U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you like better?
San Diego 89 44.95%
Los Angeles 109 55.05%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 08:27 AM

692 posts, read 2,372,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Both cities are nice, but I prefer San Diego. It's cleaner, safer, and has a lot less traffic.

I'm surprised that LA actually appears to be winning...C-D tends to be very pro-San Diego, and very anti-LA
I bet L.A. is garnishing the never been there star in the eye
barely English literate vote.
The well adjusted family value ( not to be confused with the
over the top we're holier than thou family value ) but really
loving life vote goes to San Diego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 08:01 PM

16 posts, read 58,673 times
i voted for la, but do love san diego justs feels too small for my tastes.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:22 PM

980 posts, read 2,859,114 times
San Diego here, still If I could choose from any California city, I would probably move up to the SF bay area or Sacramento.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:23 PM

68 posts, read 101,367 times
What the Hell do sandiegans allways go through such drastic measures to win in something. Just kidding I love San Diego i was born there

Old 09-09-2008, 09:36 PM

31,575 posts, read 53,103,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
we don't have the ego's of CA's two other egotistical cities (i.e SF and LA)
I have to agree.

SF and LA have huge egos.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:21 PM

16 posts, read 58,673 times
It's because there 2 world class cities, same way Houston and Dallas rival each other. Some people just can't get along I guess.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:30 PM

521 posts, read 1,459,695 times
I love San Diego. By far, one of hte best areas to live in the US. If you want a chill place, relax in life, party, San Diego is perfect.

But LA is LA. You cant compare the two. LA has something for everyone. Whether your goal in life is to just get by and live life coasting it, or if you want the hustle n bustle life of a suit.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:40 AM

926 posts, read 2,757,925 times
okay, i've been to LA twice in the past 9 days. i did all the big city things, like go to the beach, wilshire/beverly hills/rodeo, hollywood blvd, downtown, universal city, etc. and if u consider orange county LA as well, i did many things there too and i go there often, but san diego is just as close to parts of orange county as LA is to orange county (take, south orange county communities/cities, for example, which are orange county's nice spots anyway). i love LA and california would not be what it is without this juggernaut behemoth, but i just gotta say, san diego is much cleaner, easier going, has a more happening downtown, has better beaches, and more down to earth people. it also has less of an illegal immigrant infestation and is safer and feels much more integrated. anyone who has spent a tremendous amount of time in both cities will agree. LA is busier, yes, but is that really a good thing? how many busy spots do you seriously need to have in order to enjoy a city? san diego has busy spots too, do you really need more then a few? you're better off establishing your presence in a few places anyway that are nearby. what will LA's size and scope do for your personal life or for your lifestyle mode? it's not like you can be in all places at one time anyway. even us san diegans can get to some places in the greater LA area even faster then people that live in the city of Los Angeles or in Orange County (take, for instance, many parts of Riverside and San Bernardino). we don't have the mass traffic problem LA has. we enjoy fresher air and friendlier people. sure, many statements i'm making sound subjective, but when you experience both places for yourself, you will see my subjective statements are just as good as objective ones

i voted san diego, not because i live here, but rather, for the reason on why i choose not to live in LA

Last edited by SouthCali4LifeSD; 09-10-2008 at 01:49 AM..

Old 09-10-2008, 02:30 AM

7,731 posts, read 11,943,900 times
Los Angeles.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:20 AM

1,423 posts, read 4,136,551 times
I'm Voting for San Diego why that place is so underrated compared to LA and SF,I Like the laid-back style and 70 degrees year round weather.In LA it sometimes gets a little to hot exceeding 90 degrees.San Diego has some awesome Beaches as well with LA Area.I Love LA but i Like San Diego better especially if i wanted to raise kids i would choose San Diego.( Let's not start a war between any Californian cities like SD,LA,SF,SAC Each city is unique in its own way and all these cities are in the same state so back each other up don't let people like Futcha ruin our pride as a state b/c he thinks California is Sh1t or perhaps the whole WestCoast to. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City