I turn on the tv or when I read a magazine or listen to the radio there's always someone boosting up Atlanta's image and advertizing Atlanta's growth and all it's attractions. I mean from people talking about this building a new Atlanta Falcons stadium to bringing just about every headquarter company to Atlanta and building more apartment buildings and building more shopping centers. And when I go on a page about sports like football or basketball there's always a mention about Atlanta and it's success in the sports world and how every male athlete wants to play for an Atlanta team because Atlanta is where it's at all of a sudden. I'm also getting sick of all these Atlanta based reality tv shows and all these films being filmed in Atlanta. I'm sick of people putting Atlanta on a pedestal every chance they get just to get people irritated, I'm talking about people that don't like Atlanta like me. I'm one person that doesn't like Atlanta at all. I'm sick of people mentioning Atlanta on tv sitcoms. People have gotten out of hand over Atlanta and people have ran Atlanta into the ground. People just keep saying stuff like Atlanta is going to keep growing and adding more attractions and people are going to keep moving to Atlanta forever and ever because Atlanta has a lot going for it and Atlanta is going to continue prospering. People love to say this about Atlanta and people love to say that Atlanta has the biggest airport and the biggest aquarium and that Atlanta and Georgia as a whole has the most companies and has the most headquarters in this country. And people have also said that Georgia Tech is one of the best colleges in this country for everything and they've also said that about 95% of young people in this country want to go to Georgia Tech. Georgia as a whole has gotten the most attention out of any other state. People need to stop focusing all their attention on Atlanta and Georgia as a whole. People need to stop putting Atlanta and Georgia as a whole on a pedestal and stop trying to make Atlanta and Georgia as a whole so high, mighty and powerful.
I hope you feel better after that long rant of a sentence you posted.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:35 PM

109 posts, read 102,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself! Once you move away from the theme parks and International Drive, Orlando descends into this sprawling strip mall city with absolutely no semblance of a real city except for it's very small downtown. Seriously one of the ugliest city I have ever lived in.
Please.... Orlando has good night life and a nice walkable downtown! By your username, I'm going to guess you live or lived in Miami. Miami is the ugliest city in florida, except for two actually nice high rises! In miami, there's more people that speak spanish then english! How could someone who only spoke english live there! Orlando, an ugly city? With its numerous lakes, springs and abundance of trees....i guess they reclassified what an ugly city looks like today. You know, Miami is so nice, its endless miles of concrete, horrible traffic, and rude people is just what I was looking for!

Old 03-20-2013, 08:40 AM

582 posts, read 954,307 times
Quote:
New Orleans.

It has a crime/murder rate comparable to several Latin America's cities.

It is filthy.

Its downtown is a nasty collection of tacky and/or dilapidated buildings.

It lacks class.

Poverty and urban blight are widespread.

Granted, the French Quarter is nice, but it's quite small: not enough to save that overrated city...
Oh, Italian user I agree. NOLA truly stands out in this country, but not in a positive way.

- High Crime
- Murder rate resembling Caracus and Juarez
- The major stated he wanted to make New Orleans a chocolate city and is now on his way to prison for corruption
- They keep stealing my tax dollars
- Located in a swamp
- Tacky Architecture
- Lacks sophistication, basically savages
- High Poverty
- I could go on. Etc, etc, etc

Old 03-20-2013, 08:44 AM

361 posts, read 605,624 times
I do not care where you are or where you are from - every city in America has an inflated opinion of itself. It is universal.

Even the small ones.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:52 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,301,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Oh, Italian user I agree. NOLA truly stands out in this country, but not in a positive way.

- High Crime
- Murder rate resembling Caracus and Juarez
- The major stated he wanted to make New Orleans a chocolate city and is now on his way to prison for corruption
- They keep stealing my tax dollars
- Located in a swamp
- Tacky Architecture
- Lacks sophistication, basically savages
- High Poverty
- I could go on. Etc, etc, etc
And have you noticed that NO's inhabitants praise that dump as if it was Heaven on Earth?

Old 03-20-2013, 12:14 PM

582 posts, read 954,307 times
Quote:
And have you noticed that NO's inhabitants praise that dump as if it was Heaven on Earth?
Lol, yes I have noticed. NOLA is truly third world in many areas. I would have a hard time deciding on a vacation between New Orleans and many dangerous/third world countries like Syria, Lebanon and Cambodia for example.

I even hate the sports culture with all of the LSU gear everywhere. The saints never should have hosted the Super Bowl, but it was nothing more than charity because they need the tourism dollars. And when the Saints won the Super Bowl all of those swamp people were screaming "who dat". Lol, way to keep it classy NOLA.

Ugh, everything about the city is low class to me. They started off on the wrong foot from day one to me though because their location is in a swamp.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:27 PM

9,972 posts, read 14,017,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
I even hate the sports culture with all of the LSU gear everywhere. The saints never should have hosted the Super Bowl, but it was nothing more than charity because they need the tourism dollars. And when the Saints won the Super Bowl all of hose swamp people were screaming " who dat".
New Orleans has hosted the Super Bowl 10 times since 1970--seven of those times in the SuperDome--and the reason is because it's already a popular destination for tourism and they have a venue of the size needed. "The Saints" don't host the Super Bowl... Swamp people...yeah sure.

Also it's funny that a Philly booster is criticizing New Orleans for having a high crime rate and poverty rates when anytime someone brings up that point about many of the neighborhoods in Philly, it's always a response of "Oh, we can't talk about that---you don't know the history of Philadelphia and what happened to it."

Last edited by Deezus; 03-20-2013 at 12:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or