U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you like better?
San Diego 89 44.95%
Los Angeles 109 55.05%
Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2016, 10:12 AM

2,436 posts, read 1,973,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
I'm saying Hippies, hipsters and tree-huggers and marijuana culture people.

LA is more fashion and Hollywood type. Not people wearing marijuana clothing or hippie clothing and smoking in public.
I get the impression you either have never lived in Los Angeles for a long period of time, or you've visited, but you only visited a small portion, because this statement has false written all over it. Have you ever stepped foot in Venice, walked through Hollywood, on Melrose, etc.?

You honestly believe the majority of Los Angeles is all about fashion and Hollywood?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 10:17 AM

1,227 posts, read 1,117,234 times
Lol Jesus Christ...so many stereotypes in this thread.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,340 times
When people think of the good life in California, they are thinking of San Diego or Orange County.

Los Angeles on the other hand, apart from the westside and few other small nodes, is most people's idea of a craphole.

Old 03-20-2016, 01:31 PM

145 posts, read 283,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SccMan View Post
When people think of the good life in California, they are thinking of San Diego or Orange County.

Los Angeles on the other hand, apart from the westside and few other small nodes, is most people's idea of a craphole.
Maybe I'm just not most people, but I love Los Angeles. I don't know why would someone call it a craphole if you don't live in South LA. I travel often and can't wait to get back to LA because of the city alone. Just me tho. I've been to SD, and it's an awesome city, but I would never exchange LA for SD or especially OC. It's just too boring there, little action, not as many things to do as there are in LA. Los Angeles has everything you may ever want, including the bad stuff, of course (homeless, traffic).

Old 03-20-2016, 11:52 PM

1,687 posts, read 901,000 times
You're speaking for yourself. The reality is, people vote with their feet.
So take your trolling somewhere else.

You still didn't answer what parts of LA are crap holes. I bet if you tried, Id shoot your bs down.

I like San Diego, but it's not all great there either. East county, south Bay etc didn't look great or attractive to me..

And la's west side is frigging huge. So the nice areas are far larger and more populated than San Diego's.

Also, orange County is the LA suburbs. So the nice areas there are in the la metro.

Last edited by JMT; 03-21-2016 at 10:16 AM..

Old 03-21-2016, 10:17 AM

5,807 posts, read 10,340,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
I'm saying Hippies, hipsters and tree-huggers and marijuana culture people.

LA is more fashion and Hollywood type. Not people wearing marijuana clothing or hippie clothing and smoking in public.
your post is funny. San Diego is not Eureka, CA or Portland, OR. There is nothing overtly hippie about San Diego any more than other cities.

And like others said, San Diego County (outside the city limits) is more politically conservative than just about anywhere in SoCal.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:19 AM

5,807 posts, read 10,340,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
San Diego and Orange County are historically moderately conservative. Depending on where you are in LA there are quite a few conservative patches (South Bay) but it's also not a city of nose in the air Democrats either. It's pretty toned down politically compared to DC, SF, BOS NYC etc.
Yep. That's another thing I love about greater LA!! Its generally liberal, but no insufferably so!!

Old 03-21-2016, 11:16 AM

15,404 posts, read 24,380,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
And like others said, San Diego County (outside the city limits) is more politically conservative than just about anywhere in SoCal.
No it's not; Parts of Orange County, San Bernardino, and Riverside are easily just as conservative, if not more, as anything in SD County.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:26 AM

15,404 posts, read 24,380,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
You're speaking for yourself. The reality is, people vote with their feet.
So is that why LA has negative net domestic migration then? More people moving away than in.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:42 AM

1,687 posts, read 901,000 times
So does NYC.

But they're still the two most popular cities in America by far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City