U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most overrated city in the US
New York City 340 21.82%
Los Angeles, California 336 21.57%
Atlanta, Georgia 351 22.53%
Orlando, Florida 243 15.60%
Washington, D.C. 107 6.87%
Miami, Florida 197 12.64%
Chicago, Illinois 163 10.46%
San Francisco, California 168 10.78%
Austin, Texas 298 19.13%
Las Vegas, Nevada 269 17.27%
Honolulu, Hawaii 73 4.69%
Other 135 8.66%
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 11 0.71%
New Orleans, Louisiana 9 0.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1558. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 04:48 PM

92 posts, read 148,187 times

Advertisements

why does everyone have a problem with others thinking NYC is overrated, but hardly anyone cares about people saying LA is overrated? lol

with me it has nothing to do with how the city advertises itself. i think nyc is overrated only in the sense of all these people thinking/claiming that the best of every-single-thing in the country(or sometimes world) is found in nyc or from nyc. like something being from nyc automatically makes it the best. it's silly. it's mostly annoying from people that aren't from there, have never been there or have only been once or twice and haven't even explored half a borough...so they don't know about anything there. they just admire it so much they think the best of everything is there. so it has nothing to do with the city itself or what it has. to me its basically the admirers' ridiculous thoughts of it that makes it overrated.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:55 PM

13,976 posts, read 18,700,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shani NC View Post
why does everyone have a problem with others thinking NYC is overrated, but hardly anyone cares about people saying LA is overrated? lol

with me it has nothing to do with how the city advertises itself. i think nyc is overrated only in the sense of all these people thinking/claiming that the best of every-single-thing in the country(or sometimes world) is found in nyc or from nyc. like something being from nyc automatically makes it the best. it's silly. it's mostly annoying from people that aren't from there, have never been there or have only been once or twice and haven't even explored half a borough...so they don't know about anything there. they just admire it so much they think the best of everything is there. so it has nothing to do with the city itself or what it has. to me its basically the admirers' ridiculous thoughts of it that makes it overrated.
Brilliant!

Old 03-09-2011, 07:59 PM

3,012 posts, read 5,170,950 times
Quote:
why does everyone have a problem with others thinking NYC is overrated, .
Because there are many things thats overrated in this world... And NYC isnt one of them

Old 03-09-2011, 08:07 PM

239 posts, read 231,735 times
Quote:

Actually, NYC advertises itself just about right since year after year NYC is continually voted America's favorite city by surveys and polls released from travel agencies and magazines.

NYC isn't advertising itself as anything, blame Hollywood and visitors/admirers from mainland United States (who make NYC the most visited city in the United States) for "overrating" NYC, not New Yorkers.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:18 PM

999 posts, read 1,392,020 times
The only city that I found overrated was Los Angeles. I think what killed it for me was Hollywood and Beverly Hills, I feel those two areas are so overrated and I really disliked them and wanted to get out of them ASAP. The rest of the city I liked, not loved, but liked, but definitely was impressed more by my visit on the same trip to San Diego than L.A.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:24 PM
DMV

559 posts, read 913,487 times
LOL at this thread.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:36 PM

92 posts, read 148,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAC NY View Post
Actually, NYC advertises itself just about right since year after year NYC is continually voted America's favorite city by surveys and polls released from travel agencies and magazines.

NYC isn't advertising itself as anything, blame Hollywood and visitors/admirers from mainland United States (who make NYC the most visited city in the United States) for "overrating" NYC, not New Yorkers.
well i said it has nothing to do with how it advertises itself or what it has. and it has nothing to do with it being ranked people's favorite city. that's expected. it's people's idea that the best of everything is in or from nyc...JUST because its nyc. that's the only thing that makes it overrated for me.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:22 PM

639 posts, read 1,083,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
so now you just make up stuff to put Ca down? This coming from a resident of a state that is proud of George Bush!
George Bush sings for black people.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:28 PM

639 posts, read 1,083,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Are you suggesting that Atlanta having a very large gay population is a bad thing?

If you are gay, then it's good thing for obvious reasons.

If you are straight like myself, it's awesome because that means there are lot of single women. Wait, let me rephrase that, a lot of single fine women who have hard time getting a date due to all the gayness. Back in my single days, I dated so many women it was exhausting. And by dating I mean boning. #winning

Besides, who are you to cast stones? Aren't you from Charlotte? I once say someone fall over and die right in the middle of the street from boredom there.

I kid, I kid. Charlotte is EXCITING.
Yes Atlanta has many hot women, who are actually men with plastic surgery dressed like women, and I'm sure you "boned" many of them during your experimental period in life.

Classy ATL cougars.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:36 PM

7,794 posts, read 11,727,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
Yes Atlanta has many hot women, who are actually men with plastic surgery dressed like women, and I'm sure you "boned" many of them during your experimental period in life.

Classy ATL cougars.
Is that fake show the Real Houswives the only thing you bring up about Atlanta?

That's not even reality dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or