U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2008, 11:13 PM

13,236 posts, read 24,407,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
Salt Lake City is the creepiest place I've ever been.
For me, it was Colorado Springs. It's only an hour away to boot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 11:15 PM

1,119 posts, read 3,817,916 times
Default ...

There are conservative cities???

I mean, Omaha a city (with some recent big annexations) of about 450,000 people within 'city limits' is a blue city in one of the most red states in the nation..

Sometimes I wonder when Omaha is going to secede from the state of Nebraska and make Iowa its new home..

With that said I have no issues with any conservatives, except for the 'little limbaugh's and savages' those people give me the heeby jeebies!!

Old 08-16-2008, 11:17 PM

2,418 posts, read 4,195,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
For me, it was Colorado Springs. It's only an hour away to boot!

Unless Colorado Springs has a Mormon hive, I find it hard to believe it's as creepy.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:42 AM

1,020 posts, read 3,068,137 times
Quote:
Social conservatism will one day go the way of the dinosaurs, which did, in fact, exist.

I'm more libertarian than anything, but thank your local liberals for such downfalls of society as the end of slavery (Republicans, back when the Democrats were the conservatives) and the end of Jim Crow (ditto). Next up: Gays are people too!

I can't wait for the day when bibles (or korans...you people hate the moslems, but how different are they really?) are featured in museums as curiosity pieces. And spare me the "not all christians are backwards-thinking troglodytes"...I know that. I'm directing this at the average bible-thumping conservative. Your days are numbered.

Signed,

A native of Richmond, VA...conservative stronghold.

Edit- I also lived in San Francisco and Seattle and am no fan of humorless liberal types. So much for pigeonholing me.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:15 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,085 posts, read 11,450,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
Yeah... did he just insinuate we should still have slavery?

Old 08-17-2008, 07:39 AM

13,236 posts, read 24,407,950 times
Quote:
Unless Colorado Springs has a Mormon hive, I find it hard to believe it's as creepy.
No, mostly evangelicals. I might find SLC more creepy, but it's been so long since I've been there. Colorado Springs is just more fresh in my mind.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:23 AM

2,418 posts, read 4,195,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
Yeah... did he just insinuate we should still have slavery?
I guess you don't get sarcasm. I should have said liberals are responsible for such "downfalls of society" as the end of slavery, etc.

Edit: I just re-read my post and I don't really find the wording (or where I was coming from) too confusing.

For the record, I despise social conservatism and am basically saying that if it had prevailed in the late 19th and mid-20th centuries, we'd still have slavery and/or Jim Crow laws.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:26 AM

18,637 posts, read 27,042,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
There are conservative cities???

I mean, Omaha a city (with some recent big annexations) of about 450,000 people within 'city limits' is a blue city in one of the most red states in the nation..

Sometimes I wonder when Omaha is going to secede from the state of Nebraska and make Iowa its new home..

With that said I have no issues with any conservatives, except for the 'little limbaugh's and savages' those people give me the heeby jeebies!!
Oklahoma City, Tulsa, and Jacksonville (I believe) are just a few of the major conservative cities.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:34 AM

4,382 posts, read 15,319,905 times
it just hit me why they might not get any love (or around here at least). Maybe because these cities are so undense and unwalkable so people who love cities don't love these cities

Old 08-17-2008, 12:29 PM

7,653 posts, read 15,328,985 times
Quote:
Another reason is that most cities are populated by forward-thinking individuals who don't care about things like who marries whom. Life would be ten times more interesting without social conservatives. I guess it's just a matter of time.
Are you kidding?

Taking into mind the difference in fertility rates between liberals and conservatives, I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City