U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2008, 01:43 AM

550 posts, read 1,972,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
No, mostly evangelicals. I might find SLC more creepy, but it's been so long since I've been there. Colorado Springs is just more fresh in my mind.
Dude, you really need to visit Salt Lake City again. You've got no idea how much it's changed in the past ten years. Yeah, the liquor laws are still dumb and downtown is still dead, but it's changed. It ain't creepy.

Salt Lake City isn't really conservative itself; the suburbs and the state is. Salt Lake's had a liberal mayor since 1974. A lot of the comments about the city are wholly stereotypes. There aren't Mormons outside supermarkets trying to convert you; yeah, I'm biased towards my native city, but the things people say about the city are outrageous. For the record, I'm not Mormon either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 09:11 AM

3,254 posts, read 5,407,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Rockford is no suburb of Chicago and Santa Cruz is no way a suburb of San Francisco or for that matter neither is Stockton , but in 20 years both Stockton and Santa Cruz will be suburbs of San Francisco...Oakland...San Jose..Super MegaMetro Area.....Rockford
will not be a part of Chicago Metro...I'm from Vallejo Cali part of the Bay Area and My Wife Family Is From Milwaukee Wisconsin and we know the Bay Area and Chicago and Milwaukee...
So take my word for it...
Stockton is not the Bay, but many Tracy people DO consider themselves the Bay believe it or not (perhaps it's because they all came from Oakland) while others state they are Sacramento (which i don't see at all even though the TV there is Sacto).

Well considering I lived in Chicago for 3 years and the people I know in Rockford Identify with both Madison and Chicago. I was raised in Santa Cruz and raised also in San Anselmo which is at either end of the bay, I do realize what I am saying is true to MANY people. Just not some of you.

When it comes to TV markets ROCKFORD is in Chicago and a part of the Chicago market just as Santa Cruz is part of the SF market. these are suburbs of the larger city.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:42 PM

9,467 posts, read 12,305,014 times
Default T.V. Market Has Nothing To Do With Metropolitan Area's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Stockton is not the Bay, but many Tracy people DO consider themselves the Bay believe it or not (perhaps it's because they all came from Oakland) while others state they are Sacramento (which i don't see at all even though the TV there is Sacto).

Well considering I lived in Chicago for 3 years and the people I know in Rockford Identify with both Madison and Chicago. I was raised in Santa Cruz and raised also in San Anselmo which is at either end of the bay, I do realize what I am saying is true to MANY people. Just not some of you.

When it comes to TV markets ROCKFORD is in Chicago and a part of the Chicago market just as Santa Cruz is part of the SF market. these are suburbs of the larger city.

Television Markets has totally nothing to do with the Demographics Of A Metropolitan Area..It's The People Driving In From The Suburbs To Work Shop and take Advantage Of A Core City Entertainment Opportunities...and secondly there's has to be continous border to border developement without a lot of GAP'S between the core urban cities and suburb's...

Old 08-26-2008, 01:11 PM

3,254 posts, read 5,407,421 times
Default Tv markets

Have everything to do with a metro area. It is how advertising dollars are distributed. It is what you buy and how you buy it. Demographics determine what WE market to YOU.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:28 PM

Default My Bad that's just how the Cenus Bureau Does It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Have everything to do with a metro area. It is how advertising dollars are distributed. It is what you buy and how you buy it. Demographics determine what WE market to YOU.
We have to agree to disagree there are a lot of Cities that have Broadcast signals That Travel FAR..FAR..FAR..Outside Of Their's
Metro Area's Here In America..

Old 08-31-2008, 04:32 PM

134 posts, read 412,291 times
San Diego metro is conservative and a military city.... And San Diego definitly gets love!

Old 08-31-2008, 10:29 PM

18,633 posts, read 27,052,687 times
Is the city of San Diego conservative or just the metro? Because if the city is, it has to be the largest conservative city in the nation. Houston and Dallas city limits both are pretty much liberal but the metro areas are conservative.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:58 AM

2,293 posts, read 5,586,092 times
The city tends more liberal, its city council is pretty liberal, but has a conservative mayor. The burbs are conservative for sure. Lots of entrepreneur/small business people in SD, not much in the Corporate big company job structure. There is a solid social conservative community in SD, the Catholic Diocese is better than the LA Archdiocese.TONS of Evangelicals and Mormons. SD is mostly conservative freemarket politics a la Mitt Romney. SD is also still a military town except in the urban upscale neighborhoods such as Old Town, Little Italy, etc.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:31 AM

15,989 posts, read 30,674,548 times
Conservatives are much more fun and don't try to force their beliefs on you! My preacher goes to clubs,football games,bars,etc! You people assume just because people like Bush,go to church,live in the suburbs; they're boring and do nothing but read the bible. This forum really gets annoying after all the stereotyping that goes around and most people have no idea what the hell they're talking about.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:37 PM

Default Conservatives stay at home and watvh T.V. and raise Their's Kid's

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Colorado Springs, CO
Salt Lake City, UT
Oklahoma City, OK
Tulsa, OK
Little Rock, AR
Virginia Beach, VA
Wichita, KS

The one thing all these cities have in common is they are all known for being conservative cities. You never see anybody mention these places unless its something negative yet the Seattles and Austins get nothing but praise. All of these cities have a lot to offer, yet get no respect especially on this forum. Why is this? Do conservatives really bother people so much they can't look beyond their elitism into what these cities really offer, or are these places just that bad?

P.S. I probably left some cities off this list that should be included. Feel free to add some.
The cities mentioned above don't have Major League Sports and Major
Concerts every Month Of The Year....Also they don't have Major Broadway Shows And Live Theater...Major Iconic Attractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City